Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 - 1000 Mile Challenge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

1,000 miles completed Saturday during a holiday run in the Dolomites. 17 days earlier than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Wottle

Murph_D wrote: »
    1,000 miles completed Saturday during a holiday run in the Dolomites. 17 days earlier than last year.

Feck you Murph, had my eyes on a top 20 but took days off to rest my knee.

Congrats btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Wottle

And that's a wrap, only the 3rd time completing, 2 years in a row now and fastest time getting to a 1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Passed 1,000 miles Tuesday, over 4 months quicker than last year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Bit of a bittersweet experience, overtaking a becalmed Krusty...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

And ... 2000! :)
    Could have been sooner but I just took 3 weeks completely off for recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

And ... 2000! :)
    Could have been sooner but I just took 3 weeks completely off for recovery.

Wow! Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

Hit 1,000 during my lunchtime run yesterday! End of July versus mid November last year :eek:

eyrie wrote: »
    Hit 1,000 during my lunchtime run yesterday! End of July versus mid November last year :eek:

That’s brilliant. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

And ... 2000! Could have been sooner but I just took 3 weeks completely off for recovery.

Are you the first Boardsie to hit that mark this year? Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Are you the first Boardsie to hit that mark this year? Well done.

Nope, merely number three (of the ones who log their miles in that spreadsheet, that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Passed through the 1,000-mile mark last night on my run - about a month ahead of last year.

Huzzah! wrote: »
    Passed through the 1,000-mile mark last night on my run - about a month ahead of last year.

Well done Huzzah!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Passed it last Sunday. Wouldn't have thought to check only for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Finally reached 1000. Over 2 months later than last year, and a month later than the year before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Hit 1000 miles over the weekend, original plan for the year would have had me hit in early June some but got there eventually. Last year it was mid October.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Passed the 1000m mark during my 11 mile run this morning, So that is about 1.5 months earlier (26/09/17) from last year. Rotterdam training pushed the mileage up at the start of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

Hit 2000 last night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Hit 2000 last night...

If it's not on the table it didn't happen! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Hit 3000 miles today after a b2b, 2x40km run in the mountains of Catalonia. Running doesn't get much better than that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Reached 2000 miles today on a longish midweek run

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭ariana`

Hit 1000 miles on Friday night. Hit it last year on December 31st so thrilled to have hit it over 4 months earlier this year :)

ariana` wrote: »
    Hit 1000 miles on Friday night. Hit it last year on December 31st so thrilled to have hit it over 4 months earlier this year :)

Well done. Nearly there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Aybara

Passed through 1000 miles today, first time to log 1000 miles in a year on attempt 3. Usually around the 800 miles per year but putting in extra effort in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,961 ✭✭✭opus

Passed the 2000 barrier last week, I've only ever made 3000 once (barely!) but tbh not really chasing that number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

I DID it!

I never thought I would.

Currently at 1,015.0 miles for the year.

Very proud of myself for achieving that.

I was on 999.1 after Sunday's long run so hit in on the way to the club on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Passed 1000 miles during a 26k run today, week 10 of training for my first marathon, DCM.

Just realized I never updated here. Passed my 1000 miles during my long run last Saturday so the 1st September. A big improvement on just before New Years Eve last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Passed 2000m in the PP on Friday 7th Sept - ahead of last year, but not chasing miles.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just realised that I passed the 1000 mile mark a few weeks ago as I was running along the bottom of some German and French 1st World War trenches along the top of a mountain in France. :eek:

Somehow I managed to get over the 1000m mark a couple of weeks earlier than last year as well despite missing a month of doing any running at all and a good few other weeks of limited mileage.

Advertisement