Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-09-2020, 00:53   #16
coolbeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllForIt View Post
I think it's about time we highlighted the more wacky WOKE notions that are popping up in the media on a weekly basis nowadays, if any of them aren't at all. I'm putting this in AH in the hope it's a more lighthearted thread rather than not.

To start off here's 3 I've come across this last week alone.

Full Stops. Apparently full stops used in text messaging and the like are offensive to young people. Too much on the passive/aggressive side.Source.

Sky news are running a report this week that says one of the reasons black people are severely under-represented in pro swimming is because of their thick afro hair and standard swimming caps don't fit. I would have thought cutting your hair would be a solution to this problem but I suppose doing that would be discriminatory to hair.

Multi Grammy award winner Adele has been criticised for cultural appropriation, because she posted a pic of herself on Instagram sporting an African hairdo. I guess she's not into swimming. Source.

Do add the one's you come across as they arrive. I'll just make a prediction, exclamation marks will be next !
You do realise you're the one being had in all this don't you. The vast majority of people don't give a toss about this nonsense; and those who publish this silliness are just waiting for a sucker like you to bite and then bloviate about political correctness/ crazy lefties or whatever you're having yourself. You're being played like a fiddle. A fiddle I tells you!
Advertisement
05-09-2020, 00:56   #17
AllForIt

https://metro.co.uk/2020/09/04/super...uate-13225543/

Superdrug has launched 'inclusive' sanitary towels, removing any indication from them that they are for women. Pink packaging etc. Now they are for 'people who menstruate'.
05-09-2020, 01:03   #18
DubInMeath

Quote:
I sense a very strong acceptance of Woke ideas around there. That's fine. Won't stop me ridiculing them though.
That's because most people don't care and aren't easily offended or bitter by people getting a little bit ahead from where they are.

Last edited by DubInMeath; 05-09-2020 at 01:09.
05-09-2020, 01:03   #19
AllForIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbeans View Post
You do realise you're the one being had in all this don't you. The vast majority of people don't give a toss about this nonsense; and those who publish this silliness are just waiting for a sucker like you to bite and then bloviate about political correctness/ crazy lefties or whatever you're having yourself. You're being played like a fiddle. A fiddle I tells you!
What you are saying is that all these Wokeism's are introduced specifically to annoy people like me specifically. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that has some truth to it.

I never said a jot about politician correctness, crazy lefties, or anything like that in this thread, all I've done is take the p*ss of all this hilarious nonsense.

So, it seems to me it is you that is the one that is annoyed that it's not having the desired effect.
(3) thanks from:
05-09-2020, 01:12   #20
Arghus

Send this crap to the other crap in CA.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
05-09-2020, 01:13   #21
Church on Tuesday

Ah here, it's a Friday night.
Thanks from:
05-09-2020, 01:14   #22
coolbeans

Quote:
I never said a jot about politician correctness, crazy lefties, or anything like that in this thread, all I've done is take the p*ss of all this hilarious nonsense.
...but u have been getting your knickers in a twist re lefties etc on other threads too. You're very, very predictable. In sum, if the shoe fits Mr Fiddle...
(2) thanks from:
05-09-2020, 01:32   #23
Geuze

Looting is good.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ooting/615925/

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...nse-of-looting
(2) thanks from:
05-09-2020, 01:34   #24
Errashareesh

The fact African American businesses are being destroyed is a real dilemma for the white middleclass arseholes who claim there's a positive to it.
Advertisement
05-09-2020, 01:38   #25
AllForIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbeans View Post
...but u have been getting your knickers in a twist re lefties etc on other threads too. You're very, very predictable. In sum, if the shoe fits Mr Fiddle...
If anyone is getting their knickers in a twist it is you.

You are getting your knickers in a twist because you can't stand anyone taking the pi*s of all this nonsense. What could be more obvious.
Thanks from:
05-09-2020, 01:40   #26
Gremlinertia

Send a message via Yahoo to Gremlinertia
coolbeans, AllForIt

Both of you stop with the sniping
Also, back on topic please or thread closure seems likely
(2) thanks from:
05-09-2020, 01:44   #27
Chris_Heilong

Its a good idea for a forum, these things should be criticized and laughed at. I remember last week someone had written an article saying that white people owning dogs was racist for some reason.

Last edited by Chris_Heilong; 05-09-2020 at 02:05.
05-09-2020, 01:45   #28
Gremlinertia

Send a message via Yahoo to Gremlinertia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Heilong View Post
Its a good idea for a forum, these things should be criticized and laughed at. I remember last week some had written an article saying that white people owning dogs was racist for some reason.
Really?. Hah i'm off to try find that!.
05-09-2020, 01:54   #29
DubInMeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlinertia View Post
Really?. Hah i'm off to try find that!.
So far only references I can find appear to be redit where most are calling it bullsh1t as in its a hoax and a load of sites for what my American friends call basement dwellers/ members of the tinfoil hat brigade.
05-09-2020, 02:02   #30
SlowMotion321

Quote:
https://metro.co.uk/2020/09/04/super...uate-13225543/

Superdrug has launched 'inclusive' sanitary towels, removing any indication from them that they are for women. Pink packaging etc. Now they are for 'people who menstruate'.
The marketing guys must have been pissing themselves with laughter when they came up with this!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion