Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Friday September 13

Options
  • 13-09-2019 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭

Papal Parade 340 Listowel back for its second run on flat after a change in trainer, based on form on flat couple seasons back, looks incredibly well treated even if 2 lbs out of handicap. Claimer mitigates that. 16/1. TMYPOTMYGB :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭YoungKhalifa

14:10 Doncaster Farzeen 9/2
    14:25 Chester Embolden 9/2
    15:20 Sandown Impatient 6/1
    15:45 Doncaster Seize The Time 28/1
    19:10 Salisbury Roving Mission 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

BumperD wrote: »
    Papal Parade 340 Listowel back for its second run on flat after a change in trainer, based on form on flat couple seasons back, looks incredibly well treated even if 2 lbs out of handicap. Claimer mitigates that. 16/1. TMYPOTMYGB :)

10s now. Bumper knew!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

They're getting stuck into Alligator Alley. I couldnt back a Crisford horse to walk out of its box, so makes sense!

Solar Gold 2.10 Donny my only bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Looks a really good bet. Trainer hasn't had a winner in 8 years though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Looks a really good bet. Trainer hasn't had a winner in 8 years though :eek:

Was as big as 25/1 last evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

2.25 Chester, Powertrain around 7/4. It won't be winning. I've layed is fairly big.

Some serious bets lined up and this is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    2.25 Chester, Powertrain around 7/4. It won't be winning. I've layed is fairly big.

Nailed it as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭BigStickMick

Unleash the serious bets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Unleash the serious bets

That was one of them. Seriously bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Unleash the serious bets

I am having a healthy slice on Siglo Six in Sandown, 3.55. It is a balls on the table bet. James Doyle is bypassing Donnie to go to Sandown for a few handicaps, he has ridden 2 winners for Hugo Palmer in the last few weeks. The horse won last time out , it could improve again, 11/2 is skimpy but I am having a lash. Hoping to get a weekend to Barcelona for Halloween, type of stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Jeez with Dee XBee gone, Barsanti seems a massive price at 25/1 EW. im very happy to take about 3/1 on him finishing 2nd here. Win price is about right but the place price looks mad to me.

I think the bookies coppped on there as now all the horses have reduced dramatically in price. 25/1 still stands as far as i can see

Couldnt be more wrong, but that was something else from Stradavarious there, and Frankie. Never panicked and then shot clear..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Blinkers_off

Literally beating the same hounds over n over, might as well not run the race and give bjorn the money

• Registered Users Posts: 16,375 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Literally beating the same hounds over n over, might as well not run the race and give bjorn the money
    Very harsh. Aidan alone must have fired about 2 dozen different bullets at this. I don't think they are all yaks.

Small bet on A Toi Phil in the 4:15 at 5/2. This is a step down in class for it, it has the ground, the trip. It's easily better than the bottom two horses in the betting and should be good enough on previous form to be favourite against the other two.

Cant have it, and i wasnt really firing a shot at him here anyway, just looking for place value.

To my eye that looks fairly special, the way the race worked out. FFS send him to a 1m4f race, id love to see what he could do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Tá a lán cailiní go h'alainn ar an teilfiís inniu. mmmm . go h'an a mhaith ar fad. Cailiní luimneach agus Ciarraí tá sí go deas agus cuplá Corcaigh agus gContae an Chlár. Tá sí go h'alainn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

That was heavily punted but seemed to not even join in today aaaahhh frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

That was heavily punted but seemed to not even join in today aaaahhh frustrating

Struggling around the bends

• Advertisement

Small bet on A Toi Phil in the 4:15 at 5/2. This is a step down in class for it, it has the ground, the trip. It's easily better than the bottom two horses in the betting and should be good enough on previous form to be favourite against the other two.
    Yeehaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

4.55 Doncaster, Maori Knight, around 9/4. Backed to win. And also layed the fav.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

4.55 Doncaster, Maori Knight, around 9/4. Backed to win. And also layed the fav.

Saw this too late

5:25 Silver Planeur for an interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Kings advice hardly got that race in the stewards room ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Please just put up potential winners. Your guaranteed lays nearly always seem to be winning. There’s genuine lads here who just want outright winners and the ‘guaranteed lays’ this won’t be winning ****e would throw lads off.

I’m all for new lads contributing to the forum in all sorts of ways but your making gambling seem like an easy thing from an outside perspective and it’s most definitely not that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

The Mig wrote: »
    Please just put up potential winners. Your guaranteed lays nearly always seem to be winning. There’s genuine lads here who just want outright winners and the ‘guaranteed lays’ this won’t be winning ****e would throw lads off.

I’m all for new lads contributing to the forum in all sorts of ways but your making gambling seem like an easy thing from an outside perspective and it’s most definitely not that!

I asked him (or her, or it) to stop that a while back. No luck.

No serious punter ever comes out with that tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭tinpib

I say keep posting SonofGoat, surely we want more posts here and not fewer. It's never going to be a terribly active forum, putting people off posting can't be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

tinpib wrote: »
    I say keep posting SonofGoat, surely we want more posts here and not fewer. It's never going to be a terribly active forum, putting people off posting can't be good.

Neither of the two of us asked him to stop posting.

But posting $hite like "No way this wins" is just silly. Especially when it goes and wins. Exact same for his 'winners'. "Cannot see this being beaten".

Why not just say "I really fancy this one's chances after a promising run lto over a shorter trip", or whatever. Just keep it real for Gawd sakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭tinpib

Itziger wrote: »
    Neither of the two of us asked him to stop posting.

But posting $hite
    like "No way this wins" is just silly. Especially when it goes and wins. Exact same for his 'winners'. "Cannot see this being beaten".

Why not just say "I really fancy this one's chances after a promising run lto over a shorter trip", or whatever. Just keep it real for Gawd sakes.

I'm not telling you to stop posting, but why not just say "but posting rubbish" and "God sake".

Advertisement