Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-09-2020, 10:52   #46
Gregor Samsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmetSpiceland View Post
What’s “biologically female” about pink packaging?
The other thing is that if you go to the Superdrug website (or any supermarket) most of the other brands of sanitary towels don’t even have pink packaging.

I did find this quote from the article surprising:

Quote:
The communications assistant for LGBTQ+ charity Mermaids, Jake Edwards, said Superdrug’s stance would make a difference. He said: ‘As a trans person who still experiences periods, I dread the days when my supplies start running low. ‘I run through a million scenarios of people staring at me, questioning me, laughing behind my back. Now I can confidently walk into a Superdrug and if anyone challenged me I could point to the packet and say “look, this is made for me”.
Has anyone - male, female or other - ever been challenged for buying sanitary towels? Does anyone really need to point at the packet to prove anything? I’m a man, and I regularly buy sanitary towels for my wife - sometimes as part of the weekly shopping, sometimes as an individual errand - and I’ve never been challenged or made feel uncomfortable doing so.
Advertisement
05-09-2020, 11:32   #47
Errashareesh

"People who menstruate", "pregnant people" - it would be hilarious if it were from a comedy.

(Pink packaging or non pink packaging is obviously not the concern - my Kotex are actually in a black package, Always brand - dark blue, other Always - purple).
05-09-2020, 12:11   #48
Gruffalox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errashareesh View Post
"People who menstruate", "pregnant people" - it would be hilarious if it were from a comedy.

(Pink packaging or non pink packaging is obviously not the concern - my Kotex are actually in a black package, Always brand - dark blue, other Always - purple).
I don't know what Always have started putting in their pads but it causes savage flare ups for me on those parts that people who have a fanny have. I have gone completely to cloth - well bamboo actually. Just a handy FYI for people who menstruate!
05-09-2020, 12:34   #49
smellyoldboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor Samsa View Post
The other thing is that if you go to the Superdrug website (or any supermarket) most of the other brands of sanitary towels don’t even have pink packaging.

I did find this quote from the article surprising:

Has anyone - male, female or other - ever been challenged for buying sanitary towels? Does anyone really need to point at the packet to prove anything? I’m a man, and I regularly buy sanitary towels for my wife - sometimes as part of the weekly shopping, sometimes as an individual errand - and I’ve never been challenged or made feel uncomfortable doing so.
Agree , it's absolutely bizarre logic in fairness. I would regularly on foot of verbal message/text have to pick up said sanitary items when going to a shop. No different than picking up a carton of milk. Tis a warped mind that thinks otherwise.
05-09-2020, 13:21   #50
silverharp

Quote:

Thankfully the Coombe still seems to be referred to as a woman's hospital, you will know things have gone to the sh1tter if its ever referred to as a people who menstruate hospital
Advertisement
05-09-2020, 13:26   #51
1990sman

hitler is creamin himself
Thanks from:
05-09-2020, 13:31   #52
SlowMotion321

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990sman View Post
Hitler is creaming himself
Sorry I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi!
05-09-2020, 14:53   #53
OscarMIlde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruffalox View Post
I don't know what Always have started putting in their pads but it causes savage flare ups for me on those parts that people who have a fanny have. I have gone completely to cloth - well bamboo actually. Just a handy FYI for people who menstruate!
I think it's some anti-bacterial thing. Did the same to me, don't understand why they did it. It's like full on chemical burns, as if periods weren't painful enough.
(2) thanks from:
05-09-2020, 18:36   #54
buckwheat

I've genuinely never come across any of this ****e in real life. It's just hyperbole on the internet for clicks in the main.

For now at least....
Advertisement
05-09-2020, 18:40   #55
Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Princess Consuela Bananahammock's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruffalox View Post
IS that JK Rowling reference?
Thanks from:
05-09-2020, 18:47   #56
Rubberchikken

Only WOMEN (born female) menstruate. Ffs.
(2) thanks from:
05-09-2020, 18:47   #57
.anon.

Quote:
Exactly. Women aren't people.
(3) thanks from:
05-09-2020, 20:53   #58
silverharp

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckwheat View Post
I've genuinely never come across any of this ****e in real life. It's just hyperbole on the internet for clicks in the main.

For now at least....
don't go to Superdrug

https://twitter.com/JuliaHB1/status/1302299252530577410
(2) thanks from:
05-09-2020, 21:05   #59
Errashareesh

Not sure about what JHB is saying. Men don't menstruate. The issue is with the cowardliness of not simply using the word "women".
(2) thanks from:
05-09-2020, 21:18   #60
.anon.

Quote:
Not sure about what JHB is saying. Men don't menstruate. The issue is with the cowardliness of not simply using the word "women".
Not cowardliness - just basic manners. A transgender person who was born female, but identifies as male, will probably be a bit pissed off if you (or, in this case, someone trying to sell them a product) refer to them as a 'woman'. Nobody really minds being called a 'person' though.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion