Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal - Any off the beaten track shots worth getting too?

• 03-05-2019 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Just got notice that I can get to a shoot of Slieve League sunset tomorrow but I'll also now have Saturday free to go hunt for other stuff. I was thinking of doing the Sturral Ridge again but would love to get to somewhere new.

Anyone got any super secret locations to share?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Saylor Massive Underachiever

They wouldn't be secret if they shared them with you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Damn, hoist with my own pitard. Curses.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Not so secret but silver strand the other side of Slieve league Rathlin o byrne island round there a well anywhere on bloody foreland. Take the coast road through kilcar and carrick from killybegs lots of little roads and piers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The strand by Tormore

Awkward enough to get there though, bit of trekking involved - https://www.google.com/maps/@54.7629687,-8.6930805,16z

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Thanks all.
    Got some shots, got a lot of walking/climbing, got a load of driving. :) Also discovered when I got there someone had banged my 18-40 on the filter ring and damaged the threads so that I could not use any filters. All those nice long exposure shots I'd planned never happened. Luckily I was able to remove the UV filter when I got home with the aid of a couple of vice grips. Lesson of the day, UV filters can save lenses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement