Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golfing images ***Please NO quoting photos***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

denisoc16 wrote: »
    13th Adare?

And the winner is denisoc16 :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nicolas Colsaerts of Belgium on the tenth hole during the second round of the WGC HSBC Champions

00069d78-960.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Rory on the practice green yesterday (not me taking the shot unfortunately, a jammy mate)

practicegreen.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭jtown

This hole looks so familiar,cant put my finger on it.
    its actually driving me mad trying to think of it.......please put me out of my misery:)

Has to be 13th Dromoland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Just saw this on Facebook. The island on a November evening...

040570F1-C6BC-4C5D-931F-4E317DB90501-4716-0000028A3125213D.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭blockic

Mahon Golf Course earlier today in the lovely winter sunshine. Great day for it even though conditions are soft!

239314.jpg

239315.jpg

239316.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

Great shots of Mahon ! Your pics make the course look really good !!

Great shots of Mahon ! Your pics make the course look really good !!

Are you saying it is not good? ;)

It looked well yesterday in fairness considering the rain we have had!! It wouldn't be my first choice by any means but it's grand every now and then. Cheap and cheerful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Frost Delay

396EB5CD-93F0-4D28-8D35-B4F8F2CDD94D-6057-000003D7A01B7914_zps3469437b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

blockic wrote: »

It looked well yesterday in fairness considering the rain we have had!! It wouldn't be my first choice by any means but it's grand every now and then. Cheap and cheerful!!

It's not that cheap really is it? I mean you could play Lee Valley/Blarney for cheaper than the Mahon rate.

I like the course though, it prob has 1 too many Par 3's (especially seeing as there is 4 in a 6 hole stretch), but then I suppose that is the fun of the course!

• Advertisement

ssbob wrote: »
    It's not that cheap really is it? I mean you could play Lee Valley/Blarney for cheaper than the Mahon rate.

I like the course though, it prob has 1 too many Par 3's (especially seeing as there is 4 in a 6 hole stretch), but then I suppose that is the fun of the course!

I would only know weekend rates to be fair these days. But Lee Valley is way more expensive than Mahon. Talking 40 euro anyway no? Its been a while since i've played there. Blarney might be on par with it alright.

28 bucks for adult on Saturday in mahon (Although I got it for 14 as it was like 3pm when I got out, good value!)

I would only know weekend rates to be fair these days. But Lee Valley is way more expensive than Mahon. Talking 40 euro anyway no? Its been a while since i've played there. Blarney might be on par with it alright.

28 bucks for adult on Saturday in mahon (Although I got it for 14 as it was like 3pm when I got out, good value!)

Blarney is about €25 or €20 with a guest(mise), and Lee Valley varies from €25 to €40 depending on their mood.

Not saying its not good - but your photography skills seem very good ! Its a grand course - every now and then as you say. Like Ssbob I wouldn't call it cheap either though. Did you get the full round in after teeing off at 3pm ?

Not saying its not good - but your photography skills seem very good ! Its a grand course - every now and then as you say. Like Ssbob I wouldn't call it cheap either though. Did you get the full round in after teeing off at 3pm ?

Place was dead quiet. Only a couple of other groups around. Was myself and a Junior so we were not rushing too much. Got in 14 which was good enough going.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lowry%20club%20pic.jpg

Some bend in that shaft!!!

(Apparently it was taken from an iphone that distorted the picture)
    Picture taken from @IrishGolfDesk

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Iangolf

Here are couple of photos from the most dangerous round of golf I have ever played, Ridiculous hills and a buggy that goes from 0-40 in about 3 seconds. Great views though..

241989.jpg

241988.jpg

Some pics from Ballybunion

Name the hole Photo 2.JPG

jtown wrote: »

Tralee anyway but not sure what hole

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭plumber77

Yep Tralee alright. 8th hole. I should know, hit a couple of tee shots there. Unfortunately it was during the same round :(

• Advertisement

plumber77 wrote: »
    Yep Tralee alright. 8th hole. I should know, hit a couple of tee shots there. Unfortunately it was during the same round :(

Well done Plumber77... 8th in Tralee, was there on Tuesday.. was heaven there. No wind and sun shining.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭plumber77

Serious views all round that course. Love the run in from 11 onwards. Have only played it once but hoping to get out in the scratch cup this year. Must have been quiet tuesday which really gives you time to take it all in. were all the holes open, 10 was closed when I was there just before xmas.

plumber77 wrote: »
    Serious views all round that course. Love the run in from 11 onwards. Have only played it once but hoping to get out in the scratch cup this year. Must have been quiet tuesday which really gives you time to take it all in. were all the holes open, 10 was closed when I was there just before xmas.

Ya was lovely and quiet - had the place to ourselves, was worth the A/L day from work. Yes 10th was closed so played the 1st twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

jtown wrote: »

What is that yoke in the background Jtown? Near the 3rd green maybe? Just to the right of the tower.

Is is protection for the green for the winter maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Lowry%20club%20pic.jpg

Some bend in that shaft!!!

(Apparently it was taken from an iphone that distorted the picture)
    Picture taken from @IrishGolfDesk

Amazed at how close the shadows of the gallery are to his ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Amazed at how close the shadows of the gallery are to his ball.

Or the tour bag 20 yards up ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Or the tour bag 20 yards up ahead

I noticed that as well.

You're only asking for a 'jog of shame' for a second ball by leaving your bag there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

I understand some of you are visiting this course over the weekend.
    I'm originally a Tullamore man so I can guarantee you a treat.

Esker Hills 4th Hole, short but deadly Par 4
    4786467153_27fbf19584_z.jpg

I once bet 3 visitors on the tee box that not one of them would do better than a 6 without even knowing their handicaps.
    They all took me up for a tenner & I had 30 quid walking onto the next tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,740 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    I understand some of you are visiting this course over the weekend.
    I'm originally a Tullamore man so I can guarantee you a treat.

Esker Hills 4th Hole, short but deadly Par 4
    4786467153_27fbf19584_z.jpg

I once bet 3 visitors on the tee box that not one of them would do better than a 6 without even knowing their handicaps.
    They all took me up for a tenner & I had 30 quid walking onto the next tee.
    How do you play it (lol)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

How do you play it (lol)

esker-hills-2t.jpg

Your front tee box is adjacent to that small lake bottom right, you can make out in the photo.
    The hole flows from right to left along the bottom of the photo.
    See where the cart path snakes in an s halfway along the fairway, that's your landing zone.
    This is a u-shaped valley where they cut out the esker, it's not wide so I used hit a 3-wood if playing off the front sticks, always favour the left.

If you manage that you'll be left with this view below.
    Probably something like a 7 or 8-iron but DON'T be short.
    You're lucky the greens won't be running full speed this time of year cause it can almost be a lottery in summertime, you can sense the slope even from the photo.
    I've seen guys slide 8 foot birdie putts just past & end up near that front bunker.
    Best of luck.;)
    esker-hills-5.5.jpg

Advertisement