Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Random Waffle Thread

• 13-03-2008 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Lately it has been said that there is not enough interest in the carlow board and that some sort of live needs to be brought back into the board. This although hurtful to carlow inhabitants is a very valid point. Our forum is used enough and we really do need to bump up the number of posters on this forum and show certain other counties in the couth east that we can compete with the "BIG BOYS":D *(patrick knows what i mean by this)

So my input into the idea is to make the forum a bit "looser" and more Enjoyable. My input being this thread. Maybe we could use it to talk about anything at all, no guidelines, usual rules just post on whatever topic you want. Might be a chance for carlow people to get to know each other better outside the debates on current events with regard to the county. Maybe no-one or the mods will see this as an asset to the board but it's worth a shot. As a poster in the soccer forums they have recently started such a thread and it seems to be working a treat as distractions usually do.So use it at you're will and SULLY/DUB13 feel free to make the moderations to it as you deem fit or pm me regarding the matter. Lets see how it goes!

Nothing else to say exept who wants to be the first post???:D

Edit : Please also note that there is a count on the Thread too....As in like if you agree with someone instead of having to post a big long complicate reply just say "+1" or if you disagree "-1" or "-100" dependant of what your views may be...:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Pst count ++

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭patrickc

not a bad idea at all stick-dan.

well I'll start with saying was out last night and have no hangover, ventured to the med and browns bar, both were empty enough, but a few in them that you can move and hear your mates

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Pst count ++
    Yeah like we will have to incorporate that count factor in too, I overlooked that. Consider it added to topic. +1 / -1 Counts.
    Hope this works out well.

not a bad idea at all stick-dan.

well I'll start with saying was out last night and have no hangover, ventured to the med and browns bar, both were empty enough, but a few in them that you can move and hear your mates

Thanks patrick!Nice to have some of the more seasoned professionals on the carlow forum say not a bad idea to ya.

My contribution, Browns kewl!:D

stick-dan wrote: »
    Yeah like we will have to incorporate that count factor in too, I overlooked that. Consider it added to topic. +1 / -1 Counts.
    Hope this works out well.

Thanks patrick!Nice to have some of the more seasoned professionals on the carlow forum say not a bad idea to ya.

My contribution, Browns kewl!:D

no problem stick
    yeh all good when theres pints flowing

for my next waffle, we need a burger king in carlow

patrickc wrote: »
    no problem stick
    yeh all good when theres pints flowing

for my next waffle, we need a burger king in carlow

+1

i definitely agree to that...

Lads let me tell you of a special place where the burgers stand 6 inches tall, the fries are to die for, the milkshakes are litres not small glasses..This my friends is not a dream. I dare not lie to you...Such a place with unbelievable food exists..I CALL IT EDDIE ROCKETS...

I go to it lately down in waterford, that's what we need in carlow, And the uniforms ain't half bad either;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just a reminder, the forum charter and Boards.ie rules still apply to this thread. :) Kinda got the impression it wasnt from the first post, but I probably read it wrong :p

Waffle away! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Lads let me tell you of a special place where the burgers stand 6 inches tall, the fries are to die for, the milkshakes are litres not small glasses..This my friends is not a dream. I dare not lie to you...Such a place with unbelievable food exists..I CALL IT EDDIE ROCKETS...

I go to it lately down in waterford, that's what we need in carlow, And the uniforms ain't half bad either;)

Eddie Rockets is well over priced and the food isnt that great. Some of the portions is nice, and its better then McDonalds but jaysus its hardly the god of take-aways :P

Edit : Please also note that there is a count on the Thread too....As in like if you agree with someone instead of having to post a big long complicate reply just say "+1" or if you disagree "-1" or "-100" dependant of what your views may be...:D

Can people still respond? Seems a bit like postcount++; to me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

would you guys ever eat in the road house? not very unlike eddie's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

bring back the little owl i say! roadhouse +1 its miles ahead of McCardboards or SuperSmacks

• Advertisement

ShayK1 wrote: »
    would you guys ever eat in the road house? not very unlike eddie's

it's ok, pricey for what you get
    foggy_lad wrote: »
    bring back the little owl i say! roadhouse +1 its miles ahead of McCardboards or SuperSmacks

as in the pub? i worked there for long enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

OH defo bring back the owl and Zeds bar with the pool tables many a day spent in there during college.

For chippers you can't really beat the golden grill or fast eddies :)... mmmmmm making myself hungry here now ....:eek:

tommycahir wrote: »
    OH defo bring back the owl and Zeds bar with the pool tables many a day spent in there during college.

For chippers you can't really beat the golden grill or fast eddies :)... mmmmmm making myself hungry here now ....:eek:

I might know ya tommy so, since i worked there for a good while.. what were your drinking years there?

was around the owl and Zeds from 2002 - 2004. usually bout 10 of us were in there and getting our asses whipped on the pool table by some random school kid that just "happened" to have his own pool queue with him! :o

was around the owl and Zeds from 2002 - 2004. usually bout 10 of us were in there and getting our asses whipped on the pool table by some random school kid that just "happened" to have his own pool queue with him! :o

id know you to see so, and i know that kid well too.. i worked there from 01-03 till it was closed and bill moved on.

Sully wrote: »
    Just a reminder, the forum charter and Boards.ie rules still apply to this thread. :) Kinda got the impression it wasnt from the first post, but I probably read it wrong :p

Waffle away! :)

If you were to read the first post you are dead right you read it wrong :)

i clearly say above, "usual rules apply" and the post count was from another member. If my wording is incorrect please advise me appropriately ;)

was around the owl and Zeds from 2002 - 2004.
    patrickc wrote: »
    i worked there from 01-03 till it was closed and bill moved on.

How does that work? tommy, were you still drinking there after it closed down?

mmmm what i actually meant was that i only started drinking there for last few years while i was in collage, which would have been 2002-2004.

For some reason i remember being in there at xmas 2003 [Dec 18th I think it was] after a graphics programming exam for the day?

sure it was closed in 2003?

me personally.... Not idea when it closed. I was only ever in there once or twice but I'd expect patrick to know since he worked there .... lets see what he says

indeed.. maybe it has been all the drinking during collage has made my memories slightly distorted! :S

Did anybody else notice that most the threads in this forum tend to degenerate into the food or drink conversations or where to have food or drink! :S

• Advertisement

HHMmmm I hadn't noticed that... maybe us carlovians are all fat alcoholics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

indeed.. maybe it has been all the drinking during collage has made my memories slightly distorted! :S

Did anybody else notice that most the threads in this forum tend to degenerate into the food or drink conversations or where to have food or drink! :S
    It's Carlow, what else is there to do in the place :D

I remember that kid you were talking about in Zeds, he was in there a good bit. I remember being in there with a crowd of lads in college and the little fecker beat about 7 lads in a row before one of the boys narrowly beat him.

mmmm what i actually meant was that i only started drinking there for last few years while i was in collage, which would have been 2002-2004.

For some reason i remember being in there at xmas 2003 [Dec 18th I think it was] after a graphics programming exam for the day?

sure it was closed in 2003?
    me personally.... Not idea when it closed. I was only ever in there once or twice but I'd expect patrick to know since he worked there .... lets see what he says

well i started there in october 2001, and worked there for 2 years, it was still open when i left but closed soon after so was possibly early 04 it closed.

HHMmmm I hadn't noticed that... maybe us carlovians are all fat alcoholics?

thats why i live in the bar...

btw anyone here support liverpool..

arsenal all the way

What ya think of the draw for the champo league???

Man Utd for me!!!

This could get a heated thread lol :P

• Advertisement

What ya think of the draw for the champo league???

us and barca in the final again,

Advertisement