Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Walker WP645TS-HD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

thanks for that!! Would appreciate if you can advise if there is a box that has seamless channel list (I guess via PM as this thread is specifically about the walker) If not then I will be going for this one!

If looking at saorview approved combos, then the Triax TSC114 has both the UK and Irish channels integrated into the same channel list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

I cant get sky news teletext on it. Can anybody check on your their box if it is working or not. It might be just my box playing up. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I couldn't get it to work either on sky news

Is it meant to work on original Freesat boxes? Freesat uses MHEG-5 for interactivity while Sky boxes use the proprietary OpenTV system. So unless Sky have ported it to MHEG-5 it won't work.

Karsini wrote: »
    Is it meant to work on original Freesat boxes? Freesat uses MHEG-5 for interactivity while Sky boxes use the proprietary OpenTV system. So unless Sky have ported it to MHEG-5 it won't work.

Thanks for confirming that, knew there was something funny going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Ray Mack

Is there any knack to getting the sat free scan to work?

I set the antenna to the usual one that scanned all my channels into the 'satellite' section, but when i run the sat free scan it says it can't find the home transponder?

I am not sure what the home transponder is, the list of transponders on the 'antenna set up - transponder list' are the ones that correspond to the channels on my 'satellite' section.

Any ideas on what I need to do? (I am stuck with now & next guide atm.)

Ray Mack wrote: »

I set the antenna to the usual one that scanned all my channels into the 'satellite' section, but when i run the sat free scan it says it can't find the home transponder?

I am not sure what the home transponder is, the list of transponders on the 'antenna set up - transponder list' are the ones that correspond to the channels on my 'satellite' section.

The home transponder is 11.428 H 27500 2/3 on Eutelsat 28A (ex Eurobird). Do you have trouble receiving any channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

You need to go into configuration and click direct connection, then set it to astra 2 28.2 and it will scan the home sections.

Karsini wrote: »
    The home transponder is 11.428 H 27500 2/3 on Eutelsat 28A (ex Eurobird). Do you have trouble receiving any channels?

Thanks for the information Karsini.

I have a peculiar thing happening.

I ran an auto scan in the satellite section and the box found pretty much nothing except Babestation etc. I got a guy out to look at the dish as I assumed it had moved in the wind or something and wasn't pointing in the correct direction. He came yesterday and everything is fine he said. He plugged one of his boxes in and everything was there: BBC, ITV etc.

I downgraded my firmware to 2.9 via the TVtrade website tutorial and downloads and installed their channel list but still none of the BBC's and ITV's.

I went on the net again and found a site - http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-28A-and-Astra-1N-2A-2F. html which had a list of frequency information and I tried manually searching these frequencies. Again nothing was coming in.

I checked the channels that the box had picked up versus the ones on the site and noticed that my frequencies were different to the list by 7 i.e. if the site said C4 was on 10714, my box found it at 10707. The same is the case with the frequency you mentioned, my box finds those services at 11.421 H, it still however wont pick it up as a 'home' transponder maybe because it is looking at 11.428 which finds nothing on my manual scan.

Any ideas on why my frequencies are different or is it a problem with the box. I have all the channels scanned into satellite now, HD versions of BBC, ITV, C4, all the SD channels I usually look at, its just they are at different frequencies from what everyone else says they should be at?

Thaks for all your help.

Ray

Thanks for the information Karsini.

I have a peculiar thing happening.

I ran an auto scan in the satellite section and the box found pretty much nothing except Babestation etc. I got a guy out to look at the dish as I assumed it had moved in the wind or something and wasn't pointing in the correct direction. He came yesterday and everything is fine he said. He plugged one of his boxes in and everything was there: BBC, ITV etc.

I downgraded my firmware to 2.9 via the TVtrade website tutorial and downloads and installed their channel list but still none of the BBC's and ITV's.

I went on the net again and found a site - http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-28A-and-Astra-1N-2A-2F. html which had a list of frequency information and I tried manually searching these frequencies. Again nothing was coming in.

I checked the channels that the box had picked up versus the ones on the site and noticed that my frequencies were different to the list by 7 i.e. if the site said C4 was on 10714, my box found it at 10707. The same is the case with the frequency you mentioned, my box finds those services at 11.421 H, it still however wont pick it up as a 'home' transponder maybe because it is looking at 11.428 which finds nothing on my manual scan.

Any ideas on why my frequencies are different or is it a problem with the box. I have all the channels scanned into satellite now, HD versions of BBC, ITV, C4, all the SD channels I usually look at, its just they are at different frequencies from what everyone else says they should be at?

Thaks for all your help.

Ray

Sounds like your LNB local oscillator offset is slightly wrong. I'm not sure if this can be changed on the Walker, I don't see the option anywhere.

• Advertisement

Hi Karsini,

Sorry I am not that knowledgeable about the technology, is that a problem with the dish or a problem with the box?

Thanks again,

Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭zg3409

He is suggesting the thing on the end of the dish is not working 100%. It would be worth checking the box on another dish to confirm if it is indeed a dish problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nolnah

SatFree Firmware v3.8 now available to download & install via USB device

http://www.tvtrade.ie/blog/walker-wp645ts-hd-how-to-install-firmware-v3-8-satfree-from-usb-drive/

Hi,my problem is when powered up the box will not pass the init stage.Is it a brick or can I somehow force it to reinstall software without going through the menu. The box is over one year old.

nolnah wrote: »
    Hi,my problem is when powered up the box will not pass the init stage.Is it a brick or can I somehow force it to reinstall software without going through the menu. The box is over one year old.

I would try to reload fw from usb. Tvtrade have it all on their page an good directions how to do it.

Thanks inc21, the problem is it wont pass the INIT stage for me to access the menu system. I was wondering if there was a means of pressing a combination of buttons or such that would force it to load from the usb stick.

Thanks inc21, the problem is it wont pass the INIT stage for me to access the menu system. I was wondering if there was a means of pressing a combination of buttons or such that would force it to load from the usb stick.

USB loads automatically. Stick it in then turn on the box, give it few min and hopefully it does it for you.

edit: just make sure you have only "forceupgrade.bin" on the stick

inc21 wrote: »
    USB loads automatically. Stick it in then turn on the box, give it few min and hopefully it does it for you.

edit: just make sure you have only "forceupgrade.bin" on the stick

Tried that with 2.8 ,2.9 and 3.8 fw ,each time with only one version of forceupgrade.bin on USB still no joy. USB is formated and works with other receiver so should be OK. Thanks for your help,think I will bin it.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Tried that with 2.8 ,2.9 and 3.8 fw ,each time with only one version of forceupgrade.bin on USB still no joy. USB is formated and works with other receiver so should be OK. Thanks for your help,think I will bin it.
    Have you 2 receivers the same? If so, have you tried using the power supply that belongs to the good combi with the dodgy one?

byte wrote: »
    Have you 2 receivers the same? If so, have you tried using the power supply that belongs to the good combi with the dodgy one?

byte, Both receivers have 3 pin plugs direct to mains , used same usb stick to upgrade the other one to 3.8fw and working fine, still no joy with other.

One more thing. Have you that box connected with HDMI or scart? If with HDMI I would try scart instead and see will it show anything on the screen. You have to do the usual bit by selecting correct AV channel on your TV.

• Advertisement

One more thing. Have you that box connected with HDMI or scart? If with HDMI I would try scart instead and see will it show anything on the screen. You have to do the usual bit by selecting correct AV channel on your TV.

inc21 As I said in first post it won't pass the INIT stage so no display on screen using scart or HDMI lead, have tried both and left it powered on over night just in case it would update new fw. When USB is connected it just lights up for a second ,but will not load. Thanks guy's for your input, still think I will bin it.

inc21 As I said in first post it won't pass the INIT stage so no display on screen using scart or HDMI lead, have tried both and left it powered on over night just in case it would update new fw. When USB is connected it just lights up for a second ,but will not load. Thanks guy's for your input, still think I will bin it.

I understood you well. Was just shooting in the dark here, because HDMI on my box is acting funny a times. Also seen other machine (philips homebar) not showing picture on screen with HDMI until initial setup is done with scart.

They are new enough on the market you should still have warranty on it. Take it back to the shop unless you are made of money and can afford to throw it away :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭macwal

I found this thread whilst researching a problem with one of the Walker satellite receivers I have that is displaying the same "init" on the display when switched on.

I haven't seen the insides of a WP645TS-HD, but imagine they're very similar, similar (if not the same) chips and power supply. Does anyone have any photos of the WP645TS-HD?

When mine is connected to TV via SCART, the receiver outputs a blue screen (it's definitely the receiver, not the TV; the TV outputs a black screen when there is no device detected on the selected input). The USB drive flashes a few times, then stays lit, no changes after that.

There are a lot of test points on the mainboard, but without a service manual from Vestel or Walker, not much can be done in that regard.

JTAG information would be very helpful, but I doubt it would be forthcoming from Walker (if they have it available) or Vestel. Best we could hope for is for some experimenters to have done some work in that regard with some of the other re-branded equipment in other regions.

Real pain if these units are failing after a year or two. I still have a SL-65 bought 5+ years ago, and it still works great. I don't know how the WP645TS-HD firmwares are coming about, but I'm sure the expertise facilitating it would be knowledgeable in how to JTAG these boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

Another issue with the Walker WP645TS-HD (with V3.8)
    Why does the Saorview logo appear at the top of the screen in the EPG and Channel List for the SatFree (and FTA satellite) modes ?? (see attached pictures).
    It can cause brief confusion to some people not used to the receiver that it is in the mode to get the Saorview channels when it is not.
    Is it considered inappropriate use of the logo?
    Surely it makes sense that the Saorview logo should only appear on the EPG and channel list when the receiver is in Terrestrial mode?

Maybe a future update for these receivers should address this??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

macwal wrote: »
    I haven't seen the insides of a WP645TS-HD, but imagine they're very similar, similar (if not the same) chips and power supply. Does anyone have any photos of the WP645TS-HD?

Attached are a few pics of the inside of a Walker WP645TS-HD ..

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

hi there,

a quick question about this box; is it possible to record a satellite channel and saorview channel at the same time ?

thanks in advance

Dave..M wrote: »
    hi there,

a quick question about this box; is it possible to record a satellite channel and saorview channel at the same time ?

thanks in advance

No!

Depending on the FW you can record saorview and then watch sat or something you recorded earlyer.
    Or record sat and watch saorview or something you recorded earlyer.

No!

Depending on the FW you can record saorview and then watch sat or something you recorded earlyer.
    Or record sat and watch saorview or something you recorded earlyer.

ok, thanks for the reply

Dave..M wrote: »
    ok, thanks for the reply

No worries.
    fw 3.8 and free sat 7 day guide makes up for that though.

• Advertisement

No worries.
    fw 3.8 and free sat 7 day guide makes up for that though.

I was reading about that on here, I have an old wp75 (just sat tuner) as a secondary box and it has always had the satfree set up, very handy alright, but for some reason on those (or maybe just mine!) you need to do a full new install if you want to do a freesat rescan (which was a pain when BBC were doing all their freq changes). Hopefully the 64 does a freesat rescan with less ado!

Advertisement