Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Picture number three shows the doorway from the hall to the living room

It was a joke. I know there actually is a door there. I'm just taking the piss out of the incompetent person who drew up the floor plan. I've noticed it's a common thing in estate agent drawings. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Quote; Picture number three shows the doorway from the hall to the living room
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    It was a joke. I know there actually is a door there. I'm just taking the piss out of the incompetent person who drew up the floor plan. I've noticed it's a common thing in estate agent drawings. :rolleyes:

photo 11; I just noticed the lock-keep on the door jam to the under-stairs toilet , so you don't actually have to climb through that small window.;)

Lazy agents can't be bothered showing room measurements either,which are
    very important to potential buyers,and easy to do with electronic tapes.
    OK, so they are in the description, but would be so easy to pot on the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

DeO4c2UXkAUac6r.jpg

This reminds me of that guy AirBNBing a wigwam on his front Garden in Dublin
    http://www.bento.de/future/berlin-im-miet-wahnsinn-wg-vermietet-balkon-fuer-260-euro-im-monat-2437905/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

redcup342 wrote: »
    DeO4c2UXkAUac6r.jpg

http://www.bento.de/future/berlin-im-miet-wahnsinn-wg-vermietet-balkon-fuer-260-euro-im-monat-2437905/

Jaysus I didn't know the Germans had much of a sense of humour.

That "landlord" really is taking the proverbial.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

retalivity wrote: »

Put the washing machine on a spin cycle and you will be rocked to sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Put the washing machine on a spin cycle and you will be rocked to sleep!
    Or more an orgasmic experience

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

The sound of the washing machine might drown the crying done in that chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Its gone from Daft anyway...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Kamili wrote: »
    Its gone from Daft anyway...

I reckon is was probably reported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I reckon is was probably reported.

for sure - it had to have been..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Do you wedge your foot in the gap over the washing machine and boost yourself up to bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thargor wrote: »
    Do you wedge your foot in the gap over the washing machine and boost yourself up to bed?
    .... and whatever you do do not turn over in your sleep or need the bathroom..

Been glued to the UK youtube programmes re landlords and tenants so this does not surprise me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

redcup342 wrote: »
    DeO4c2UXkAUac6r.jpg

Interesting to read the article- Berlin also has a rental crisis by the sounds of things.

Interesting to read the article- Berlin also has a rental crisis by the sounds of things.

So does every country...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Graces7 wrote: »
    So does every country...

Then why are we making such a song and dance about it so?

Well, Germany recently "imported" about 1 million extra people who all need accommodation, so their problem is entirely self inflicted.
    Many countries with growing populations have similar issues, combined with the continuing trend of single generation households replacing multi-generation households.

Ireland OTOH has allowed all the jobs to become concentrated in Dublin while not allowing sensible development of housing to accommodate these extra people.

Then why are we making such a song and dance about it so?

No idea! Anywhere else in the world folk in emergency accommodation are not classed as "homeless". They have a safe roof over their heads.

You would never ever feel alone in the kitchen in THIS house :eek:

http://www.daft.ie/donegal/houses-for-sale/laghy/lisnapaste-laghy-donegal-1334307/#img=8

• Registered Users Posts: 19,928 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

http://www.daft.ie/donegal/houses-for-sale/laghy/lisnapaste-laghy-donegal-1334307/#img=8

I sort of like it !!

• Advertisement

Looks like Irish Quagmire lives there:

b2fbcf0ec2f7fa85ebf323a014772952--the-simpsons-guy-family-guy.jpg

*giggidy*

Well, Germany recently "imported" about 1 million extra people who all need accommodation, so their problem is entirely self inflicted.
    Many countries with growing populations have similar issues, combined with the continuing trend of single generation households replacing multi-generation households.

Ireland OTOH has allowed all the jobs to become concentrated in Dublin while not allowing sensible development of housing to accommodate these extra people.

Not everywhere, Berlin has problems with gentrification, previously run down areas are being invaded by hipsters wanting to live in loft apartments. Coffee Shops are taking over the squat bars and the amount of beards, hats and nerd glasses are like a disease taking hold. AirBNB also distorted the rental market (they've gotten a bit of control of it but it's a bit too late)

Dusseldorf has problems with just the amount of accommodation, nothing to do with refugees as they are in purpose build refugee centers (they look like stacked portacabins) there's been a major influx of Expat workers and everyone wants to live in the center.

If for example you are willing to live in Duisberg, Krefeld or Langenfeld then you'll have no problem finding a place to live.

Not as simple as saying it's a refugee problem as they are not entitled to rent accommodation out of the normal pool of housing. Hell if you come here and have a ton of money in the bank but don't have a job (and hence cannot get a Schufa report) then you are royally screwed and could be searching for 4-6 months for somewhere and even then you'll end up paying through the nose.

2smiggy wrote: »
    I sort of like it !!

But what is it? wild boar? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Nice erm, paint. Lovely framed photo of the pope (?) too!

http://www.daft.ie/cork/houses-for-sale/macroom/bawnmore-macroom-cork-1750958/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

There's a stench of death off that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Nice erm, paint. Lovely framed photo of the pope (?) too!

http://www.daft.ie/cork/houses-for-sale/macroom/bawnmore-macroom-cork-1750958/

Must've got a job lot on that green paint :pac:

Also, there's no bathroom in it?

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Must've got a job lot on that green paint :pac:

Also, there's no bathroom in it?

And of the blue.. marginally better maybe than the hot bright pink we see so often.

And yep, no bathroom so no septic tank etc,, as they say DIY. In every sense..

Oh wait.. there is an outhouse that looks like a toilet place..

Would love to know who lived there... old person from the hand rails by the door, and someone with Very Definite Ideas on painting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭threetrees

That house looks like one of those tourist this-is-how-they-lived houses. Like the recreated houses on Muckross Farm.

threetrees wrote: »
    That house looks like one of those tourist this-is-how-they-lived houses. Like the recreated houses on Muckross Farm.

Oh no. The Trad farm houses are much simpler. LOVE that place and miss it more than anything else..I used to sit by the fire and knit ...Would love to see it again... This house is luxurious by comparison..

Sketchy info though and new up...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

What's sad is, someone was obviously living there until recently enough. Crazy that people are still living in homes with outhouses in 2018! Where I grew up there was still a fair few houses around with no indoor bathroom well into the 21st century :pac:

That picture of the pope looking down on the bed though. Creepy.

Advertisement