Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Departed pets;

• 30-04-2006 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Having read a post of how upsetting it is to loose a pet I decided to start a thread or a " In loving memory" thread if you like for our departed animal friends. I'll get the ball rolling with a picture of my Cocker Spaniel who died 2 years ago when she was only 3 years old. Even though I have another one just like her now I know I will never forget her. RIP puppy.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

ok we lost our dog last year, tara, was cross between a labrador and a springer (we think) she was 13 RIP , and our cat only last month, lady she was 17.. the house is totally lifeless with out these two members of the family. RIP both of them

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Coca was only ten months old and I'm not exaggerating when I say she was the best thing in my life. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect girl; she was my best friend and made me laugh every single day. I miss her so much..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

Three months ago we lost our doggy bubbles. he was a king charles.
    he was so playful and happy untill a neighbours child let him into her garden to play. the child forgot to put bubbles back and ya he ran onto the road and was hit by a 4x4. he had no chance poor little bubbles.
    ill never forget coming home that eveing so looking forward to seeing bubbles and going for our evening stroll only to be met by a weeping child, apologetic neighbour and my BF looking very pale. my whole world fell apart on hearing the devasting news.
    BUBBLES MY BUBBLES...DEAD.:(

my irreplacable bubbles.

oh how i miss him dearly.

eventhough i own and love my boxers and my yorkies dearly not a day goes by when i dont cast a thought to Bubbles. i sometimes imagine how happy he would have been playing in the field with the others.
    i cant even contemplate ever getting another king charles, i believe the circumstances of his death made it harder to accept.
    some may laugh but only a true animal lover would understand.

i will post pics if i can.

"Dead but never forgotten..."

RIP MY PRECIOUS BUBBLES.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXX..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I had a parrot die on me about 8 years back, it was heartbreaking I still think about him fairly regularly .....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

here sid who died this morning,he greets me everytime comming home from work wit other two dogs,only this morning after chaseing others,ran uder my jeep as l was parking and l felt him and then heard him,will never forget his cry,just buried him in garden,sid was my shadow,but not anymore,pretty much gutted
    when l came home from work and when to bed,he sleepwith us sometimes,may be sunny ,but thats it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

This is my doberman 'Jacko'. Even though it is 10 years since we had to put him down due to cancer we still remember him.

He looked scarey and hated the postman but in reality he was just a big baby.

Pity he did not live more than 8 years but at least he had a happy life. You might see his teeth marks on this pic as he (always wanting to play) grabbed it out of my hand when I showed it to him. :(

bklis.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Here is a pic of my little rescued Chihuahua Taz, who sadly passed away last Jan.... we still miss him so much, he was such a lovable little rogue! I've had Chihuahuas all my life and it never gets any easier saying goodbye when they sadly leave us (on a positive note Chihuahuas live very long, we had one, Nicki, who was 18 when she died! The smaller the dog the longer the life)... I hope Zoe's owners are doing well, that post this morning prompted me to post here. Don't let these sad times put you off getting another dog, there are plenty of doggies out there that need good owners and good homes like yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

This is a good thread.I know how you all feel.

See also : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51814936&postcount=1

We still have Zoe's mother Hayley and a big stuborn but loveable Basset Hound called Molly to look after.The 3 of them often slept together in the one basket and Zoe died snuggled between the other two.

Bye Zoe..rest well..I miss you girl....'dirty pus'....'my little bundle of rags'....ZoZo...

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

We took in a cat that had been hanging around our house since December of '04. Got her spayed and gave her everything she need, she became the house pet and everyone loved to have her around (even my Mam let her stay in the house by the fire when she wanted!:)).
    She had 4 kittens (3 of which we gave away to some neighbours who wanted them). We kept one black and white kitten and "Mammy" as we called the mother cat. It broke my heart as I left for a new life in America but my parents told me they would look after them which they did until I heard that Mammy had been hit by a car a few months ago also a few days later the black and white one, named Jacks was also led astray. My Dad found her up the garden one day and she must have struggled up there. Its not easy. :( I currently have little Milse here in the US and she is a great comfort to me as I'm working and studying from home, I would be lost without her when my wife is at work.
    Pics below of Mammy cat and Jacks (mostly black), they are very much missed.

04112211mqu5.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Heres my Sam who died 2 weeks ago from kidney failure due to an incompetant Vet who hadnt a clue and didnt spot that he had diabetes--when we went for a secon opinion the second vet couldnt save him and told us that if we had got to him a week earlier he would still be with us now.
    It was like a family member died and I still cant get over his death.Im just waiting on his ashes to come back so that I can scatter them in his favourite place where I walked him.

http://members.boards.ie/hellrazer/Pict0003.JPG

Part of this thread :http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106754&referrerid=59211&highlight=pet+pic

Posted 4 years ago.

R.I.P Laika 1995-2006.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

so sad reading and looking at those pics, made me cry. Have had so many pet through out my lifemiss them so much. Still have poics of them up on my walls. Sultan, Rascal and Pebbles miss you so much xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Heart_N_Soul

HI Guys,
    I lost my beloved cat last week, Bonnie. She was hit by a car and im heartbroken.
    She had been missing for 5 days and I had put her picture up on the ISPCA website to see if anyone had seen her, she used to often go roaming for 3 or 4 days but always came back.
    I asked a neighbour who walks his dogs if he had seen her, he told me he had seen a grey & white cat up the road dead, hit by a car. He told me she had been on the road for about 4 days but had started decomposing and started to smell so the council took the body away. He was like "oh compe up and ill show you where she was, her fur is still all over the road and there is a big pool of blood" How could anyone be so cold and say that to me.
    The way he said it was really hurtful, Im devestated. It will take me a long time to get over it.
    Bonnie used to sleep in the bed with me, and if I was asleep and she wanted cudldles she would tap me on the face with her paw. She also used to lick my mascara off my eyelashes when I was asleep if I had been out!!! I used to freak out!!! She was such an affectionate and loving cat... my angel.
    Ill never forget her...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

What a pity - still he had a long life. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Awwwwh what a beautiful pic of Bruce, I hope you are all holding up well... what a fantastic age for a setter? I hope you have tons and tons of happy memories to keep you going over the difficult weeks ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,488 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Chuchu wrote:
    Awwwwh what a beautiful pic of Bruce, I hope you are all holding up well... what a fantastic age for a setter? I hope you have tons and tons of happy memories to keep you going over the difficult weeks ahead.

Thanks for the kind comments.
    I buried him in a nice spot in the garden on Tuesday,some job digging the hole for him,took 3 men ,over 3 hours.
    Major sense of sadness hanging over the whole family this week but he did live a very long and happy life and I have so many great memories of him that softens the blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Dinxminx wrote:
    Coca was only ten months old and I'm not exaggerating when I say she was the best thing in my life. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect girl; she was my best friend and made me laugh every single day. I miss her so much..

Crikey this thread is so sad. Reminds me of the two boxers we have had to bury. Coca Bean looks adorable Dinxminx. Poor Coca :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

I don't have a picture but my friends dog was killed the other day. She was the most hyper little thing. Jumping around like a lunitic. Her name was Opel. They found her on the road, she had been run over.
    RIP Opel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Harry, aka Haz
    Quite possibly the coolest dog ever to live. He's been a great pal to me, and everybody in my family over the past 11 years.
    His appetite disappeared recently and his breathing became strained, my parents checked him out and noticed that some lumps had appeared around his throat. The vet diagnosed them as cancerous growths, which were rapidly spreading throughout his body. He was laid to rest earlier today.
    Glad that I had a chance to go home yesterday and visit him for one last time:(

RIP Haz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Lost my dog Snoopy two years ago in November. On the Friday of the Halloween weekend he suddenly slowed down dramatically, seemed tired the whole time and wouldn't eat. We just thought he was a little shook up over the fireworks and just tried to comfort him as much as possible.

It didn't improve on the Saturday and on the Sunday he got a lot worse. He just sat still, wouldn't budge no matter how hard we tried to get him on his feet again so we brought him straight up to vet who told us he was extremely sick.
    There was no improvement on the Monday, but on the Tuesday the vet rang us to say he was back on his feet and eating, wagging his tail and generally seemed to be making a great recovery. The vet said he'd keep him in for another day or so just to monitor him and that we'd have him back then.

On the wednesday, he got a lot worse again. Wouldn't eat, completely lethargic once again so the vet said he'd have to hold onto him for another few days.
    On the Thursday morning the vet called to say he'd passed early in the morning :( I can't remember the specific cause of the death, though the vet said it was possible he'd been poisoned (and we'd had a spout of break in attempts around the time).

Was a massive loss to the family, had grown up with him and the day he died I felt a pain I'd never felt before. Was a great dog and a great friend, he's gone but will never be forgotten.

image002tu5.th.jpg
    Snoopy pre-haircut.
    snoopyvp4.th.jpg
    After haircut :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭mysteria

Well I've a long list of pets in the Spirit world so cats:
    Nomi, black male,
    Haema, black, female,
    Zore, grey/white fluffy female kitten.
    Hermes the Burmese

Birds: Ronaldo, Regent Parrot.
    Lovejoy Pearl Cockatiel
    Ziggy Lutino cockatiel
    Lucifer grey cockatiel
    Loki Hahns macaw.

And in case the worst has happened and he's dead, the love of my life
    Rocco, Umbrella cockatoo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pinkStorm

I miss storm so much, he was a samoyed. having been scared of dogs for 25 years i got him as a pup and he stole my heart. He was kncoked down aged 1 a few months..we didn't have him long enough..
    he was a super dog..so friendly, so gentle with children..seemed to udnerstand everything. He was also 90% blind since birth but you'd never have known this..he was very special an di miss him alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

My uncle just texted me that my Grandad's dog Prince whom we've had in our family since he was a few weeks old in July 1992 has just passed away. He was very old and bet and my uncle had done everything to make his life better. He had to get him put down earlier this morning. He was a cocker spaniel and the pet of the whole family. RIP Prince xx :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 squealer_m

Angel died in May when she was hit by a car. She left her twin, Tiger behind, as well as many broken hearts.
    She had one of the sweetest personalities in a cat I have ever encountered, but also a devil side, she was playful and curious.
    She is particularly missed by my Mother and my sister, who is 9.

It makes me sad that we couldn't protect her better, and that she was only with us for a short time, we got her last October.
    :(
    She was such a happy playful little thing. :(
    :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,621 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

My ginger cat went missing three weeks ago. i presume he is dead. He had an active nightlife and one night he did not come home. I suspect he got run over by a car. however, worst was to follow; i got a kitten(a few days ago) and he was killed by a neighbour's dog.
    Their dogs are out of control they run after cars and are not properly looked after and also are allowed to roam free. Damn it.... If you are going to keep a dog do it responsibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

No offence intended but you need to look after cats too you know.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,621 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Well, i thought someone might say this. I don't take any offence as the cats living conditions were not under my control. The rules are cats live outside and they would not let me have the kitten inside the house or in our basement despite my protestations.
    Needless to say they have learnt their lesson the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

A couple of years ago we found a black lab on the green in front of our house.
    No-one was paying any attention to him and he looked to be limping badly. On closer inspection we seen that he was having a lot of trouble walking properly and feared he was hit with a car. He had no ID etc.
    It was a Bank Holiday weekend and we decided to take him in for the weekend. We have two dogs ourselves and while the little mongrel was pi$$ed at us, the GSD was delighted with the playmate!

Anywho. We fed him and kept him indoors over the weekend while we decided what to do with him. Rang the ISPCA and our Vet for advice. The Vet agreed to see him on Tuesday. On sunday evening I heard him barking in the garage and went in to see what was up. He was facing away from the door and didn't respond when I came in. Only when I went to face him did he respond! The poor moggie was deaf as a post. It was very upsetting.

Brought him to the Vet on Tuesday to see could they help us. The vet rang my wife later that morning and looked for permission to put him to sleep. My wife got very upset because it wasn't her dog and she felt she had no right to decide his fate. Turns out the dog was very very old and had been tossed out by some heartless ba$tard. His chances of being re-homed were nil and having two dogs in an estate ourselves we realised we couldn't keep him.

Anyway. We called him "Lucky" and hopefully he had two good days with us before the end. Even though he was ours both my wife and I were extremely upset about him.

RIP.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Weeshie

A few months back, I posted about my adorable boxer Lucy (my baby) who had developed a terrible skin condition - some sort of allergy that baffled two vets. In spite of all our efforts - tablets, shampoos, special diet, you name it - poor Lucy passed away yesterday morning. She had developed pneumonia a few days ago, probably because her entire system was weakened from 18 months of medication. Poor Lucy - she was only 2, we loved her dearly and our hearts are broken. She was such a special friend - so gentle, so funny, so playful, so loyal. All the kids loved her, maybe because Lucy didn't understand she was a dog. Whenever she heard the kids outside, Lucy wanted out too, to play aswell - running alongside as the kids cycled their bikes, and doing her very best to ride a skateboard. Lucy was so full of fun, one would never think she was sick a day in her life.

I thought I was all cried out last night, but I'm just as bad today. I had to say my final goodbye this morning, coz when I get home, Lucy will have been laid to rest. Our Lucy. So many happy memories, but she was taken from us too soon - we still had loadsa more stuff to do. Rest easy my love - you'll always be in our hearts. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I am so sorry to hear that :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Over the summer, my gf had a pitbull put to sleep, a hound dog die [think her leg wound opened and got infected; along with the tick that got her aswell..] and her baby flying squirrell eaten by a snake. :(

Advertisement