Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-09-2020, 21:25   #61
Errashareesh

And what about women who are pissed off about "women" not being used? I do wonder why there are only concerns about manners in one direction. Denial of biology is so Orwellian. If someone is a trans man, I'll refer to that person as such, I will use male pronouns in relation to him, but I refuse to deny he is biologically female. Who decided that this controlling of language and reality and truth is OK?
Advertisement
05-09-2020, 21:39   #62
.anon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errashareesh View Post
And what about women who are pissed off about "women" not being used? I do wonder why there are only concerns about manners in one direction. Denial of biology is so Orwellian. If someone is a trans man, I'll refer to that person as such, I will use male pronouns in relation to him, but I refuse to deny he is biologically female. Who decided that this controlling of language and reality and truth is OK?
I'm sure most people, apart from those literally looking for something to get annoyed about, would have no issue with the word 'person' being (quite accurately) used to describe people. The main thing is that the product will still soak up all the inoffensive blue liquid that seeps out of whichever mysterious and unmentioned organ it seeps out of, and those who use it will still be able to play tennis.
05-09-2020, 21:48   #63
Errashareesh

Yeah women objecting to denial of biology - looking for something to get annoyed about.

People upset over biology being acknowledged though - totally reasonable, should be pandered to.

I swear, through the looking glass stuff.
05-09-2020, 21:55   #64
.anon.

Quote:
Yeah women objecting to denial of biology - looking for something to get annoyed about.

People upset over biology being acknowledged though - totally reasonable, should be pandered to.

I swear, through the looking glass stuff.
The word 'person' isn't denying biology. Off the internet, I'd say 99% of people couldn't give a toss about - and in many cases probably wouldn't even be aware of - the whole trans debate, and wouldn't bat an eyelid when they see the word 'person' on a packet of sanitary towels.
Thanks from:
05-09-2020, 23:09   #65
AllForIt

The Superdrug thing and similar versions of, could have been done amicably. They could say they are for woman and transgender men. Instead they did it the antagonistic way and they know it. Getting some free advertising in the process.
Advertisement
05-09-2020, 23:13   #66
McGinniesta

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5607734/c...s%22%20content.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/signs-...in-racism-row/

I found these two amusing
05-09-2020, 23:57   #67
the dunne

Quote:
"Hello sir, you seem to be caught short, would you like me to give you a fannypad for your vagina?"
06-09-2020, 00:37   #68
AllForIt

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5607734/c...s%22%20content.

Oh dear. Black against White in Chess. Then you've got Kings and Queens, and Pawns. This isn't going to end well. Bye bye chess, it was fun while it lasted.
(4) thanks from:
06-09-2020, 01:19   #69
Strumms

(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-09-2020, 08:12   #70
Gruffalox

And yet here you are!

(I try to be good on Sundays, but it isn't always easy).
(2) thanks from:
06-09-2020, 08:35   #71
ILoveYourVibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruffalox View Post
And yet here you are!

(I try to be good on Sundays, but it isn't always easy).
But lets be honest. I am not well liked here and i dont belong. Do i?
06-09-2020, 08:41   #72
Paddygreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllForIt View Post

Sky news are running a report this week that says one of the reasons black people are severely under-represented in pro swimming is because of their thick afro hair and standard swimming caps don't fit. I would have thought cutting your hair would be a solution to this problem but I suppose doing that would be discriminatory to hair.
I would imagine an Afro would create a lot of drag for a pro swimmer even with an oversized swimming cap on.
06-09-2020, 08:43   #73
Richard Hillman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddygreen View Post
I would imagine an Afro would create a lot of drag for a pro swimmer even with an oversized swimming cap on.
Well they are just going to have to make Water more diversity friendly, aren't they.
06-09-2020, 08:43   #74
ILoveYourVibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddygreen View Post
In a bun why would it be diff from a girl with long hair..most female swimmers have at least shoulder length hair.

I would not say it has anything to do with hair. And more that people in black communities have few pools swimming clubs etc.

Same with white working class areas. Not many working class swimmers or tennis players.

Shane Ross gives all the funding to Wesley lol!
Thanks from:
06-09-2020, 08:57   #75
circadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlinertia View Post
Funny enough, they are slow off the mark doing that, gender free sanitary items have existed for a while according to a quick google.. I imagine that in the near future laughing about this will be as frowned upon as it is now to poke fun at someone over race or ability etc. It's human nature to sometimes get nervous over change.. I'm terrible for it tbh, i still use real butter!.
Real butter is and always will be the correct butter. Sometimes change is bad.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion