Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards.ie Game Awards for 2019 ** Results! **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm going to take the winners for all awards from 2010 to 2019 and use them for the decade awards.
    It'll still be in January because we need to include this year's winners.

... :)

Probably going to put the final group up on Wednesday afternoon.
    Get your 'Fun' nominations in now.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=499

Closing the current batch this afternoon... :o

Final batch up now, folks. :)

Overall: Best RPG
    Overall: Online Game of the Year
    Overall: Best Action/Adventure
    Overall: Best Sports
    Overall: Best Racing
    Overall: Best Strategy/Puzzle
    Overall: Best Downloadable (non-Retail) Game
    Overall: Best DLC/Add-On Content
    Overall: Most Anticipated Game for 2020
    Overall: Game of the Year 2019

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=499

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Woah woah woah! I've just noticed that you've forgotten a section for the stadia owners to vote on the best games of 2018!

:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Woah woah woah! I've just noticed that you've forgotten a section for the stadia owners to vote on the best games of 2018!

:pac::pac:

Hah, The Stade of ya! :pac::p

Closing this final group tomorrow, folks. Last chance! (and last reminder)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Have to say, found it hard to pick just 3 noms in some groups, will be hard to pick the winners! I saw a few comments on social media saying it's been a crap year for games but it's been brilliant for me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's been crap for triple A (except Ace combat 7 of course) but then triple A has been terrible for years.

In comparison the indie gaming scene has been exceptional. Nintendo as well have knocked it out of the park with the Switch being far and away the best console this year.

So an absolute feast of great games this year even if they don't come from the places that get all the press.

As for game of the decade, I'm playing Mass Effect 2 atm and it's absolutely epic. Definitely in top 3 of the decade I think along with Witcher 3 and the Last of Us.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Have to say, found it hard to pick just 3 noms in some groups, will be hard to pick the winners! I saw a few comments on social media saying it's been a crap year for games but it's been brilliant for me!

No it's not. There's only one winner, Ace Combat 7.

And for any categories were AC7 didn't get nominated then everyone should be asking where is AC7.

Although saying that.... I only played sayonnara wild hearts today and kind of love it.

Ready to go guys. Please vote here:

http://bit.ly/35y7LTu

Only vote on categories that affect you (i.e. if you don't have a Switch, don't pick the Switch category, etc.)
    All of the questions on the Fun page and Overall page are optional too.

The survey will stay open until Sunday at midnight. I'll post the results on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,627 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Cannot vote on Windows tablet. Must use laptop! Laptop!

Should work. Tested on mobile. What browser is on a windows tablet? How old is the tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,627 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Should work. Tested on mobile. What browser is on a windows tablet? How old is the tablet?

I'm using Firefox Browser and the OS is Windows 10. Tablet is over five years old.

I'll try it again later on a different browser. If that doesn't work, I'll use my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Ready to go guys. Please vote here:

Only vote on categories that affect you (i.e. if you don't have a Switch, don't pick the Switch category, etc.)
    All of the questions on the Fun page and Overall page are optional too.

The survey will stay open until Sunday at midnight. I'll post the results on Monday.

Voted. Thanks for organising Mr E. One small thing, Days Gone is there twice for PS4 game of the year - although to be fair it was that damn good ;)

Why isn't every option not Ace Combat 7 yet days gone is there twice!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Why isn't every option not Ace Combat 7 yet days gone is there twice!

I ****ing love it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Voted! Thanks Mr. E and all involved!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,085 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

“Outer Wilds (wins by default)”

Ah, I love it when democracy works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

How Ada Wong was not a Nominee for Hottest Female is baffling :mad:
    Im boycotting the oscars (boards) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ Armani Stale Poltergeist

Played Ace Combat 7

It's overrated

Yeah, I said it

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Voted. Thanks for organising Mr E. One small thing, Days Gone is there twice for PS4 game of the year - although to be fair it was that damn good ;)

Fixed, cheers. Nobody voted on the 2nd one so I just deleted it. :o

Fixed, cheers. Nobody voted on the 2nd one so I just deleted it. :o

Nobody should have voted for the 1st one either...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Everybody should have voted for the 1st one, way better than Ace Combat 7...

Fixed that for you :D

Bunch of slack jawed videogame Philistines. Ace Combat 7 will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,785 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ace Combat 7 will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me.

Is that why your so angry? Such a big Wang and little tiny arms so you can't reach it :pac:

About 3½ days left to vote, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Where is bloodstained: ritual of the night in any of this?

• Advertisement

It was a very good game, but not award-worthy.

Last day to vote. Closes tonight at midnight. Results on Monday

Advertisement