Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freelance readers

• 28-02-2019 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭ Agustin Wet Bankroll

Does anyone know how to go about applying for these jobs. I know some publishing companies have external readers who give submissions a first look before recommending if they should be taken any further.

I have a literary background but don't know anyone in publishing well enough to make a direct approach, so would appreciate some advice. Are these jobs normally advertised, or would an enquiry by email be the best way to go?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Does anyone know how to go about applying for these jobs. I know some publishing companies have external readers who give submissions a first look before recommending if they should be taken any further.

I have a literary background but don't know anyone in publishing well enough to make a direct approach, so would appreciate some advice. Are these jobs normally advertised, or would an enquiry by email be the best way to go?

Hm, I don't know. You could try asking Vanessa O'Loughlin on writing.ie. I'd say you could tweet her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭ Agustin Wet Bankroll

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Hm, I don't know. You could try asking Vanessa O'Loughlin on writing.ie. I'd say you could tweet her.

Thanks for that.

Advertisement