Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One nights stands

Options
  • 20-09-2015 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

Whats your thought on ONS. Have you had one ? If not would you ?

I myself have never had one in fear of picking up an STI or getting someone pregnant. Also not to mention the awkwardness the following morning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Going to hump, cover the stump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

A description of a most excellent virgin.

Wouldn't have one, married. Have married friends who regularly have them so wouldn't be that judgemental either. Each to their own. As for single friends who do it, good for them. Have a couple of friends that have them pretty much every other weekend, and they seem to escape without the STD or pregnancy thing. So not sure I'd worry too much about those aspects if I was inclined to go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

Fleawuss wrote: »
    A description of a most excellent virgin.

I'm asking for a friend :pac:

Seriously though I was in a relationship for just under a year, just never had ONS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Going to hump, cover the stump

Ahem....stump? I'm sorry for your troubles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I had a one night stand before, it was very tiring especially on the legs :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I'd much rather two night stands, one either side of the bed for symmetry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I've had a couple one night stands, but drift off then before things get awkward the next morning. If you've just met them, don't know them, I don't see what's to be gained sleeping next to them the entire night. Do the deed and go home before he wakes up.

The only time I ever ended up staying over was one night about 2 weeks after I lost my dad, went out, wrote myself off, woke up about 6am still absolutely plastered and fell over when I was trying to get dressed. At that point I was so unsteady on my feet and so drunk I had to get back into bed. It was about 4pm before I was sober enough to make a move, and by then I was so sick I wasn't able. to be fair to him, it wasn't as awkward as I expected a ons to be the next day and he took really good care of me in my delicate state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Also not to mention the awkwardness the following morning.

Anyone with any sense bolts after they're done. No awkwardness! "Eh, thanks for that. See ya.".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

ONS are like Lucky Bags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

It's only awkward if you're a social retard.

"Morning! Making coffee, would you like one?"

20mins later..

I'm just gonna go brush my teeth then I'll drop you home."

Job done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Wouldn't have one. A girl prepared to put out after only meeting a guy is most likely carrying or has carried an STI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Wouldn't have one. A girl prepared to put out after only meeting a guy is most likely carrying or has carried an STI.

If only there was a way of avoiding STIs...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Whats your thought on ONS. Have you had one ? If not would you ?

I myself have never had one in fear of picking up an STI or getting someone pregnant. Also not to mention the awkwardness the following morning.

I've had... ehh, one or two :pac:

If they're not your thing OP, they're not your thing. I've never experienced any awkwardness the following morning though - we've just had sex, it doesn't get any more intimate than that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

If I was single I would, don't see anything wrong with them once you use condoms.

And the guy prepared to put out after only meeting a girl?

The thing with STI's is that even if a person were carrying an STI, they may not be aware of it themselves, and six months dating down the line when they decide to have sex is the same as if they'd had sex on the first night.

It's best to encourage people to be responsible for their own sexual health rather than spreading idiotic myths about sex and sexuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

And the guy prepared to put out after only meeting a girl?

Morally unassailable and a stone cold stud to boot.

High five, bro!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

I don't have ONS but it's just because I need to trust someone before I can relax enough to enjoy sex. I'm in my early 30s the vast majority of my friends do have them do engage in ONS though. I don't see the problem in two consenting adults enjoying each others company. Re: STI's I don't see it a particularly riskier other than you are increasing you're number, really unless you see someone else's results in black and white, you don't know what the other person has so waiting a month and to get to know them a bit before sex doesn't mean they are going to be STI free !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Ah I had a few alright when I was single, and I never felt awkward the next day either. Usually I was still a bit drunk and talking shyte :p

With regards to STDs, just use a condom. To be honest though, I don't think I ever had really good sex with a ONS, relationship sex is the best :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Ah I had a few alright when I was single, and I never felt awkward the next day either. Usually I was still a bit drunk and talking shyte :p

With regards to STDs, just use a condom. To be honest though, I don't think I ever had really good sex with a ONS, relationship sex is the best :o
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Jaysus Brian, you're some man for the threads.

Had a ONS once, never again!! I was deceived!! I thought your wan was a beaut and the next morning I noticed her face was on the pillow. Makeup, the great deceiver. I wont be doing that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I've had a lot of one night stands, especially in the last 3 years. Can't beat sex with a stranger.

Also I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank shows like desperate housewives and sex in the city for allowing women to feel the need to be complete hoors. Sex has gotten so much better in the last 10 years and also so much easier, thank you very much.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

Had a ONS once, never again!! I was deceived!! I thought your wan was a beaut and the next morning I noticed her face was on the pillow. Makeup, the great deceiver. I wont be doing that again.

Someone has to keep the forum alive :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I had two a couple of years ago, within a fairly short span of each other, and in both cases I was back at the girl's place.

Personally I always enjoy the thrill of the conquest and the fact that you can go from strangers, to finding someone attractive, them finding you attractive, and then ending up in bed - all within a few hours - is a bit of a rush.

However, both occasions did feel kinda empty. You're essentially just providing a service. There's no real intimacy and whenever I'm been in a relationship I really enjoying the aspect of cuddling, napping and or relaxing afterwards, rather than getting out of there either instantly or a few hours later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Ah dont let it get you down, you just had a bad case of something that was explained to me another thread. Its called "buyers regret" :)

Did it once. Wasn't for me, didn't like the emptiness of it all. I remembered feeling dirty too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Feeling dirty after sex is a plus, no?

Feeling dirty after sex is a plus, no?
    Maybe I was too immature to appreciate it! :pac: I was 20 but had a very sheltered upbringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

Wouldn't have one, married. Have married friends who regularly have them so wouldn't be that judgemental either. Each to their own. As for single friends who do it, good for them. Have a couple of friends that have them pretty much every other weekend, and they seem to escape without the STD or pregnancy thing. So not sure I'd worry too much about those aspects if I was inclined to go for it.
    That they know of. How is a girl supposed to know/remember who/where every guy she slept with around the time of conceiving in order to contact them all for a paternity test?

Most of the time there may be only 1 possible father but if she was too drunk to remember, they went back to hers and she only knows his first name, etc.

If you have a ons you should start leaving calling cards.

• Advertisement

ALiasEX wrote: »
    That they know of. How is a girl supposed to know/remember who/where every guy she slept with around the time of conceiving in order to contact them all for a paternity test?

Most of the time there may be only 1 possible father but if she was too drunk to remember, they went back to hers and she only knows his first name, etc.

If you have a ons you should start leaving calling cards.

Perhaps they reduced their risk, or even avoided conceiving in the first place, with contraception?

Advertisement