Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andy Lee Autobiography

• 03-11-2018 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭

Just went to Eason there got his book. He signed it got a selfie. As pleasant as always, well spoken, good humoured and v knowledgeable.

Reading it on the train home

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Don’t read many sports books anymore but will most definitely get around to reading this one. Class guy is Lee.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He spoke very well last night on the Late Late show.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I have to say he speaks very well in general. I even stumbled across a clip of him when he was a underage boxer on The Den with Dustin and he was good fun then too!

I hope his book does well, I'll buy it anyway, his story is quite unique so should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Andy got a nice wee gig working for bbc in LA at the weekend. Before the fight he recorded a cracking interview that is well worth a listen. Emotional, engaging and insightful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE9mliB4OZA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭megadodge

SHOVELLER wrote: »

Thanks for that. Lovely interview.

I always found Cruz a completely fascinating man. Way, way ahead of his time, even in Cuba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Seems like Andy Lee is making a stab at management, Paddy Donovan has signed with Top Rank and is to be trained and by Andy Lee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭megadodge

gwalk wrote: »
    Seems like Andy Lee is making a stab at management, Paddy Donovan has signed with Top Rank and is to be trained and by Andy Lee

No wonder Andy was so adamant that Donovan had won his final against Molloy in the Nationals this year. It was obvious he had a vested interest as everyone on here had Molloy winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭mattser

Just read the book. Really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

megadodge wrote: »
    No wonder Andy was so adamant that Donovan had won his final against Molloy in the Nationals this year. It was obvious he had a vested interest as everyone on here had Molloy winning.

Just seeing this now....

I was at that fight. Neither man did anything of note. Desperate from both, but for me, it was more difficult to award the fight to Paddy. He was so negative; at least Molloy actually tried to win...

The heads in the studio claiming Paddy won, and kind of clear with their claims: utter crap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

It's a great book , not as good as the one about Eamonn Magee and there's a biography of Deontay Wilder floating about too on Amazon but I don't read much and Andy Lees was really good.

There's another great book called journeymen about the lads who fight prospects for a hundred quid in a town hall. Not that well known but again a great book on something not well known about in general.

Speaking of journeymen which thought this was fascinating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpg2ou0INZs

It's a great book , not as good as the one about Eamonn Magee and there's a biography of Deontay Wilder floating about too on Amazon but I don't read much and Andy Lees was really good.

As well as the above , has anyone read the Tyson Fury book ?

Is it any good ?

I'd say that lad has some story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Got this for Christmas and just finished it. Great read
    Amazing to see him in shared accomodation when moving to London after a good few years as a pro stateside. Probably making more now as a pundit and trainer and more power to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭weemcd

Top man Andy Lee. Puts the usual Sky panels to shame, just by taking sense. Must get a read of this myself.

Got this for Christmas and just finished it. Great read
    Amazing to see him in shared accomodation when moving to London after a good few years as a pro stateside. Probably making more now as a pundit and trainer and more power to him.

Yeah fair play to him it was some grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

The Lost Soul of Eamon Magee is a super book, Andy’s is good, but the other one is really outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The Lost Soul of Eamon Magee is a super book, Andy’s is good, but the other one is really outstanding.

I read the Magee book....Enjoyed

He never actually lost a fight...........................if you believe the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,966 ✭✭✭Big Ears

walshb wrote: »
    I read the Magee book....Enjoyed

He never actually lost a fight...........................if you believe the book.

Not many boxers have !

Or at least there's a good excuse why....

• Advertisement
Advertisement