Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish Lessons in Dublin?

• 24-10-2005 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any information about Spanish classes in Dublin. I'm living in Lucan, with no car, so I'm bound by the bus schedule.

My girlfriend is Spanish so I want to pick up a few words, preferably Catalan, but I doubt there are many Catalan courses around.

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Alligator Wine

Check out the http://www.lasc.ie . It's more geared towards people looking to travel to South America, but they run a beginners course in Spanish, at a great price. 1 1/2 hrs a week for 10 weeks for €70. Teachers were very good when I did it, but there were a few people with more Spanish than I had, ie none, and sometimes it was hard to keep up. I'm sure if u put in the effort outside of class then you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

The Instituto Cervantes in Ballsbridge has both Spanish and Catalan lessons.
    Would recommend this place too.

http://dublin.cervantes.es

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cceguerra

I would recommend this place www.spanishdublin.com I have made a lot of progress since I started taking lessons a couple of months ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sybiathriall

Hi I've just recently finished up a 14 week course (beginners) with the sandford language institute. i was researching for the best deal as money is tight in these times and when i found sandford they were offering a early booking discount.

They proved to be the best candidate as course was really good and the tutor was great! I'm returning to them in the autumn but they do offer all year round tutions!

hope this is of any use!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

silvo wrote: »
    The Instituto Cervantes in Ballsbridge has both Spanish and Catalan lessons.
    Would recommend this place too.

http://dublin.cervantes.es

I know this thread is old, but just to update for anyone looking at it now, I.C is now on Lincoln Place in the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 capta

Just to add to this resource even though the original thread is old: the DLTC in Dun Laoghaire offers Spanish courses all year round - evening courses aswell as private courses. Hour for hour they are better value than cervantes and the teachers are very good - nice atmosphere too. Their website is www.dltc.ie. Suerte!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 theschni

Hey,

Just wondering does anyone know anything or have an opinion on Aisling Ireland? They offer Spanish classes in Rathmines which I'm thinking of starting but I want to find out if they are reputable. If anyone knows of any other schools with an approx 10 week beginners course starting in Sep in the Rathmines/Ranelagh/Rathgar or city centre area, would love to hear about it! I've read the old posts and have looked into those schools but want to see if anyone has anything else to add??

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MOOK16

Looking to improve your Spanish?

I can Help you with it. I´m a Venezuelan guy with extra time and courage to teach Spanish.

If you are interested send me a txt or send me an e-mail; between 2pm to 9pm Monday to Friday. I have a work permit in Ireland (PPS) Carlos Molina.

At the moment my rate will be 10 Euros by hour.

contact details:

carlitosborregales@yahoo.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 raquelmor

Hi Dave,
    My name is Raquel.I am native Spanish tutor with 3 years experience - 2 in Instituto Cervantes-

My timetable is flexible. I teach all levels.

Pronunciation
    Grammar
    Vocabulary
    Verbs
    Oral and written comprehension
    Speaking

Please feel free to contact me if you have any question or want to book a lesson.

mail: bicicleta@live.com

mobile: 0851052559

Raquel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Alko56

Hi, I have studied Spanish for many years both in school and college and would like to take my Spanish to the next step. I am eager to become as close to fluent as possible for an Irish person not living in Spain. I have participated in Spanish courses but would like to be tutored by a Spanish teacher qualified to do so in the South Dublin area.If anyone has any ideas or contacts, please let me know.Thanks, Alan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Hi, I am looking for 1-1 spanish lessons from a South American native speaker, preferably from Argentina. I have taken 4 sets of 12 weeks of classes but am looking for 1 to 1 training with a native argentinian speaker if possible.

PM if you can help !

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I'm a beginner with Spanish and I've just completed a 12-week A1 course in university. I'm now looking into private lessons in Dublin and considering either the Instituto Cervantes or the Latin American Solidarity Centre (LASC). The Instituto has a 15-week (two hours a week therefore a total of 30 hours) course for between €270-300 (depends on the time of lessons) which works out at either €9/€10 per hour. Whereas the LASC has an 11-week course (1.5 hours per week therefore a total of 16.5 hours) for €120 which works out at about €7.30 an hour.

Has anyone taken a course with either the Instituto or the LASC? I'd be fairly sure the Institito is of a high quality but I'd like to know about the LASC and what the quality of these courses are. I'm aware that the LASC teaches South American Spanish which I would prefer as I will be travelling there and am very interested in Latin American in general.

Anyone have any advice for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I am pie wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking for 1-1 spanish lessons from a South American native speaker, preferably from Argentina. I have taken 4 sets of 12 weeks of classes but am looking for 1 to 1 training with a native argentinian speaker if possible.

PM if you can help !

Please post in the sticky and do not revive zombie threads.
    Crania wrote: »
    I'm a beginner with Spanish and I've just completed a 12-week A1 course in university. I'm now looking into private lessons in Dublin and considering either the Instituto Cervantes or the Latin American Solidarity Centre (LASC). The Instituto has a 15-week (two hours a week therefore a total of 30 hours) course for between €270-300 (depends on the time of lessons) which works out at either €9/€10 per hour. Whereas the LASC has an 11-week course (1.5 hours per week therefore a total of 16.5 hours) for €120 which works out at about €7.30 an hour.

Has anyone taken a course with either the Instituto or the LASC? I'd be fairly sure the Institito is of a high quality but I'd like to know about the LASC and what the quality of these courses are. I'm aware that the LASC teaches South American Spanish which I would prefer as I will be travelling there and am very interested in Latin American in general.

Anyone have any advice for me?

Please see the sticky and other threads, this has been discussed many, many times.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement