Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Change of Ownership of car

• 04-07-2008 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

hey i have a czech lodger who bought a 00 fiat punto of an egyptian fella , now he wrote his address and details on a sheet of paper and that was 4 or 5 weeks and still hasnt received his change of ownership form in order to get insurance or tax

any information would be great

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from learning to drive;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

if he has the seller's number, ring him and ask if he sent the form. If not... tell him to sent it.. if he has, ring shannon and ask whats the hold up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

ShayK1 wrote: »
    if he has the seller's number, ring him and ask if he sent the form. If not... tell him to sent it.. if he has, ring shannon and ask whats the hold up.

Ringing the Shannon motor tax office usually requires a long wait on hold.

They've a new on-line service... just type in your reg number on-line and it'll show the date of the last change of ownership.
    I was ringing them every 2 days, then they launched the online service.

Go to www.motortax.ie and click on "Vehicle Transaction Enquiry".

Ps. Did the car buyer request to see the car registration certificate before buying it ? How does he know it wasn't stolen ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

cheers for the replies

yes he seen the Log Book i was with him when he purchased it , seen the book with details of car and address

its just that fella ( egyptian ) was leaving in 2 weeks so he said he'd fill it in and send it off

he showed me his driving licence with his name and it corresponded to the Log Book

i checked the site and it says last new notification was sent out on 11/06/2008

but he hasnt received it so i mailed them with details

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Fatloss08 wrote: »
    still hasnt received his change of ownership form in order to get insurance or tax

Posession of the Registration Cert is NOT required to get an insurance policy. If he is not driving the car because he thinks he cannot get insurance then he is incorrect, if he is driving it anyway without insurance he is a ******.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

no he wont drive without insurance , and axa wont insure him unless he has car details documents etc

Advertisement