Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-09-2020, 22:16   #631
Nigel Fairservice

I think Twink definitely thinks she is some kind of national treasure.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
15-09-2020, 22:18   #632
Rodney Bathgate
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fairservice View Post
I think Twink definitely thinks she is some kind of national treasure.
If only for her voice mail message.
15-09-2020, 22:20   #633
EmmetSpiceland

Quote:
Originally Posted by padd b1975 View Post
Right up until he sucks the life out a Dubliners gig by reciting one of his "poems".
Jesus, P, no need to tell it like it is.
15-09-2020, 22:37   #634
Pawwed Rig
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxhound2005 View Post
Just from the names on Page 1 find me a negative comment about Niall Quinn, Denis Irwin, Larry Gogan, Shane Lowry, Brendan Grace or John Creedon.
Larry Gogan was a friend of a friend. He was apparently the nicest person you could ever hope to meet in public and private.
I met Niall Quinn a couple of times and he was an absolute gentleman. He is still a legend around Sunderland aswell.
15-09-2020, 22:41   #635
Man Vs ManUre

Simon Harris. Especially after the performance of his egg headed successor during the past few weeks.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
15-09-2020, 23:02   #636
gormdubhgorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxhound2005 View Post
Just from the names on Page 1 find me a negative comment about Niall Quinn, Denis Irwin, Larry Gogan, Shane Lowry, Brendan Grace or John Creedon.
I think the thing all those lads have in common is that they probably don't see themselves as special because of who they are. Maybe that is what it comes down to Irish people don't like thier celebs to have 'notions'? I would throw Brendan Gleeson/Colm Meaney in that group. Never heard anyone give out about them.

I think that is the difference between American celebs and Irish ones. In America the celebs are expected to have notions and be fawned over.
15-09-2020, 23:04   #637
gormdubhgorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawwed Rig View Post
Larry Gogan was a friend of a friend. He was apparently the nicest person you could ever hope to meet in public and private.
I met Niall Quinn a couple of times and he was an absolute gentleman. He is still a legend around Sunderland aswell.
Slightly off topic - but is it true Gogan cultivated that voice for radio, and he was not like that originally?
15-09-2020, 23:45   #638
Strumms

Quote:

Larry just had an immense aura of genuineness and friendliness about him. Seemed like he had an absolute genuine love of his job too. His musical tastes were a bit mainstream pop probably for my own taste , but he was a listenable, watchable and a very likable guy..
16-09-2020, 01:49   #639
Ash.J.Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Vs ManUre View Post
Simon Harris. Especially after the performance of his egg headed successor during the past few weeks.
Things got too hot for the successor today
Advertisement
16-09-2020, 01:51   #640
Ash.J.Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothko View Post
I wouldn't pay much attention to anything that Alan McGee has to say.
I only added Alan’s quote for the laugh
16-09-2020, 11:19   #641
Mad_maxx

Quote:
Larry Gogan was the most inoffensive person to ever walk the earth , thats not necessarily a compliment
Thanks from:
16-09-2020, 12:32   #642
Rothko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash.J.Williams View Post
I only added Alan’s quote for the laugh
Oh, I know that. It's just that I wouldn't take anything he says seriously. I think him and Kevin Shields had a falling out so that's why he said it.
16-09-2020, 14:16   #643
Ash.J.Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothko View Post
Oh, I know that. It's just that I wouldn't take anything he says seriously. I think him and Kevin Shields had a falling out so that's why he said it.
there's an amazing doc from the bbc on primal screams memphis tapes, and how they put their heart and soul into it and hired the best musicians in memphis and then brought it back to alan mcgee who binned it and remixed it!

(however commercially he was possibly right, but musically it was criminal)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion