Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
25-04-2019, 17:55   #76
Spanish Eyes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptMackey View Post
I have to travel from cork to Dublin tomorrow . Leaving at 11am and traveling back after 5 . Should I be cancelling my travel plans?
Take the train. If the trains are not running you will know.
Spanish Eyes is offline  
Advertisement
25-04-2019, 17:59   #77
munsterlegend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,853
Hope this storm is not as bad as Darwin which was brutal in the south west and across the country later.
munsterlegend is offline  
Thanks from:
25-04-2019, 18:01   #78
munsterlegend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptMackey View Post
I have to travel from cork to Dublin tomorrow . Leaving at 11am and traveling back after 5 . Should I be cancelling my travel plans?
Yeah traveling back could be dodgy as you get into Tipperary/Cork on the motorway.
munsterlegend is offline  
Thanks from:
25-04-2019, 18:01   #79
km79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 39,579
Heading to a stag from Galway to cork tomorrow afternoon
Hope we make it :@
km79 is offline  
25-04-2019, 18:48   #80
mickger844posts
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by munsterlegend View Post
Hope this storm is not as bad as Darwin which was brutal in the south west and across the country later.
It’s has similarities to Darwin but will it be in reality less severe than the models are forecasting. We have seen it time and time again especially with regards named storms. Hopefully that trend continues.
mickger844posts is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-04-2019, 18:50   #81
munsterlegend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickger844posts View Post
It’s has similarities to Darwin but will it be in reality less severe than the models are forecasting. We have seen it time and time again especially with regards named storms. Hopefully that trend continues.
Yes it might not be as severe this time tomorrow but it seems to have intensified from what the models were showing this morning/yesterday.
munsterlegend is offline  
Thanks from:
25-04-2019, 19:02   #82
munsterlegend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,853
Nothing too dramatic about forecast after news. Sticking to orange warning wind levels with highest winds on the coast.
munsterlegend is offline  
25-04-2019, 19:14   #83
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel
 
Sephiroth_dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 68,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickger844posts View Post
It’s has similarities to Darwin but will it be in reality less severe than the models are forecasting. We have seen it time and time again especially with regards named storms. Hopefully that trend continues.
Hope you're right.
Sephiroth_dude is offline  
25-04-2019, 19:22   #84
JanuarySnowstor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,874
ECM looks the most severe of all tonight.
Hard to analyse properly though because of it's 24 hour slots.
Overall I think we have moved to something more severe tonight than what was on show this morning. Bearing in mind that this morning's charts swayed Met Eireann to orange I think a red is more likely than not. Also I expect larger areas to be covered by orange like Waterford as an example.
If it does go red I'd say it will be limited to Kerry and Cork
JanuarySnowstor is online now  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
25-04-2019, 19:24   #85
aisling86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuarySnowstor View Post
ECM looks the most severe of all tonight.
Hard to analyse properly though because of it's 24 hour slots.
Overall I think we have moved to something more severe tonight than what was on show this morning. Bearing in mind that this morning's charts swayed Met Eireann to orange I think a red is more likely than not. Also I expect larger areas to be covered by orange like Waterford as an example.
If it does go red I'd say it will be limited to Kerry and Cork
If it were to go red for cork, what times do you predict it between? It seems to ramp up between 5-8pm & 10-12am.
aisling86 is offline  
25-04-2019, 19:27   #86
munsterlegend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuarySnowstor View Post
ECM looks the most severe of all tonight.
Hard to analyse properly though because of it's 24 hour slots.
Overall I think we have moved to something more severe tonight than what was on show this morning. Bearing in mind that this morning's charts swayed Met Eireann to orange I think a red is more likely than not. Also I expect larger areas to be covered by orange like Waterford as an example.
If it does go red I'd say it will be limited to Kerry and Cork
You wouldn’t think it was going red by the 6 one forecast. The overnight runs will be interesting.
munsterlegend is offline  
25-04-2019, 19:31   #87
JanuarySnowstor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by aisling86 View Post
If it were to go red for cork, what times do you predict it between? It seems to ramp up between 5-8pm & 10-12am.
I'd say 6pm to 6am as a general cover.
The worst of the winds look like 9pm to midnight so quite a short potent storm
JanuarySnowstor is online now  
25-04-2019, 19:34   #88
JanuarySnowstor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by munsterlegend View Post
You wouldn’t think it was going red by the 6 one forecast. The overnight runs will be interesting.
Ya I didn't see it but they will have presented that on earlier models.
A red isn't a cert just a risk of one
For me the correct forecast would be to mention gusts up to red category but keep general warning to orange
JanuarySnowstor is online now  
25-04-2019, 19:35   #89
Little snowy old me
Registered User
 
Little snowy old me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 94
The weather forecast after the 6 news was mediocre. John Eagleton on the radio earlier sounded like he was wondering why was he being asked about the storm. I wonder are Met E in for a bit of a shock with Hannah and will we see swift upgrades tomorrow? And less of a blasé attitude?
Little snowy old me is offline  
25-04-2019, 20:02   #90
quartz1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 110
I hope John Eagleton is correct in his prediction that the storm will not be in " the Premiership of Storms " ....if it arrives in a more severe form he will gave misled people .
quartz1 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet