Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Constant Cavities - how do I limit or prevent further Cavities?

• 29-03-2021 8:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭

I have had a prolonged issue with dental cavities since childhood. I will admit that I had problems with committing to brushing my teeth as I child, because I did not like the feeling of the bristles. I also did not floss. So throughout my childhood I would say I had 4-5 fillings.

Before moving on, I should say that I have an overbite which has intensified, leading to crowding of my teeth on one side of my jaw. This crowding has intensified significantly this year with some of my teeth bending inward at angles at some points. I was referred to an Orthodontist and told that I could not have braces fitted without adjustment surgery.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

As I moved on into adulthood I brushed my teeth once a day, but still limited flossing. I got a concerning wake up call in my last trip to the Dentist(I had not been to the Dentist in four years) where I had to get several fillings, the fillings were mostly in between my teeth or on the edges. This was a traumatising process.

I promised myself that I would be more in depth with my dental hygiene from that point onward. And I have, I have purchased a water pik, so I floss with that and I brush my teeth twice a day, occasionally also after meals. I made a point of also buying a Interdental brush, so I floss that way also, alongside using a high fluoride mouthwash.

I have noticed that my teeth are whiter and appear to be cleaner (less gunk after flossing), however, I have noticed small browns dots appearing on my fillings and on some of my teeth, I also have some sensitivity in drinking cold liquids. This would seem to suggest that I have more cavities forming yet again.

I am disappointed at this as I have greatly reduced fizzy drinks and increased my dental hygiene. Is there anything at all that I can do to limit further cavities? I am keen on keeping my teeth in the condition that they are in at the moment.

Is it possible that the overbite is causing these cavities? Or are some people susceptible to cavities no matter what sort of dental regiment they implement?

Advertisement