Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

About them vegans lads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

That's basically what I said yesterday, glad to see you're onside.Wasn't this a thread about vegans?

That was in answer to your question btw. But no not something I'd be interested tbh.

Indeed. Then someone brought up cannabis farming. You can never tell what with Boards lol.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Jackfruit farming. That's another one. Tasty fcukers them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

gozunda wrote: »
    Why the snark? What's wrong with that post? Dont like it? Tbh all I see is more bs replies from angry posters?

:D:D:D

Ah Goz you're a tonic. I can see you in the field ranting to your cows: "Then the durty hippie starts talking about schmokin' dope and vegan burgers. I swear to God, when I get back to the house, I'm going to get back on the 'puter and tell him what's what."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,279 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Did you have roosters? I like roosters. I learned about real alpha males from roosters. I spent time on a farm in America and every night I'd have to throw a bowl full of carrot shavings and the like into the enclosure, which was full of about nine hens and one big rooster.

My rooster does that. Often I just give him the treats and he passes them on to the hens one by one. I like to do it that way as he feels he's contributing that way. They have a very distinct noise they make when they're trying to gather the rest around some good food. I've also had chickens who would queue outside while the rooster pecked the back door to get attetion for snacks. They're particularly fond of grated cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

kowloon wrote: »
    My rooster does that. Often I just give him the treats and he passes them on to the hens one by one. I like to do it that way as he feels he's contributing that way. They have a very distinct noise they make when they're trying to gather the rest around some good food. I've also had chickens who would queue outside while the rooster pecked the back door to get attetion for snacks. They're particularly fond of grated cheese.

• Advertisement

Yurt! wrote: »
    Ah Goz you're a tonic. I can see you in the field ranting to your cows: "Then the durty hippie starts talking about schmokin' dope and vegan burgers. I swear to God, when I get back to the house, I'm going to get back on the 'puter and tell him what's what."

Ah Yurt. Your posts are pure unadulterated eejitey. But hey we would be disappointed with anything else :pac:

You do know that wasnt in reply to you yeah? And did it take you all night to think that up lol?

As for the little happy clapper limpets stuck to the arse of that - what can I say hehe.

A few years ago ended up with a couple of roosters. Christ but those feckers could pick a fight and would fall out over a bit of grass, another chicken you name it. They were screeching and squawking and upsetting everyone else tbh. They'd also beat the ****e out of each other night noon and morning. Thankfully it was stopped when herself made a very nice coq au vin out of one of them ... ;)

Like this one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,336 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

rom wrote: »
    Are you sure this has not already happened, the zombie part?

Allegedly at least one person in Ireland believes it already has!
    Indeed there are such things as zombie sheep ;)

Have you watched the film "Black Sheep"? A tale of Zombified sheep in New Zealand.

Loved the ending to that movie, when they set fire to the pile.

Loved the ending to that movie, when they set fire to the pile.

T'was a fecking brilliant movie. Think I saw it first on vhs. But I'm sure it's on Netflix somewhere. Must go take a look tonight. :D

There was a sequel I think it maybe I'm thinking of a different one?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,336 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

T'was a fecking brilliant movie. Think I saw it first on vhs. But I'm sure it's on Netflix somewhere. Must go take a look tonight. :D

There was a sequel I think it maybe I'm thinking of a different one?

I havent heard that. Will check into it.

My "to watch" list is a bit long though. I still want to watch that movie where the Car Tyre attains sentience and rolls around murdering people. Wasnt that new zealand too? Those guys have some surreal movie ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

As for the little happy clapper limpets stuck to the arse of that - what can I say hehe.

Did it really take you 16 minutes to come up with the last line, G?

lol hehe :pac:

Did it really take you 16 minutes to come up with the last line, G?lol hehe :pac:

Something wrong with your internet connection sonny lol? No? I'd get that checked. But yeah clapper limpets can be slow sometimes attaching themselves on mass to the arse of something like that alright.

That or your glasses. Hehe :D

Something wrong with your internet connection sonny lol? No? I'd get that checked. But yeah limpets can be slow sometimes attaching themselves on mass to the arse of something like that alright.

That or your glasses. Hehe :D

No its just I read your post when you posted it and noticed the addition 16 minutes later. Its ok to be angry. Some people just are.

No its just I read your post when you posted it and noticed the addition 16 minutes later. Its ok to be angry. Some people just are.

Yeah and not all the clapper limpets were attached. But if you like I'll let you know directly when they do or better still you let me know hehe ;)

Yeah I see that lol. Right bunch of angry people. Tbh it's not really surprising that it only goes to prove the OPs comments. Talking of which haven't seen him around tbh much...

Yeah I see that lol. Right bunch of angry people. Tbh it's not really surprising that it only goes to prove the OPs comments. Talking if which haven't seen him around tbh much...

His thread was taken waaay off track so I can't blame him for abandoning ship. He's most likely sick of these threads going the same way too.

Noticed your BS by the way, I was the last one to thank that post and that was long before your reply. Not that I really care, just wanted you to know.

His thread was taken waaay off track so I can't blame him for abandoning ship. He's most likely sick of these threads going the same way too.

Yeah a bunch of the angry people went of the deep end at farmers and just about everything else.

Eitherway his thesis had been proved beyond certainty :D

Good man is Neon ;)

Yeah a bunch of the angry people went of the deep end at farmers and just about everything else.

Eitherway his thesis had been proved beyond certainty :D

Good man Neon ;)

Yeah he started a humorous thread and it got hijacked by old reliable (that's you, G) and his vegan hating ways. That's what actually happened. You must be great at the old gaslighting, watch out ladies.

I havent heard that. Will check into it.

My "to watch" list is a bit long though. I still want to watch that movie where the Car Tyre attains sentience and rolls around murdering people. Wasnt that new zealand too? Those guys have some surreal movie ideas.

There was the other New Zealand one - Braindead which was very good. Earlier film from the Ninties I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Yeah he started a humorous thread and it got hijacked by old reliable (that's you, G) and his vegan hating ways. That's what actually happened. You must be great at the old gaslighting, watch out ladies.

Sure anyone with eyes can read the first page of the thread and see what happened. Nobody said nothing about farming, until Gozunda turned up armed for battle with a vegan horde that never materialised so in his brave defence of farming against vegans he unfortunately ended up fighting a couple of farmers :pac:

Though I do admire the strength and depth of self belief and confidence that allows you to somehow think this thread went well for you Goz.

Anyways I had nachos with "cheese" made out of carrots for lunch there hope everyone else's day is going well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

We can learn a lot from roosters I feel.

• Advertisement

Lol. Yeah he started a humourous thread and got attacked by the usual bunch of angry ones who couldnt see the humour. And you reckon others shouldn't point that type of ****e out? Really hehe.

Would you give over with trying to start a fight btw. Jeez h christ you'd fight with a signpost. I reckon thinking about all that wacky baccy must be paranoid inducing or something

But yeah funnily enough - the same eejitery only served to prove the OPs point. That it was humourous only makes it all the funnier :D

Edit:
    Just adding this one as it's more of the same - no point wasting space tbh if that's ok with you ;)
    Sure anyone with eyes can read the first page of the thread and see what happened. Nobody said nothing about farming, until Gozunda turned up armed for battle with a vegan horde that nevermaterialised so in his brave defence of farming against vegans he unfortunately ended up fighting a couple of farmers :pac:Though I do admire the strength and depth of self belief and confidence that allows you to somehow think this thread went well for you Goz.Anyways I had nachos with "cheese"made out of carrots for lunch there hope everyone else's day is going well too.

Yeah the thread went downhill about the time electro~bitch turned up for a full frontal assault electro b~fest calling other poster (me) a "shrill" and other rather unpleasant things. Didnt even pretend to reply to the topic of the thread and kept at lol. And then some random narcistic comments about being tall etc and some backtracking telling us that farmers are sometimes nice when you need to get a car towed. Yada yada Like anyone feking is interested. Btw the first comments about farming (9 times on first page) and meat (54 times on first page) were included long before I posted. I mentioned farming by reply just once on that page lol.

But yeah heres a lot of wannabe cannabis 'farmers' on here alright. But I'm not sure they actually qualify.

Yeah had a lovely lunch of a beef salad with fresh fruit afterwards. Very nice thank you.

Anyway back on topic.

Neon. Take a bow ;)

Its welcome and rare to see someone on here separating the veggies/vegans from the extremists.
    He's most likely sick of these threads going the same way too.

I always learn _something_ from these threads even when they go awry. Seems there is no end to things about vegans I am entirely ignorant of!

For example I only this week learned that some vegans can not / will not eat almonds, avocados, kiwis, melon and squash.

Which is mad as if I had a vegan coming to my house these may have been some of the first things I would have got in for them. Especially as I tend to do quite a lot with almonds in general.

I think I have learned to make zero assumptions. If a vegan comes my way - I am just going to have to ask rather than offer as to what I can do for them.

Anyways I had nachos with "cheese" made out of carrots for lunch there hope everyone else's day is going well too.

He's best left to it, eh! Logic means nothing.

I had chicken and I am not sorry, vegans!
    I always learn _something_ from these threads even when they go awry. Seems there is no end to things about vegans I am entirely ignorant of!

For example I only this week learned that some vegans can not / will not eat almonds, avocados, kiwis, melon and squash.

Which is mad as if I had a vegan coming to my house these may have been some of the first things I would have got in for them. Especially as I tend to do quite a lot with almonds in general.

I think I have learned to make zero assumptions. If a vegan comes my way - I am just going to have to ask rather than offer as to what I can do for them.

I did not know that either actually. I only really know one person who is properly vegan and he tends to feed himself at gatherings. Brings little bags of stuff and works away. God love them they are like food outcasts ;)

Lol. Yeah he started a humourous thread and got attacked by the usual bunch of angry ones who couldnt see the humour. And you reckon others shouldn't point that type of ****e out? Really hehe.

Your first post attacked vegans, while mine joked about them. I can quote it for you if you really want me to. You went on to spout passive-aggressive nonsense after that.
    Would you give over with trying to start a fight btw. Jeez h christ you'd fight with a signpost. I reckon thinking about all that wacky baccy must be paranoid inducing or something.

No I wouldn't. No it isn't.

Again, I did not bring up cannabis farming, I just called you out on something you said about it. So why you keep implying anyone arguing against you is a stoner, I do not know. Clinging on for life I guess.
    But yeah funnily enough - the same eejitery only served to prove the OPs point. That it was humourous only makes it all the funnier :D

I'd say you were laughing all the way through it alright. Rolling around you were. I'm just surprised you haven't accused anyone of stalking or fancying you yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

What’s their beef with them, T?

Is it down to environmental reasons as opposed to cruelty or believing that they have souls?

The tide is turning…

Is it down to environmental reasons as opposed to cruelty or believing that they have souls?

Hehehe beef.

No - It seems part of the vegan philosophy for some people is any use of animals without their consent.

Certain vegetable products involve the unnatural use of bees. Forcing them to work or live in a way that is against their normal nature.

So products produced using animals - even ones like grapes and nuts which you might have thought entirely vegan - can seemingly be off the menu for some vegans.

As another user wrote this week on another thread - every day is a school day for me!

Its that they are pollinated by bees, Emmet. I want to meet the vegan who says its because they have souls though ;)

Its that they are pollinated by bees, Emmet. I want to meet the vegan who says its because they have souls though ;)

I think - correct me if I am wrong - that products pollinated by bees are generally ok?

It is when you have to force - trick - or somehow modify the bees normal habitat and behaviours to get that pollination that it becomes a problem?

Actually it is probably both when I think about it. I bet there are groups in both camps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,743 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Hehehe beef.

No - It seems part of the vegan philosophy for some people is any use of animals without their consent.

Certain vegetable products involve the unnatural use of bees. Forcing them to work or live in a way that is against their normal nature.

So products produced using animals - even ones like grapes and nuts which you might have thought entirely vegan - can seemingly be off the menu for some vegans.

As another user wrote this week on another thread - every day is a school day for me!

you're talking about total nutjobs here who 99.99% of normal people won't ever encounter. They have no bearing on normal vegans/vegetarians.

• Advertisement

I think - correct me if I am wrong - that products pollinated by bees are generally ok?

It is when you have to force - trick - or somehow modify the bees normal habitat and behaviours to get that pollination that it becomes a problem?

Actually it is probably both when I think about it. I bet there are groups in both camps.

You may well be right on that, its not a subject I'm overly-informed on tbh.

Advertisement