Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ledwill Park

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭g3l8usd9inoptz

When the house is fully finished a second valuation will have to be carried out for the bank.

Best thing to do is to contact glenveagh directly with regard to completion dates. I'm gonna send an email to them asking.
    AndreaSoly wrote: »
    We spoke to the builder today and he said our house ( row 26-37The Rise) is expected to be complete within 2 months. I was really happy to hear that, but after reading the posts from today I don't know anymore how accurate is this information and if I can trust for him😕
    Someone mentioned the valuation. Is this somethimg that has to be done now and once again when the house is completed? I thought we can get it sorted after completion.

Went again today to look at the houses.

They told me July/August with regard to being ready.

The ventilation system may actually be a passive ventilation system and not a demand control one. I'm going to sync with Glenveagh tomorrow and find out for sure.

No estate maintenance fees also which is good news.

What did people think of the side gates as a matter of interest?.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭airportgirl83

Went again today to look at the houses.

They told me July/August with regard to being ready.

The ventilation system may actually be a passive ventilation system and not a demand control one. I'm going to sync with Glenveagh tomorrow and find out for sure.

No estate maintenance fees also which is good news.

What did people think of the side gates as a matter of interest?.

Do you mean the lack of side gates in some houses?

Also, I noticed today (Sunday) constant humm noise from the motorway. I did not pick that up on Saturday.

Also, been reading online that people have terrible problems with the bus and train service from Kilkock; I looked up "Public transport issues for commuters Kilkock" on FB some interesting stories there.

I meant the quality of the side gates, it left a lot to be desired. Looks like something I would have thrown together in first year woodwork class haha.

There is a humm, no doubt about that, the motorway is due to be resurfaced which will lower the noise significantly, as to when that happens nobody knows.

The bus service is not great at all, never had problem with the train, the odd delay now and again. Maynooth has a much better bus and train service and only up the road.

I meant the quality of the side gates, it left a lot to be desired. Looks like something I would have thrown together in first year woodwork class haha.

There is a humm, no doubt about that, the motorway is due to be resurfaced which will lower the noise significantly, as to when that happens nobody knows.

The bus service is not great at all, never had problem with the train, the odd delay now and again. Maynooth has a much better bus and train service and only up the road.

May I ask if you take a train to and from Dublin? That's what I would be interested in. How packed is it in Kilcock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

When we were in the 4 bed show house I heard someone ask about the demand control ventilation, the lady there did it did have it. She wasn't able to tell me where the pump for it was. I did notice in the top room there a local drop in the ceiling coming from the ensuite to the storage on the landing, maybe there's something in there?

Anyone else find they weren't very generous with sockets throughout the house? Also presumable all the houses should have a alarm control panel at the front door? Didn't notice on the 4dr

I catch the train in Enfield at the moment but it stops in Kilcock. Its pretty full in the mornings but that depends on what time train you catch. Always packed on the way home.

I catch the train in Enfield at the moment but it stops in Kilcock. Its pretty full in the mornings but that depends on what time train you catch. Always packed on the way home.

Is it reliable most of the time?

The pump if it was a DVC system would be in the attic. The bog standard vents on the walls and the fact there are no trickle vents in the windows leads me to believe that its not a DVC system after all. No sign of a humidity strip sensor anywhere either.

I remember seeing the alarm panel just can't for the life of me remember where exactly it was lol.

Didn't notice the lack of sockets etc, will look for that again.

I find it grand on the whole to be honest. The real time app is great also.

• Advertisement

Overall quality of kitchens, tiling, skirting boards etc. was good imo.

There was one alarm panel in the utility room in the 4 bed.

The pump if it was a DVC system would be in the attic. The bog standard vents on the walls and the fact there are no trickle vents in the windows leads me to believe that its not a DVC system after all. No sign of a humidity strip sensor anywhere either.

I remember seeing the alarm panel just can't for the life of me remember where exactly it was lol.

Didn't notice the lack of sockets etc, will look for that again.

What type of heating is in the house - gas or electric? Would it be expensive to run, any idea?
    I actually forgot to ask.

Air to water heat pump.

I have the same system in my house at present and it's great. Basically means you will only have 1 bill every 2 months cause the pump runs off your electricity supply. It supplies the heating and hot water. You can see the pump in the back garden. This is the one in the house.

https://www.joule.ie/news/air-to-water-heat-pump-ireland/
    What type of heating is in the house - gas or electric? Would it be expensive to run, any idea?
    I actually forgot to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭localscientist

Air to water heat pump.

I have the same system in my house at present and it's great. Basically means you will only have 1 bill every 2 months cause the pump runs off your electricity supply. It supplies the heating and hot water. You can see the pump in the back garden. This is the one in the house.

https://www.joule.ie/news/air-to-water-heat-pump-ireland/

Is this cost efficient, have you found?

They are built to be cost efficient. During the winter months our bi monthly bill was around 250 or so. Remember that's heating, hot water and electricity usage in the house.

They are built to be cost efficient. During the winter months our bi monthly bill was around 250 or so. Remember that's heating, hot water and electricity usage in the house.

Would gas heating be cheaper?

Not sure as that depends on individual usage and lifestyle. I found it comparable to gas.

In order for them to achieve a high BER rating without solar panels they need the Heat Pump, they are energy efficient and environmentally friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 AndreaSoly

Hi,

Did anyone asked the question on the open viewing which kitchens will be fitted in the Sanderling B type houses?
    The show house was a Sanderling A and it had a different type of kitchen than what have been told us if February. It's lovely anyway, but at the moment I don't know what to expect in the Sanderling B.
    I can see on the pictures uploaded by Ledwill park in the other houses they fitted a light grey kitchen (the same as we have been told) but we didn't go into the other 2 houses to check.

Hi,

Did anyone asked the question on the open viewing which kitchens will be fitted in the Sanderling B type houses?
    The show house was a Sanderling A and it had a different type of kitchen than what have been told us if February. It's lovely anyway, but at the moment I don't know what to expect in the Sanderling B.
    I can see on the pictures uploaded by Ledwill park in the other houses they fitted a light grey kitchen (the same as we have been told) but we didn't go into the other 2 houses to check.

4 bed showhouse had light grey. We peaked through the window in the two detached big houses facing GAA and kitchen was installed in light grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mur223

Hi,

Not much of a difference regarding layout/size etc between the Sanderling A & B so I presume they are going to be the same colour. the 4beds were all light grey.

• Advertisement

Anyone else get the "updated" video of progress at Ledwill Park from Glenveagh yesterday? It is about a month old, even the show houses weren't completed yet haha. Was disappointed when I opened it!

Yeah was a big let down alright.
    mur223 wrote: »
    Anyone else get the "updated" video of progress at Ledwill Park from Glenveagh yesterday? It is about a month old, even the show houses weren't completed yet haha. Was disappointed when I opened it!

Mee too :) I was expecting some good news, and when I saw the video I knew it it must be recorded at least 3 weeks ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Travellog1

Hi, was just wondering has anyone else bought an end of terrace 3 bed. Have you been told if it will have side access? Hard to tell from plans if it will. Going by other estates some end of terrace do and some don’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LJG15

Hi, we bought a three bed terraced and there is a tunnel between the two houses with shared access to bring bins through. There is obviously then a back gate on each of the gardens at the end of the tunnel. i presume if we have access to our back and we are in the middle then end of terrace definitely do. Check with Sherry Fitz they should be able to tell you at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 AnaC

Hi guys, I was following the thread for the last couple of weeks and I’m happy to see more people join. did anyone buy on the green? We’ve just put the deposit down and last weekend we were told October but today was August. So confused 🀷*♀️

AnaC wrote: »
    Hi guys, I was following the thread for the last couple of weeks and I’m happy to see more people join. did anyone buy on the green? We’ve just put the deposit down and last weekend we were told October but today was August. So confused ��*♀️

Hi Ana,

I'm pretty sure the majority of people on this thread have bought on the rise, we were all told Q3 so July/Aug/Sept for finish dates. Work on the rise was the first to start & the green doesn't seem to be as developed as the rise, so I would say go with the October date so your not disappointed. Keep asking for updates though and fingers crossed yours will be ready for August!!

AnaC wrote: »
    Hi guys, I was following the thread for the last couple of weeks and I’m happy to see more people join. did anyone buy on the green? We’ve just put the deposit down and last weekend we were told October but today was August. So confused ��*♀️

Hi Ana,

I'm pretty sure the majority of people on this thread have bought on the rise, we were all told Q3 so July/Aug/Sept for finish dates. Work on the rise was the first to start & the green doesn't seem to be as developed as the rise, so I would say go with the October date so your not disappointed. Keep asking for updates though and fingers crossed yours will be ready for August!!
    What do people think about noise from the motorway? Does that bother you?

What do people think about noise from the motorway? Does that bother you?

I personally didn't even notice the noise from motorway. I've been there many times to see the progress, and had no issues with the noise.

To have a property in a super quite place, you have to be away from towns, cities somewhere middle of nowhere. I would say this place is is quiet enough.

• Advertisement

I personally didn't even notice the noise from motorway. I've been there many times to see the progress, and had no issues with the noise.

To have a property in a super quite place, you have to be away from towns, cities somewhere middle of nowhere. I would say this place is is quiet enough.

I didn't notice it either. Maybe we would hear the train more often as it runs so close by Ledwill Park but that doesn't bother me at all! My sister actually lives in an estate closer to the motorway and you can barley hear it! :)

Advertisement