Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
25-04-2019, 23:22   #31
Tomas81
Registered User
 
Tomas81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by downcow View Post
Tomas I appreciate you making an effort to link it. But you did say if I googled I’d find 30 pages demonstrating your claim. So maybe you could post one of the other 29 pages if you can’t post the forum one. Or maybe it’s not true???
Google it there is 47 links.
Tomas81 is offline  
Advertisement
25-04-2019, 23:23   #32
Tomas81
Registered User
 
Tomas81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by downcow View Post
Tomas I appreciate you making an effort to link it. But you did say if I googled I’d find 30 pages demonstrating your claim. So maybe you could post one of the other 29 pages if you can’t post the forum one. Or maybe it’s not true???
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robe...ell_(loyalist)


https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.iri...585%3fmode=amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ind...-26401301.html

3 examples why FAIR aren't welcome on the streets of Dublin.
Tomas81 is offline  
Thanks from:
25-04-2019, 23:23   #33
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 3,306
As said, lack of publicity, possibly a republican stronghold too.

There was a huge amount of publicity in the run-up to Love Ulster - the Saoradh thing seemed to happen out of the blue. And in fairness, Saoradh are scum, but loyalists hate us - why the f did they want to march here of all places?

I would expect more hostility towards a Saoradh march in a unionist area up north than towards Love Ulster. And I'm not saying this to have a go at moderate unionists - it's just logical.
Gimme A Pound is offline  
(5) thanks from:
25-04-2019, 23:26   #34
Your Face
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,950
Pair of wankers.
Your Face is offline  
Thanks from:
25-04-2019, 23:26   #35
Tomas81
Registered User
 
Tomas81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelica Unkempt Padlock View Post
As said, lack of publicity, possibly a republican stronghold too.

There was a huge amount of publicity in the run-up to Love Ulster - the Saoradh thing seemed to happen out of the blue. And in fairness, Saoradh are scum, but loyalists hate us - why the f did they want to march here of all places?

I would expect more hostility towards a Saoradh march in a unionist area up north than towards Love Ulster. And I'm not saying this to have a go at moderate unionists - it's just logical.
Saoradh and FAIR stand on the same rung of the ladder in the scum regards.
Tomas81 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-04-2019, 23:30   #36
Yamanoto
Registered User
 
Yamanoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMrBrennan83 View Post
Probably right. As far as a list goes of people who shouldn't be allowed March through our capital, loyalists should be top of it.

The only issue that day was a waste of good masonry on the likes of them.
Odd that you don't consider a bunch of scrotes attacking the Gardai, burning the cars of their fellow citizens, turning on Dublin retailers & costing the city and taxpayer hundreds of thousands of Euro an issue.
Yamanoto is offline  
25-04-2019, 23:32   #37
Zaph
A kick in the gulags
 
Zaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 33,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by downcow View Post
I am interested as a NI prod who learns lots on this forum.
Lots of people are on threads saying that Saoradh should not have been allowed to march in Dublin - but they were allowed. Its not that long since a victims group whos family members were murdered by the former Saoradh ie the IRA tried to march through Dublin and were prevented by the locals.
Should i assume that the locals do not have as much anger towards the killers of Lyra as they do against unionists whos friends and family were murdered by the IRA?
Why do they want to march in Dublin in the first place, and why should we tolerate any of them? They should all fcuk off back up north and keep their petty parochial sh*te up there. That marching nonsense has been going on in the North for far too long, and I don't see any reason why we should have to put up with any of it down here.
Zaph is offline  
25-04-2019, 23:36   #38
Tomas81
Registered User
 
Tomas81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
Why do they want to march in Dublin in the first place, and why should we tolerate any of them? They should all fcuk off back up north and keep their petty parochial sh*te up there. That marching nonsense has been going on in the North for far too long, and I don't see any reason why we should have to put up with any of it down here.
As a nationalist from Northern Ireland who lives in the Republic for quite some time, should I **** off back up north? Do you not accept the GFA, my right to be Irish.
Tomas81 is offline  
(3) thanks from:
25-04-2019, 23:42   #39
This is it
Registered User
 
This is it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas81 View Post
As a nationalist from Northern Ireland who lives in the Republic for quite some time, should I **** off back up north? Do you not accept the GFA, my right to be Irish.
Were you part of the march? If not I'm not sure why you're quoting Zaph.
This is it is offline  
Advertisement
25-04-2019, 23:43   #40
Tomas81
Registered User
 
Tomas81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by This is it View Post
Were you part of the march? If not I'm not sure why you're quoting Zaph.
keep their petty parochial sh*te up there.

This.
Tomas81 is offline  
Thanks from:
25-04-2019, 23:44   #41
Zaph
A kick in the gulags
 
Zaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 33,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas81 View Post
keep their petty parochial sh*te up there.

This.
Yes, the petty parochial marching crap. It's caused enough problems in the North over the years, we don't need to have it down here.
Zaph is offline  
25-04-2019, 23:45   #42
downcow
Registered User
 
downcow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
Why do they want to march in Dublin in the first place, and why should we tolerate any of them? They should all fcuk off back up north and keep their petty parochial sh*te up there. That marching nonsense has been going on in the North for far too long, and I don't see any reason why we should have to put up with any of it down here.
Yeah agreed. I was just wondering why there was no opposition to the parade by Lyras killers supporters a couple of days after she was killed.
downcow is offline  
25-04-2019, 23:45   #43
Fr_Dougal
Registered User
 
Fr_Dougal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas81 View Post
keep their petty parochial sh*te up there.

This.
This marching crap, it’s bollocksology. Both sides need a serious dose of cop on. Dick measuring contest for idiots.
Fr_Dougal is offline  
25-04-2019, 23:47   #44
downcow
Registered User
 
downcow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas81 View Post
Saoradh and FAIR stand on the same rung of the ladder in the scum regards.
Just curious would you put Martin Maginnis, Gerry Kelly etc in the same category?
downcow is offline  
25-04-2019, 23:47   #45
lochlach
Registered User
 
lochlach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
Why do they want to march in Dublin in the first place, and why should we tolerate any of them? They should all fcuk off back up north and keep their petty parochial sh*te up there. That marching nonsense has been going on in the North for far too long, and I don't see any reason why we should have to put up with any of it down here.
There's nothing wrong with marching - provided it doesn't incite hatred.

It's a matter of freedom/ civil rights.

There's also the question of not giving groups the oxygen of playing the victim.

Anyone - Loyalist or so-called Republican, who promotes a return to violence, or instigates/encourages sectarianism is pond scum.

It's just better to let the scum rise to the surface where it can be identified, than lurk where it can breed in the dark.

None of which makes it anything less than a disgusting lack of respect for people of other persuasions.

So, let them march and disgrace themselves, while the rest of us look on in disgust....
They irony being that they think they've actually achieved some kind of victory, as opposed to being viewed with contempt!
lochlach is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet