Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is this Immoral ????xmas pressies

• 05-12-2002 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

I have a lot of DVD s and CDs for other people (mainly wifes family)

Is it immoral for me to watch these movies (some i havent seen) before giving them as pressies??

I see nothing worng with it as im *testing* them also a Ps2 with 3 games one being GTA vice city have to make sure all the levels and missions load on that one.

Is it wrong???

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i normally end up doing the same, but i can never shake that feeling of guilt when i hand the pressies over.

however, if it's just your wifes family & not your immediate family then i cant see a problem with it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Everything is legal/moral if your not caught :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Personally, I don't think it's immoral. Just make sure that you put the DVD's and videos back in exactly the same condition you got it, and don't mention it to the recipients. Some retailers routinely test some of their merchandise prior to selling it. Why not do this and enjoy the films while you're at it :).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    Everything is legal/moral if your not caught :)

I concur!

I do it all the time - how can you be sure you are not giving a faulty product if you haven't checked it yourself!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I wouldn't mind if it was me, I'd be quite happy that it was put to good use actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

No *cough* backing-up tho ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I heartily endorse the practise of giving gifts that you yourself want. You can also make a backup of said gifts, to also give...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

adn don't go doing anything stupid like saving any of the games on your computer and then having to say "ummmm well i dunno how it got there actually"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

i see absolutely nothing wrong with ya watching the DVD or playing the PS2 game first before handing it over as a present.

Like ya said its called "testing" em.

Don't feel guilty lots of people have done this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,239 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yeah, felt guilty watching a video last year, before giving it to a friend. Not sure why - maybe it's the "second hand gift" element.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

okay, so is it bad when I copy CDs?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

The Answer is no you watch the Movies and then tell everyone the Ending that will make you popular only joking //////// But on the Other Hand Play the Games and you can show the Person that is recieving it how to get thought it ( tell them you havent played it before and they think your a games whizz.)

Brilliant your all happy and you still have a consionce .

Regards ASK ANNE

Advertisement