Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excercise - Thereabands

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Ibrahim Green Clothespin

Somebody just shoot me if I get to that stage.

🏃

🧘

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Form an orderly queue there folks!

Those bands are no big mystery, they are stretchy bands in different colours that represent different resistence levels. Physios use them for all age group exercises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Yes indeed. A few years ago I suffered an injury to my shoulder and couldn't move it or my arm without pain. My physio gave me exercises to do with one of those bands, I didn't know what it was called but by golly it fixed my shoulder in just a couple of weeks of exercises.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I use one regularly as part of my warmup and stretch routine before archery.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

I can see them for physio and even as a stretching warm up but the poor divil in the video looked like it was all he could do to lift his toes off the ground while sitting.

Any resistance aid is good in exercise though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

cheers lads, anyone know what colours would be more suitable for a elder lemon like me:(

danjo-xx wrote: »
    cheers lads, anyone know what colours would be more suitable for a elder lemon like me:(

Lemon? :)

danjo-xx wrote: »

Lots of elder lemons in here danjo-xx but really, if that's all that's worrying you, then I'd recommend getting one to match your eyes. My band is blue by the way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭ingalway

Each colour has a different resistence level:
    https://goo.gl/images/MEdzdu

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

ingalway wrote: »

cheers that's just what the doctor ordered:D

have a good one lads:)

• Advertisement

ingalway wrote: »

Really? My physio never mentioned that. You learn something every day. I thought danjo-xx was pulling my leg! Sorry danjo-xx.

Advertisement