Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toyota SCV valves

• 17-09-2019 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

I had the 2 SCV (red & green) valves on the fuel pump of a 2.0 D4D engine replaced in November 2017 and the problem has now started back again in the last week. Intermittent power loss, engine management light on etc etc.

I would have thought that these replacement Blueprint valves should have lasted longer that 2 years?

Is there any thing I can do to repair them? Change the o-rings on the valves maybe? Or have I to fork out again for new valves :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭FDave

There is an updated SCV which is a toyota only part so hard to find from other online retailers. It requires a remap which increases starting fuel pressure to work correctly.
    In the mean time give it a little throttle on start if its failing to start first time. A few pumps of the fuel filter primer will work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Have you had it plugged in?

Are you sure it’s the same fault again?

I’ve never replaced them a second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Czhornet

FDave wrote: »
    There is an updated SCV which is a toyota only part so hard to find from other online retailers. It requires a remap which increases starting fuel pressure to work correctly.
    In the mean time give it a little throttle on start if its failing to start first time. A few pumps of the fuel filter primer will work too.

How do you tell if that is the high and low pressure valve? The old ones were red and green to determine the difference between them.
    Never seen those before, i suppose mad money from a Toyota Dealer!!

Stoolbend wrote: »
    Have you had it plugged in?

Are you sure it’s the same fault again?

I’ve never replaced them a second time.

Same fault as before, still plugged in, showing up a fuel pump error on a diagnostics tool.

Looking the Blue Print info it mentions valve seat wear which is causing the issue, it this on the valve or in the fuel pump itself that the wear occurs?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Not so sure about the quality of Blue Print suction control valves as it is a Denso pump fitted to these fuel systems (not Toyota only as suggested in the above posts). The genuine Denso ones are available to buy and probably not a great deal of difference in price to the Blue Print ones:

https://www.des.ie/product/spare-parts-denso-096710-0120-096710-0130/

Also, there are internal components in these pumps which tend to give trouble causing cutting out/non start, but that would be a pump off job.

• Advertisement

cournioni wrote: »
    Also, there are internal components in these pumps which tend to give trouble causing cutting out/non start, but that would be a pump off job.

I heard that yesterday too, pump off means timing belt off, big enough job and costly too. Might get the valves checked first if i can get someone to test them, otherwise its for the scrap yard!!

Advertisement