Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-10-2019, 21:25   #61
Strumms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fringegirl View Post
I did see some gender reveal confetti cannons in Aldi this week.

Imagine going to all the hassle of having a gender reveal party and it turns out the sonographer was wrong!

#omg #totesmorto #me #selfie
#thatwillgetmemoreattentioniloveit
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-10-2019, 07:17   #62
stoneill

Sounds like something knackers do.
16-10-2019, 08:09   #63
Feisar

Baby shower? Sure we mens were at it for years, wetting the babies head and all that.
16-10-2019, 08:19   #64
whisky_galore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewolf View Post
Some american lark. Heard of a couple over here but hopefully not catching on
It'll come here soon enough, given that we ape whatever the Yanks do anyway.
16-10-2019, 08:23   #65
salmocab

It’s parents to be thinking they are amazing because they managed to do what only billions before them have managed.
Advertisement
16-10-2019, 09:32   #66
One eyed Jack

Quote:
Baby showers/gender reveal parties what a load of rubbish. Why do we need to adopt what seems to be mainly American customs?

In my experience its people who think the world revolves around them that buy into this crap.

Boring answer but it’s simply how societies evolve - some customs die out, new customs are adopted, and someone, somewhere makes money from the idea -

https://genderrevealcelebrations.com

My experience is the opposite though - it’s generally people who think the world revolves around them, that think everyone else’s ideas which they don’t buy into, are crap, or aren’t worthy of celebration, or like the Munroe yoke in the article in the opening post are somehow ‘damaging’ to someone, somewhere, for... ‘reasons’

Quite honestly, if I was invited to one I’d go, purely for the simple reason that it looks a bit of fun. I wouldn’t bother hosting one myself as I’m not really into the idea, and there’s likely a whole boatload of shared values among the parents and their guests and people whom they do invite, which is probably why I never hear of anyone having one - I don’t move in those circles, but I’d imagine they’ll be as popular in Ireland as Communions, Confirmations and birthday parties in the next few years. Already I have been invited to occasions where the parents are hosting an alternative party when Communions are happening and their children aren’t participating in Communion.
16-10-2019, 09:34   #67
Hector Savage

Can you imagine the self important narcissistic tosser that would do this ?

F*ck ME!!

So do they present the baby and pull it's nappy down ? f*cking sick if that's the case..
(2) thanks from:
16-10-2019, 09:54   #68
Fringegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector Savage View Post
Can you imagine the self important narcissistic tosser that would do this ?

F*ck ME!!

So do they present the baby and pull it's nappy down ? f*cking sick if that's the case..
Lol..... no they reveal the gender (while still pregnant) to all their lucky family and friends.

They find out at the ultrasound and then let everyone else know and throw a pink/blue party..... SURPRISE
Thanks from:
16-10-2019, 09:59   #69
is_that_so

Quote:
Lol..... no they reveal the gender (while still pregnant) to all their lucky family and friends.

They find out at the ultrasound and then let everyone else know and throw a pink/blue party..... SURPRISE
In the "old" days , i.e. before 2016, they'd just call people and chat about it. Really can't fathom the attraction of something like this, apart from shoving it on your Insta' feed.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-10-2019, 10:08   #70
Dravokivich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuringBot47 View Post
In fairness most parents hope their child turns out heterosexual, more chance of a conventional life like they had, more chance of grandkids etc.
So you can't blame them.
I'll just be happy if he's not a vegetarian. But by the way things are going, it looks like he's waging war on the pastafarians.
16-10-2019, 10:17   #71
Sittingpretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by is_that_so View Post
In the "old" days , i.e. before 2016, they'd just call people and chat about it. Really can't fathom the attraction of something like this, apart from shoving it on your Insta' feed.
It’s just an exercise in vapid consumerism for likes on FB /Instagram.

Not my cup of tea at all but horses for courses I suppose.
Thanks from:
16-10-2019, 10:22   #72
DaeryssaOne

Someone I know had one of these parties and it consisted of 10-12 family members holding up their phones to record the couple popping a balloon and everyone cheering and hugging after the confetti was blue. Like who honestly gives a shiny sh**e what gender baby the couple are having? Honestly? Perhaps the grandparents and maybe some aunts/uncles slightly care but nobody else gives a toss.

This was all done just for everybody to upload the video to facebook and make it look like they had a wonderful party but the reality is it just looked self-centred, narcissistic and pathetic.
16-10-2019, 10:35   #73
gibgodsman

I don't agree with gender reveal parties, but the quote in the OP is laughable, if the kid has balls its a boy, if its got a wizards sleeve its a girl, simple as that, if they want to be known as an Apache helicopter when he/she gets older, so be it, they can be weird
16-10-2019, 10:39   #74
SusieBlue

I was at a name reveal party a few months ago.

The same girl expected gifts at her gender reveal, and then text everyone the next day looking for receipts to returns the items in neutral colours (as guests obviously didn't know the gender prior to the big reveal, everyone just bought white stuff) so that she could swap them for pink/girly colours
(4) thanks from:
16-10-2019, 10:58   #75
Raconteuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante7 View Post
Gender reveal parties are a load of bollox, but Pinknews are even worse. They were originally a gay publication but have been completely taken over by the trans cult. Beardy woke bros.
That kinda... came out of nowhere!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion