Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All dublin boxing clubs-contacts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭epiphony

Has anyone here ever taken part in Mick Dowling's Boxing classes?

I saw a poster outside the shop in Rathgar, looked it up online and it's €95 for 8 weeks (one class a week) and it's a boxing conditiong class, so basically you learn the basics and get fit.

Should I bother? I am female, not interested in becoming a boxer, but just want to learn the basics and get in shape again so it sounds perfect, but I want to make sure it's worth the money (I'm a poor student.)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mDx

Hello, i am 18 looking for Boxing clubs and only BOXING in Lucan if any one knows could tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

mDx wrote: »
    Hello, i am 18 looking for Boxing clubs and only BOXING in Lucan if any one knows could tell me?

Lucan Boxing Club - Ed Griffin 085-7480207

MBC wrote: »
    Lucan Boxing Club - Ed Griffin 085-7480207
    Thank you, but maybe could u tell me the website if they have one?

Thank you, but maybe could u tell me the website if they have one?

Dont think they have one.

• Advertisement

MBC wrote: »
    Dont think they have one.
    Alright then maybe u could just give me adress where they are located at :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

Alright then maybe u could just give me adress where they are located at :)

ring them yourself mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Anja Norman

--PEG-- wrote: »
    Hey just wondering can girls join ?? :D

They can indeed! Not many clubs nowadays would refuse a girl. Why would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭NickMondo

epiphony wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever taken part in Mick Dowling's Boxing classes?

I saw a poster outside the shop in Rathgar, looked it up online and it's €95 for 8 weeks (one class a week) and it's a boxing conditiong class, so basically you learn the basics and get fit.

Should I bother? I am female, not interested in becoming a boxer, but just want to learn the basics and get in shape again so it sounds perfect, but I want to make sure it's worth the money (I'm a poor student.)

Hi, yeah I have he's good will definitely put you through your paces, sound guy as well, nobody can really get in shape training once a week though, but you'll learn a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭NickMondo

Does anyone have a number for ballyboden's good counsel boxing club? was training there till a few weeks ago, couldn't make it for a while but place wasn't open last time I was down, dont know anyone who trains there outside the gym so have no numbers or info, any help appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

I already wrote this in a thread, but I might get more luck here:

Hi. I'm an eighteen year old from Lucan and I was looking for any tips on how to get started in boxing.
    I'm a complete novice, so no massive ambitions. I was looking for a good beginners club to join. I'm a big guy at six foot, I'm a bit overweight at around 210lbs. Thats Heavy weight right? I'm pretty bulky already from playing Rugby so I can deal with getting slapped around.
    I want to know what kind of shape I'd have to get into, I don't want to waste a trainers time by having to get into shape first so is there any sort of fitness regime I should look into? As I said I'm a bit overweight but not massively so nothing too dramatic. I think you get what I'm trying to say. I want to get fit and turn a Rugby players body into a boxer. So any tips, or advice and particularly a good club would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!

*I meant to say. When I say novice, I mean I've never taken part in boxing. But I know a decent amount about the sport as a whole. Styles, fighters, history etc.
    And I've watched the Rocky movies like any self-respecting human being. Despite their total lack of realism.;)

So yeah. Anyone have any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭oneillryano

I'm 18 and have been doing a mixed bunch of martial arts since july but i wanna shift my focus entirely on boxing. I'm willing to compete and was wondering what gyms in Blanchardstown would take on someone like me?
    I tried ringing St.Bridgids in Mulhuddart but the number must be out of use or something.

Would appreciate some reply, thanks lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rosie mc

does anyone know where there is any boxing matches on in dublin tmw night???

Rosie mc wrote: »
    does anyone know where there is any boxing matches on in dublin tmw night???

Its the 100 Years of Irish Boxing Centenry Show in Citywest tomorrow night........Dublin vs London

189615_10150157521332673_139536457672_7938262_5867013_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

Hi all I'm 27 years old going to join a boxing club in sandyford this week , never boxed before but always loved the sport , I was told to go for the white color route , just wondering anyone on here doing it or done it before ,and what's the training like , cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jeep

Hello
    Could anyone give me some info on the club in Carnegie Library, would it be suitable for a 14 yr old , not sporty, but has shown an interest in boxing, needs to shed weight ?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mikyboy2006

i really want to join a boxing gym. But i need one close to me...I`m living o lower dorset street, so can anyone help me with some location near-by.
    Thanks !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mikyboy2006

it seems nobody-s here to give some help.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

i really want to join a boxing gym. But i need one close to me...I`m living o lower dorset street, so can anyone help me with some location near-by.
    Thanks !!!
    The nearest club to you is st.xaviours club on bolton st. just opposite the Maldron hotel. Also Glasnevin or Phibsboro. Go to the first post on this thread and view the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 gasbaggimmick

Hi , does anyone have a contact number for roddy collins boxing gym in blanch? Been searching online but no joy. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭CrazySka

Would love to Start boxing but am 30 and have never swung a punch!
    Does anyone know if clubs will take someone like that?
    I am fairly fit and into cicuits and sprinting/distance running and living in the Lucan area.
    If anyone knows any clubs that take older people with no boxing experience that would be fantastic, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Hi , does anyone have a contact number for roddy collins boxing gym in blanch? Been searching online but no joy. Thanks
    Paschal Collins. Don't think there is a number for it. Why not just drop in??
    CrazySka wrote: »
    Would love to Start boxing but am 30 and have never swung a punch!
    Does anyone know if clubs will take someone like that?
    I am fairly fit and into cicuits and sprinting/distance running and living in the Lucan area.
    If anyone knows any clubs that take older people with no boxing experience that would be fantastic, thanks.
    The above, Celtic Warriors Gym in Corduff is a good wee spot. Boxercise classes are on a Tuesday and Thursday at 6pm, great way to get involved.

Paschal Collins had another 2 winners on Saturday night, Stephen Ormond and Gary 'Spike' O'Sullivan.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭CrazySka

Great, thanks for the info lubo.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭backinexile

Does anyone know anything about the boxfit classes in Ballinteer, I spotted a sign for it the last day.

I'd be a complete beginner, would like to give it a try as i think it would be great training for the winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gk10

Was thinking about taking up boxing and im 17 and was wondering is it too late for me to take it up and also is there any good boxing clubs around the D24 area for beginners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jms84

Hi guys to to let y'all know and to try and get some feed back from you all! I am opening an event center possible somewhere along the long mile road area it will have studio facilitates for fitness and dance, It will also have a main hall that could be used for boxing matches or events or even big training sessions. It wont quit be city west :-) but would suit more low budget events. I would like to work with people on events to make them happen. Is there much call for this kind of thing ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Slic Ric

is the bronx sporting club at coolmine still around?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Jordans n Timbs

like a lot of the people posting already im tryna get back into competitive boxing again and i just moved to dublin....im out in the coomb....im 27.....in shape etc.....but i was put off the road for 5 years last year so no car.....id really like to know of a gym as close to/or in dublin 8......if anyone could help thanks a million in advance....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Jordans n Timbs

P.S. if theres already one listed matching that description on the first page then my bad....im not that familiar with the city

Advertisement