Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Delay with Bailies Coffee delivery

• 15-01-2020 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi all
    Anyone else experiencing a delay with their subscription from Bailies?
    My December delivery (26th is the date) has still not arrived. I contacted them and they gave me assurances that it was on the way.
    No sign yet!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Got my sub before Christmas no bother. Next one due in a week or so. Will keep you posted. Pop them another email tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

i got notification at the start of the month but no coffee yet

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

My order on the 3rd of January came a couple of days after no bother, renewal was on the Friday and was delivered by the Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Bot1

Thanks for the info folk.
    I contacted them again.
    They think order got lost in the post.
    They couriered me out a replacement delivery the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Akula

Bot1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info folk.
    I contacted them again.
    They think order got lost in the post.
    They couriered me out a replacement delivery the next day!

I had issues also. Wrong bags sent and then disappearing bags. They were very responsive but their courier seems to have been letting them down.

Wonderful coffee.

• Advertisement

I didn't get my Jan coffee and got notification of the Feb batch that hasn't arrived yet.

just contacted them and fair play they are re sending the bags straight away

they did more digging the coffee for january was left in the green bin by the courier

on bin collection day

Seems to be happening again this week...

I got my March delivery because I happened to be working at home last Wednesday and caught the courier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Do they still deliver with DPD but w/o a tracking no? I found that odd and confusing. Must be some budget service.

yeah, and DPD won't talk to you about lost stuff unless there is a tracking number

those cards they stick in your door aren't worth a shíte if something is lost.

I emailed them. And said it shipped on the fourth and should be with me today or tomorrow. So lets see.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I got a text from DPD when my Bailies stuff was coming assumed it was because of my parcel wizard account

my April shipment hasn't arrived yet.

my confidence levels in DPD are at an all time low

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Mine has shipped, email 1st April confirming.
    Have it in the press a few days ago.

It'll arrive .....I wouldn't worry.

Mine is delayed also. I've gone into their tracking system and it says that royal mail is still waiting on the package from sender....

I contacted Bailies on Thursday (7th apr) and they said they had sent my April coffee on the 2nd, but for some reason DPD had sent it back to them.

They re-sent the April microlot, and it arrived this morning, but they had stuck a second bag into the shipment.

I have to say, that whenever I've had issues with my Bailies deliveries it's always been an issue with DPD, but Bailies Customer Service is second to none.

So their tracking now says delivered but no sign.

That’s four out of the last five months I’ve had issues. I’ve had to chase it with them three out of those four times to get it.

It’s my favourite coffee, but becoming more hassle than its worth.

it's not Bailies at fault imo

they need to absolutely change courier though

• Advertisement

it's not Bailies at fault imo

That was my view the first few times.... but given these issues seem so constant and impacting so many customers its on them to change their courier.

Bailies delivered this morning and I even got notification from DPD this time they must have changed their process or something

Guatemala El Limonar

Ditto mine was fine this month. I'm still missing a bag from last month but at this point they've just said they'll put it in the box next month.

The El Limonar is lovely btw.

Akula wrote: »
    The El Limonar is lovely btw.

how did you brew it? Website says it's best as pourover

how did you brew it? Website says it's best as pourover

So far, only as a pour over using my moccamaster. Really happy with it and enjoying it.

no delay for June, just received by new beans, roasted on 29th May.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

My subscription just stopped. Don't know why. Didn't chase it up.... must send them an email. Very odd.

So I got my regular delivery fine. But the missing one from the previous month that I said just stuck in with this month didn't come. Contacted them and they said they had sent it already and now will have to send it again.

It really feels like I'm having to contact them every single month...... I love their coffee but there comes a point where its more pain than its worth....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Ordered at 6am on Wednesday, had my coffee at lunchtime on Thursday, via DPD. Roast dates from 28th/29th (5 days previous), which is perfect for me.

Another thumbs up for Guatemala El Limonar.

Advertisement