Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Planet Rock went behind the scenes at Metallica's gig in Paris recently.

https://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/metallica-worldwired-tour-in-numbers-statistics/

Kind of goes someway to explaining the ticket price anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It ties into something I quoted from a Rolling Stone article in my recently finished thesis.
    The crowds are expecting something pretty big. So that pushes the artist to think about touring in a more challenging way.

And we're definitely getting something big, with all the bells and whistles included.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I'd say insurance is also seriously driving up ticket prices also

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Id prefer to listen to Shout on repeat than James Hetfield telling us he’s a table.

Tables are extremely useful pieces of furniture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

Bought my tickets for the Twickenham show. Been over 10 years since I saw them. Can't wait!

• Advertisement

p345jbwmy8131.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Any tickets left because I don't want to buy any?

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Any tickets left because I don't want to buy any?

This makes no sense whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This makes no sense whatsoever

He's mad for it but totally unsure of what "it" is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

It's getting close lads and i can't fcuking wait....Going to be epic:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    p345jbwmy8131.png

As a guitarist I can tell you that there's no such thing as too much wah.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Rumour going around on t he metclub forum that Lars will be in Fibbers night before Slane for the irish release of 'Enter Night' pilsner. Wouldn't surprise me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

scudzilla wrote: »
    Rumour going around on t he metclub forum that Lars will be in Fibbers night before Slane for the irish release of 'Enter Night' pilsner. Wouldn't surprise me

Fibbers have been selling Enter Night for a while now though

Load was released 23 years ago yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Load was released 23 years ago yesterday.

Fcuking hell, I'm getting old

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Fcuking hell, I'm getting old

You're still younger than me :)

Heard something mind blowing from dave Ellifson... After rust in piece him and mustaine were depending on daves Metallica income...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Heard something mind blowing from dave Ellifson... After rust in piece him and mustaine were depending on daves Metallica income...

Interesting to hear that, any link?

I think someone from here went to see them in Europe a few weeks ago, any idea on prices for the gig specific posters?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I think someone from here went to see them in Europe a few weeks ago, any idea on prices for the gig specific posters?

Pretty sure they were €30 when I seen them in Barcelona Scud,should be a standard price for the European leg,UK aside.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Pretty sure they were €30 when I seen them in Barcelona Scud,should be a standard price for the European leg,UK aside.

€30 barca, that's €60 here then 😂😂

You coming Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Wonder what ticket sales are like for this. RTÉ and the likes claiming 75,000 sold but theres still a heavy push on advertising so i can't see that being the case!

€30 barca, that's €60 here then 😂😂

You coming Saturday?

I am. Originally I wasn't, couldn't be dealing with the hassle of Slane which is why I went to Barcelona to see them but I've been offered a freebie via Slane whiskey with transportation thrown in so I'm gonna go.

It's a fantastic set up on this tour,I'm normally not a big fan of outdoor shows these days but it's a great production and I couldn't really complain about the set list either,it had a decent mix and I've seen them in Glasgow a year and a half ago and heard most of Hardwired... Live and still managed to get revenge in Barcelona so I'm very happy.

I know it's led to a lot of speculation bit I reckon we'll get a one two punch of Hardwired and Whiskey to open,get the place hopping. Hardwired and Memory done the job in Barcelona and really got the crowd into it from the start. Pity it's a relatively early start,there's a good bit of pyro that won't be quite as effective in daylight.

I am. Originally I wasn't, couldn't be dealing with the hassle of Slane which is why I went to Barcelona to see them but I've been offered a freebie via Slane whiskey with transportation thrown in so I'm gonna go.

It's a fantastic set up on this tour,I'm normally not a big fan of outdoor shows these days but it's a great production and I couldn't really complain about the set list either,it had a decent mix and I've seen them in Glasgow a year and a half ago and heard most of Hardwired... Live and still managed to get revenge in Barcelona so I'm very happy.

I know it's led to a lot of speculation bit I reckon we'll get a one two punch of Hardwired and Whiskey to open,get the place hopping. Hardwired and Memory done the job in Barcelona and really got the crowd into it from the start. Pity it's a relatively early start,there's a good bit of pyro that won't be quite as effective in daylight.

How long did they play for in Barcelona?

How long did they play for in Barcelona?

Started at exactly 21.20 and finished at 23.40 iirc.

Started at exactly 21.20 and finished at 23.40 iirc.

Great to know.

Wonder what ticket sales are like for this. RTÉ and the likes claiming 75,000 sold but theres still a heavy push on advertising so i can't see that being the case!

They've sold over 1mil tickets it's officially the biggest slane ever and will be close to the Russian monsters of rock and the pope John paul visit.

• Advertisement

They've sold over 1mil tickets it's officially the biggest slane ever and will be close to the Russian monsters of rock and the pope John paul visit.

Hardly 1m tickets for Slane lol??

Advertisement