Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fixed wheel covers. Wtf?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Pique wrote: »

:pac::pac::pac:
    Oh Jesus !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

F1 cars ran with fixed outer covers for a while. You get used to it. Those ones above look mad but would go down well with a certain type of driver.
    Not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

God that's a bad icy patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

How do these work? I assume they are some ilk of those spinner wheels the rappers used years ago? Some sort or weighted bearing system or something:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

The way a lot of people drive here, they're not going to last long, the number of scuffed alloys out there, something like this will be destroyed.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

mickdw wrote: »
    F1 cars ran with fixed outer covers for a while. You get used to it.

No they were horrible too and ruined the look of that title winning BrawnGP car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I saw of few of these in the USA as few years back. Often they spin a little, those ones in the vid are dead steady somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

RR had subtle ones on their cars to keep the emblem oriented correctly.
    That was fine. This takes it beyond into the ridiculous.

Not helped by lurid paint scheme and stupidly oversized wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Pique wrote: »
    No they were horrible too and ruined the look of that title winning BrawnGP car.

Most of the grid ran them and while i never said i liked them, they became invisible after a few races. Brawn chose to paint them yellowish which was never going to be a good look for wheels. Better without for sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement