Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TVs for the PS4 Pro - 4K HDR

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Has anyone bought a 4K tv from Amazon? Is it better to get it delivered to Parcel Motel or to give them your house address? Will they take care delivering it? I bought a TV from a bricks and mortar shop and they put the box face down on the counter - some people that work in these shops know nothing about transporting tvs - this is why I am worried about ordering from Amazon - any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Danick wrote: »
    Has anyone bought a 4K tv from Amazon? Is it better to get it delivered to Parcel Motel or to give them your house address? Will they take care delivering it? I bought a TV from a bricks and mortar shop and they put the box face down on the counter - some people that work in these shops know nothing about transporting tvs - this is why I am worried about ordering from Amazon - any thoughts?

Do parcel motel even take such big deliveries?? Can't see how a TV would fit in the kiosk things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Do parcel motel even take such big deliveries?? Can't see how a TV would fit in the kiosk things.

You can get them to deliver oversize goods to your home for an additional fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Autochange wrote: »
    I posted about a friend who last Friday bought a sharp smart tv from tesco. Remote has a netflix button but it dosnt work and there is no app on the tv. Can't be installed either. He rang the support line in Dublin and was told to update his tv via ner. He did that but still no netflix. Rang them again and the guy said there is an update on the way at the end of 2016. He landed the tv back to tesco and his money was refunded straight away. He told the manager he bought the tv for netflix. It dosnt work and he wants his money back. No problem. Now looking at a sony bravia. Will be used for gaming and netflix / showbox only.
    If you want to take it back they will refund

Yeah I think I recall seeing that post alright, I think it's crazy that they would just refund straight away.. There is however no Netflix button on mine but when I try getting to the internet it rarely works ...

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Can anyone share their thoughts/opinions on either Sony KD55XD8005 or Sony KD55XD8599?

• Advertisement

Can anyone share their thoughts/opinions on either Sony KD55XD8005 or Sony KD55XD8599?

My brother bought the kd55x8005 during amazons black Friday sale. Picture quality is amazing, though the hdr can be a bit hit and miss. As for gaming I've only seen battlefield 1 running it, some maps look stunning in hdr (fao fortress), argonne forest looked better with hdr off. It probably just needs some settings tweaked but overall he is well impressed with the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

My brother bought the kd55x8005 during amazons black Friday sale. Picture quality is amazing, though the hdr can be a bit hit and miss. As for gaming I've only seen battlefield 1 running it, some maps look stunning in hdr (fao fortress), argonne forest looked better with hdr off. It probably just needs some settings tweaked but overall he is well impressed with the TV.

Currently in a lightning deal on Amazon, £760 for the next 5.5hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Sound thanks for that. Just ordered the slightly more expensive 8599

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Autochange wrote: »
    I posted about a friend who last Friday bought a sharp smart tv from tesco. Remote has a netflix button but it dosnt work and there is no app on the tv. Can't be installed either. He rang the support line in Dublin and was told to update his tv via ner. He did that but still no netflix. Rang them again and the guy said there is an update on the way at the end of 2016. He landed the tv back to tesco and his money was refunded straight away. He told the manager he bought the tv for netflix. It dosnt work and he wants his money back. No problem. Now looking at a sony bravia. Will be used for gaming and netflix / showbox only.
    If you want to take it back they will refund

Left TV back got the 449 cash back then bought same size full HD led smart TV for 269euro will do me while I save for a 4k TV and Netflix seems to be working for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

And I was considering buying a Sony 4K this time around ( the 8088 looked good ) ... but not now,

http://hothardware.com/news/sony-allegedly-covering-up-input-lag-issues-on-bravia-tvs

I'll stick with Sammy again .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

http://www.currys.ie/mobile/product/samsung-ue55ku6400-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-55-led-tv/337267/397.0.6?&

This little beast arrived last night.... the pop of the screen when the Pro is running on it is insane. So bright, so vivid. Stunning.
    Makes looking at standard def TV a bit disappointing though.
    Nearly out of contract with Eir for my TV channels though so definitely gonna jump ship back over to Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

And I was considering buying a Sony 4K this time around ( the 8088 looked good ) ... but not now,

http://hothardware.com/news/sony-allegedly-covering-up-input-lag-issues-on-bravia-tvs

I'll stick with Sammy again .

Ah i don't know. I got a 43" Bravia a few weeks ago and don't notice any input lag when i'm playing. People like to pick holes in things when there's no need to. The new Astro A50 headset comes to mind. The Astro forum is jammed with people complaining about a "robotic voice" in party chat. I have a set for Xbox and PS4 and haven't heard it once nor has anyone else and i've had the things nearly two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I've recently moved from a Samsung plasma with 22ms lag to the Sony 55xd9305 and the input lag is really noticeable.

FIFA 17 alone is crazy.

If I could go back I'd have bought the Samsung ks8000 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

I have been back and forth about this

UE55KS7000UXXU

http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/samsung-55-7-series-suhd-tv-ue55ks7000uxxu.html

Would everyone say this is the best I can get for the guts of a grand?

Also why dont they have the actual term 4K on the HM website?

Are the settings a pain in the hole to get this right for HDR to show off its greatness

etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

http://www.currys.ie/mobile/product/samsung-ue55ku6400-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-55-led-tv/337267/397.0.6?&

This little beast arrived last night.... the pop of the screen when the Pro is running on it is insane. So bright, so vivid. Stunning.
    Makes looking at standard def TV a bit disappointing though.
    Nearly out of contract with Eir for my TV channels though so definitely gonna jump ship back over to Sky.

I have the 51in equivalent and my PS4 Pro. Looks amazing (Make sure your HDR device is hooked into first HDMI though). Have upgraded to UHD Netflix (2 quid extra a month and you get two more users. Worth it). Luke Cage looked real good. I know it'll be a while before we see full UHD support but it's getting there.

R.F. wrote: »

UE55KS7000UXXU

http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/samsung-55-7-series-suhd-tv-ue55ks7000uxxu.html

Are the settings a pain in the hole to get this right for HDR to show off its greatness

etc....
    That's the one I'm gravitating towards in the 49" version . It seems to be the best out there for the cash or anywhere near it . The response time is also amazing ,

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ue49ks7000-201610234374.htm

. Soundstore also have it at that price and a lot of other retailers in Ireland , So go and get the price beat .

http://www.soundstore.ie/samsungue49ks7000uxxu-49-superior-ultra-hd-4k-2100-pqi-led-tv.html

I'm gonna wait to see if the price changes again in the sales though + I have to sell on my Samsung 49H6400 .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

That's probably the best 55" for the price. It's very close to the much more expensive Ks8000. I was gonna get it only for how wide the feet are.

UE55KS7000UXXU

etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

UE55KS7000UXXU

etc....

It's excellent, I bought one from RicherSounds up north and it's brilliant for the Pro, you might be better off buying it up there. They have a boards forum so worth messaging to see if there is any discounts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    It's excellent, I bought one from RicherSounds up north and it's brilliant for the Pro, you might be better off buying it up there. They have a boards forum so worth messaging to see if there is any discounts :)

Cheers

Ive got a about 500 quids worth of One4All vouchers to put towards it so Im thinking Harvey Norman is my main option

Cheers

Ive got a about 500 quids worth of One4All vouchers to put towards it so Im thinking Harvey Norman is my main option

Harvey normans have the 55 for €1200 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Harvey normans have the 55 for €1200 :eek:

Is that the cheapest price for them today?. As soon u be getting back my 1100 euros from power city and won't to buy the Samsung to replace it.

As I am thinking will Steven's day have them cheaper?. As I won't to buy today ha

Is that the cheapest price for them today?. As soon u be getting back my 1100 euros from power city and won't to buy the Samsung to replace it.

As I am thinking will Steven's day have them cheaper?. As I won't to buy today ha

I was in HN a while ago and the KS7000 49 was €1100 and the 55 was €1200 . i nearly dropped when she quoted me for the 55" .

I was in HN a while ago and the KS7000 49 was €1100 and the 55 was €1200 . i nearly dropped when she quoted me for the 55" .

Would I be wrong but that's quite a good price for the 55?. Stop i paid 1100 last year for my **** lg haha

Stop after buying a Ks7000&dispatch 55 inch for 1080 euros from sound store in cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

You's lads must be made of money. :pac:

You's lads must be made of money. :pac:

It's replace a TV that's broke that I will be getting refund from power city

Stop after buying a Ks7000&dispatch 55 inch for 1080 euros from sound store in cork

That's a great deal . I have a nephew in HN working on a price for me ;)

I rang my local Soundstore in Waterford and I asked them to match your €1080 and they told me that there has been no sale at that price in their stores :confused:

My Nephew in HN can only get it for €1150 and the 49 for 1k .

I rang my local Soundstore in Waterford and I asked them to match your €1080 and they told me that there has been no sale at that price in their stores :confused:

My Nephew in HN can only get it for €1150 and the 49 for 1k .

Well i don't know ha. What way it was took down from then but i am waiting for it to come its post to be Due tomorrow but we will wait and see.

I bought from where warehouse if your wondering via the phone Only way i could buy it and get it to me for xmess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,798 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Well i don't ha. What way they took down then i am waiting for it to come myself now Due tomorrow. I bought from where warehouse if your wondering

I have no idea what your trying to say here. Lots of your posts are very difficult to read but I can manage most times.

Did you buy from a warehouse sale?

Advertisement