Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

• 09-05-2019 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

The other thread was closed for good reason. The percentage of Tesla Model 3 posts diminished the closer we got to actually being able to order the car.

Configuration tool opens up next week or the week after by all accounts. I'd be interested to see what people go for and then get the opinions of people who actually own the car post delivery...

Current SR+ (base) European pricing

Norway €37,520
    Switzerland €42,319
    France €42,600
    Germany €44,500
    Uk €45,193
    Luxemburg €46,200
    Austria €47,500
    Netherlands €47,800
    Belgium €47,800
    Italy €48,500
    Portugal €48,900
    Finland €49,200
    Sweden €49,288
    Denmark €49,413

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Interested in this car but don’t follow as much as you all would. Where do we know that configurator opens next/following week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Interested in this car but don’t follow as much as you all would. Where do we know that configurator opens next/following week

When it opens it will be on tesla.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,745 ✭✭✭✭unkel

kev22185 wrote: »
    I'd be interested to see what people go for

Cancelled my reservation when we got a dog (Model 3 is a saloon), but if I went for one, it would be either the base model or the SR+, both have Autopilot as standard. I would tick no option boxes.

Best mate (on the continent) got the LR AWD two months ago in midnight silver metallic (dark grey), haven't gone over to him to take it for a drive yet. Home charging would be a very expensive setup for him, he sometimes has work charging and where he is is the highest density supercharger and CCS charger network in the world (costing barely any more per kWh than home charging)

Sabre Man wrote: »
    When it opens it will be on tesla.com.

Really, I thought it would have been Volkswagen.ie :pac:

probably my poorly worded English but how do we know the configurator will be live on the Irish site in the next two weeks?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

..because folk who called into the Sandyford Tesla showroom have been told so

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    ..because folk who called into the Sandyford Tesla showroom have been told so

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,254 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The other thread was closed for good reason. The percentage of Tesla Model 3 posts diminished the closer we got to actually being able to order the car.

Configuration tool opens up next week or the week after by all accounts. I'd be interested to see what people go for and then get the opinions of people who actually own the car post delivery...

Current SR+ (base) European pricing

Norway €37,520
    Switzerland €42,319
    France €42,600
    Germany €44,500
    Uk €45,193
    Luxemburg €46,200
    Austria €47,500
    Netherlands €47,800
    Belgium €47,800
    Italy €48,500
    Portugal €48,900
    Finland €49,200
    Sweden €49,288
    Denmark €49,413

Is that cash price or pre grants etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Has there been confirmation of when RHD cars will actually be delivered to Ireland? Are there any RHD examples out there yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

ted1 wrote: »

Prices include tax, Grants and delivery fee (950e or so)
    Has there been confirmation of when RHD cars will actually be delivered to Ireland? Are there any RHD examples out there yet?

UK Configurator went live 1st May, deliveries in June. Would expect a similar time frame for Irish cars. Live mid May, delivery late June.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

ted1 wrote: »
    Those are all "on the road" prices
    No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

I'm a reservation holder since last summer. As much as I'd love the AWD LR, it's gonna be just too expensive for me, so I'll go for the SR+, standard wheels, black interior and (hopefully) red paint. My biggest disappointment about the SR+ is the lack of streaming, so I'm hoping they offer that as a subscription service later, as rumoured.

Streaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Reservation holder since 2016, Ioniq owner since 2018.

All depends on trade in value and finance, I would like to go AWD LR, blue with 19 inch wheels. Don't think I'd shell out for FSD. Black interior. If crappy financing options I'll cancel and get the 2020 Ioniq most likely

Streaming?

Spotify

Sabre Man wrote: »
    Spotify

But you can just do Bluetooth streaming from your phone, what's the advantage of having it built into the car?

But you can just do Bluetooth streaming from your phone, what's the advantage of having it built into the car?

On my Model S it's free and I can do a voice search.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Better level of control from the screen, searching music libraries etc. With bluetooth, you have to do all that through the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

Prices include tax, Grants and delivery fee (950e or so)

UK Configurator went live 1st May, deliveries in June. Would expect a similar time frame for Irish cars. Live mid May, delivery late June.

I’m also hoping we won’t be too far behind the UK for deliveries. They supposedly ship about 3,000 to 4,000 each go. Would there be more than 3,000 orders from the UK this early? I’m not sure, if not the Irish cars should be on the same ship as the UK cars. If all of first shipment does actually go to the UK alone we could be waiting a while until there are enough RHD orders to justify another RHD production run for Europe.

Will also be interesting to see how they handle the distribution, wonder will they continue to land the the cars in Zebrugge or will they land them in the UK. Then when they actually reach Irish shores I imagine it will be quite hard for the guys in Sandyford to handle dozens of deliveries in a single month.

Anyway, I plan on ordering a blue performance version with the white interior. Will also go for FSD even though I think it will be years before I actually get any benefit from it. Really hope the configurator opens soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Blue performance with white interior is what I'm hoping to get too, may have to go for the LR AWD instead though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

hatrack wrote: »
    I’m also hoping we won’t be too far behind the UK for deliveries. They supposedly ship about 3,000 to 4,000 each go. Would there be more than 3,000 orders from the UK this early? I’m not sure, if not the Irish cars should be on the same ship as the UK cars. If all of first shipment does actually go to the UK alone we could be waiting a while until there are enough RHD orders to justify another RHD production run for Europe.

Will also be interesting to see how they handle the distribution, wonder will they continue to land the the cars in Zebrugge or will they land them in the UK. Then when they actually reach Irish shores I imagine it will be quite hard for the guys in Sandyford to handle dozens of deliveries in a single month.

Anyway, I plan on ordering a blue performance version with the white interior. Will also go for FSD even though I think it will be years before I actually get any benefit from it. Really hope the configurator opens soon!

For the European shipments they filled the ship with inventory stock so folks were ordering on a Monday and getting on a Friday as their config was literally in stock

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Grand if you set it up before you drive. Otherwise you have to pull over every time you want to change song, search or alter the playlist.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

kceire wrote: »
    Grand if you set it up before you drive. Otherwise you have to pull over every time you want to change song, search or alter the playlist.

I ask google to play what I want on spotify, no navigating any menus.

Model 3 related EDIT. I'm very torn on getting a Model 3, it looks like it's going to be pretty expensive.

Auto Express review, 5 stars
    https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/tesla/model-3/100317/new-tesla-model-3-long-range-awd-2019-uk-review

The Model 3 is in a class of one at the moment, but that shouldn’t detract from Tesla’s achievement with its first ‘more affordable’ model. Yes, it’s still pricey, but it’s a car that drives brilliantly, looks great, seems to be built just as well as other cars at the price and is full of the most advanced tech. That all adds up to make it just about the coolest car you can buy right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

I’m in for a Model 3, or maybe the S.

I can’t see any car I’d prefer to own rather than a Tesla right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

Yep, and that’s a pain, and dangerous. It’s why I like an embedded solution in the car. Or CarPlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

Am I the only one who found the Model 3 to be very small? I really had to swing down to get in, and getting out was a pain as the roof was low and I had to haul myself up.

Lack of Android Auto is disappointing too, the Tesla nav system isn't in the same league as Google Maps or Waze.

Normal playback controls can be done through Bluetooth, I can do that with my 2012 car. Not the other stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭vicM

kuro68k wrote: »
    Am I the only one who found the Model 3 to be very small? I really had to swing down to get in, and getting out was a pain as the roof was low and I had to haul myself up.

Lack of Android Auto is disappointing too, the Tesla nav system isn't in the same league as Google Maps or Waze.

Thought tesla use Google maps embedded in their satnav, or is the model 3 different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

kuro68k wrote: »

I presume they see Google as a potential rival, especially with the amount of work Google has done on self driving tech.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement