Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-09-2020, 10:51   #3766
dubstarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple hands View Post
I flinch a little every time I hear "wet pub"
Moist ugh
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-09-2020, 10:56   #3767
amadangomor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badly Drunk Boy View Post
Like any normal person,, I went outside for a bit of fresh air at 2.25am. Weirdly, my garden was full of slugs and I was in my bare feet. What's the deal with someone not being able to go into their garden without squelshy slugs wrecking their head?
Obviously loving the damp, dull summer we had. There were millions in the garden when I moved into my house, beer traps sorted them. At least they will die happy!
16-09-2020, 11:33   #3768
bertiebomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple hands View Post
I flinch a little every time I hear "wet pub"

it funny, that, when i hear the expression i think of a pub with a floor covered in piss UGH! ( no unknown in old ireland ! )
16-09-2020, 19:02   #3769
bubbles o hara

Had an exhausting day at work and now we're sitting here unable to hear our own tv over the neighbours...again. Honestly, they've made our lives misery with their noise since moving in 9 months ago. Loud music and blaring tv including all day last Christmas day.
16-09-2020, 19:44   #3770
Archeron

Rte one and their never ending bucket of doom. Just sat and watched two hours of TV with my elderly dad who would worry about stuff he sees on telly. An hour of the news, covid covid covid, followed by nationwide, a look at the effects of covid on tourism, followed by ecoeye and a reminder that climate change is here and anyone who survives covid will either drown or die in a forest fire.

I know these are important issues but would it hurt to try and make people smile every now and again?
Advertisement
16-09-2020, 20:00   #3771
Antares35

Constant picking as I prepare dinner means I'm not actually hungry when it's ready.
16-09-2020, 22:51   #3772
RMAOK

TA for people who can't get the hint "please leave me alone".
16-09-2020, 22:54   #3773
HildaOgdenx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeron View Post
Rte one and their never ending bucket of doom. Just sat and watched two hours of TV with my elderly dad who would worry about stuff he sees on telly. An hour of the news, covid covid covid, followed by nationwide, a look at the effects of covid on tourism, followed by ecoeye and a reminder that climate change is here and anyone who survives covid will either drown or die in a forest fire.

I know these are important issues but would it hurt to try and make people smile every now and again?
It might be good to try to distract him. Some channels show old favourites, repeats of old series, for example, that might help.
All the doom and gloom would drag anyone down especially if he is a worrier anyway.
(3) thanks from:
16-09-2020, 22:55   #3774
amadangomor

People who drive with the palm on the steering wheel action.

You're not driving a forklift with one of those little turning knobs you numpty.

How does it work in hot weather with sweaty plams? Accident waiting to happen I tells you
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-09-2020, 23:55   #3775
Antares35

OH told me it's him or the dog. I told him the dog wins, which he wasn't expecting. TA a grown man sulking all evening. Sigh...
17-09-2020, 10:42   #3776
Phoenix32

This is more than a TA. Reading about the suffering in Yemen and how small babies and toddlers are dying of hunger, that situation has gone on for far too long. I made a small donation to Unicef but really no one should be starving to death in this day and age.
17-09-2020, 11:13   #3777
Space Dog

TA it's supposed to be 22 degrees here today yet right now it's overcast and quite chilly out.
Thanks from:
17-09-2020, 13:18   #3778
freshpopcorn

This sounds mean.
However do you know when you encounter an individual and your nice to them and you’ve a chat with them and you might meet somewhere casually in a group and they think they are automatically your best friends.
17-09-2020, 13:37   #3779
Antares35

My friend is texting me asking if I can go out next weekend for my birthday. It's so sweet of her to arrange something but I just don't feel comfortable going out at the moment. I don't know how to tell her, it feels so mean
17-09-2020, 14:11   #3780
ArnoldJRimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares35 View Post
My friend is texting me asking if I can go out next weekend for my birthday. It's so sweet of her to arrange something but I just don't feel comfortable going out at the moment. I don't know how to tell her, it feels so mean
I wouldn't sweat over it, just explain your position and tell her how much you appreciate it. I have found among my group of friends that we have had different levels of comfort in what we could/ should do at different times over the last six months

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion