Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The share your creativity thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

That's my favourite anything. EVER. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

That's my favourite anything. EVER. :D

The yoke above? It is rather random.

167529_495181438239_741718239_6263848_2472002_n.jpg

I must demand a doodle. I'll swap you for a badly written review tomorrow :P

Sounds like an excellent deal. What would you like a doodle of?

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Sounds like an excellent deal. What would you like a doodle of?

hate to sound vain but...

ME :D

• Advertisement

Ugh, but I've already expressed my difficulty at drawing girlies! Hrmmm..

I have no curves, that should help :P

I have no curves, that should help :P

Curves aren't really the worst bit, it's the delicate pretty girlie face of yours that's going to make it a doodle where I'll have to bust out the eraser at least once. Damn that's more than I've used it for every other picture in this thread. But I'll do it damn it, I never turn down a challenge! :cool:

Just draw Daria with bigger jabs.

(I consulted Stu on this one).

One badly drawn doodle for your badly written review :) Fair swapsies :D

167070_495201688239_741718239_6264178_3998217_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Spotted this thread and decided to share a short story I wrote inspired by a photo of a couple kissing that was taken in Paris in the 50s. Enjoy (hopefully)

Life's Photograph
    She takes the picture from the mantle, tracing a wrinkled finger over the young couple caught in an embrace. She remembers this day as if it were yesterday. They’d been unable to afford a honeymoon, and on their first anniversary he surprised her. He made her breakfast in bed, and beside the coffee pot he placed the envelope. Inside, she found two tickets to Paris. He spent the entire first year of their marriage saving, and she’d had no idea. It was something they’d joked about before they got married - running away to Paris. Their friends and families told them they were foolish - that they should save the money for when they had children - but they ignored it, too excited about seeing another country. In the end, they never had any children, but they always have Paris. As she gazes at the elderly man asleep in the leather armchair across from her, she thinks back to that wonderful trip.
    She’d never left the country before and the experiences of travelling were novel to her. It was a morning in May of 1950 when they arrived, but by the time they found their hotel, evening had fallen. There’d been a light shower earlier in the day, and you could smell the wet trees and grass. With the warm breeze, they decided to dine on the hotel’s terrace, looking out at the Eiffel Tower. They made a pact to try everything French. She remembers how he hadn’t been keen on the idea of eating snails at that first dinner, but in the end, he agreed, for her. He did mostly everything for her on that trip, visiting the museums, the art galleries, walks along the Seine without complaint. The picture was taken on their last day, as they walked from their hotel to the Notre Dame Cathedral. She was talking about all the sights they’d seen, and the stories they’d have to tell everyone at home, when suddenly he pulled her in for that kiss. It was so powerful and full of passion. They didn’t know about the photo until many years later, when a friend saw it printed in a magazine. For their tenth anniversary she contacted the magazine and they arranged for a copy to be sent to her. It‘s hard to believe that kiss took place sixty years ago.
    Many things have changed since then. Flying isn’t so novel anymore and visiting other countries is much easier for people now. She remembers her friend’s grandchildren telling her about their gap-years in India, China and even Australia. She is slightly envious of the younger generations, with so much more freedom and time. Of course, things aren’t all easy for them - times have changed; now couples have both to work to afford their house and educate their children. But they also have time to be young, to travel, to live their lives. Looking at the love of her life, she knows that while she may not have had all those opportunities, she wouldn’t change her life. The last sixty years were wonderful. Yes, they had their problems, but they were happy. As she replaces the photograph, she smiles and walks over to her husband. She kisses his cold lips and turns to call her friend, thinking she will be with him again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

This is random, hard to follow and not my best work. Dont forget to follow the arrows.

149951_496371559749_792304749_7036357_312514_n.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Few, I do not believe that that is an accurate representation of myself. 1. I can't smile that big :P 2. I'm not that crazy about Jager, I'm much crazier about other things :D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Few, I do not believe that that is an accurate representation of myself. 1. I can't smile that big :P 2. I'm not that crazy about Jager, I'm much crazier about other things :D:D

I'm not sure I want to ask that question :D

picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=327

oh yeah, coming from the girl who made her boyfriend drink a Jaegerbomb etc, I think you protest too much... like a junkie who says she's not addicted to the red skittles!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

oh yeah, coming from the girl who made her boyfriend drink a Jaegerbomb etc, I think you protest too much... like a junkie who says she's not addicted to the red skittles!

I made him get one cuz I don't like drinking them on my own, it's no fun :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

165326_495146898239_741718239_6263259_6310956_n.jpg

Awesome!
    How do I put it into my signiture with a link to the Nocturnal Forum!?
    I forget how toooooooo

• Moderators Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Awesome!
    How do I put it into my signiture with a link to the Nocturnal Forum!?
    I forget how toooooooo

you going on a recruitment drive for the LMS thread? :O:P

[noparse]165326_495146898239_741718239_6263259_6310956_n.jpg[/noparse]

If you can read this, you're too close!

I havent decided what this is yet. Male/female; Angel/devil; good/bad; worth shading properly/not worth it.

The debate in my head continues.

146051.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Awesome stuffs is awesome!

Edit- i want a comic! \o/

Pter wrote: »
    I havent decided what this is yet. Male/female; Angel/devil; good/bad; worth shading properly/not worth it.

The debate in my head continues.

146051.jpg

Whatever it is, I hope it's a girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Did this for the Photoshop tennis thread, thought I'd throw it up here as well. I really should be studying instead of playing with photoshop :D

146566.jpg

I was trying to re-create the 'Ken' stage from street fighter 2

• Moderators Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

What I think one of the creatures that's responsible for this weather looks like.

attachment.php?attachmentid=146607&stc=1&d=1296853677

If you can read this, you're too close!

Why has Few not put up a video of his musical creativity yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

The yoke above? It is rather random.

167529_495181438239_741718239_6263848_2472002_n.jpg

I can't believe I'm only seeing this now!! :eek: my sleeping pattern has been perfectly captured here few :D

MOAR!
    Just draw Daria with bigger jabs.

(I consulted Stu on this one).

huh? you did? do i look like daria??

huh? you did? do i look like daria??

Em...that was posted at a time when I was well under the influence.
    It wasn't about you but I texted you to see if it was an alright thing to post.

You never replied so I figured you were ok with it...turns out you weren't.

Em...that was posted at a time when I was well under the influence.
    It wasn't about you but I texted you to see if it was an alright thing to post.

You never replied so I figured you were ok with it...turns out you weren't.

oh yeah i remember some reference to daria. that was a text i got from you at like 3am some night and I had already told you I was asleep! that's why i didn't text back you loon.

in my infinite boredom i've decided to depict some nocs with primitive means - ms paint. oh and it's just identifying them by their hair :D

nocsandtheirhair.jpg

• Advertisement

Me and few on the edges? (that is so my wobbly elbow)

Advertisement