Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skittlemon

Eeden wrote: »
    I'm thinking maybe somewhere that does home brewing supplies? But I don't know off hand. Sorry.

There's a place down the back of the Lisobaun industrial estate, just down from the car wash/cheap diesel place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

I'd try Tommy Vardens, there's one near ravens terrace (from what I can remember) and one could be on the Tuam road too

http://www.tommyvarden.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Place with the best price to get a suit jacket and trousers cleaned! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Place with the best price to get a suit jacket and trousers cleaned! :)

The laundrette in terryland behind pillo hotel, got my tux shirt steam cleaned and ironed €2!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

D Trent wrote: »
    The laundrette in terryland behind pillo hotel, got my tux shirt steam cleaned and ironed €2!
    Wow, that's good. That's a bargain even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Anybody know if the Galway Market will be open on Paddy's Day? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Ludikrus

Anchovy paste? Tesco used to have it but not on my last two visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Ludikrus wrote: »
    Anchovy paste? Tesco used to have it but not on my last two visits.

Maybe one of the Asian food shops

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Looking for a replacement electric shower tube thingy. the thing that takes the water from the electric shower thingy and put its to the shower head thingy.

Also looking for the technical name for said item.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

sea_monkey wrote: »
    Looking for a replacement electric shower tube thingy. the thing that takes the water from the electric shower thingy and put its to the shower head thingy.

Also looking for the technical name for said item.

You're looking for a shower hose, what replacement you need may come down to your make/model of electric shower thingy.

Woodies, B&Q, Argos are good starting points.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

With the demise of the army/navy store i can't find anywhere that stocks plain black combat trousers.. Any ideas people?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

With the demise of the army/navy store i can't find anywhere that stocks plain black combat trousers.. Any ideas people?.

Safety direct tuam road,
    TK maxx,
    mcdonaghs hardware ballybrit.
    Anchor safety briarhill
    Portwest High st in city

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

D Trent wrote: »
    Safety direct tuam road,
    TK maxx,
    mcdonaghs hardware ballybrit.
    Anchor safety briarhill
    Portwest High st in city

I'm on the bigger side :o so TK Maxx is out usually, I have tried Portwest with no luck.. The other two are more work wear but definitely worth a look, thank you. More suggestions welcome too though.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skittlemon

There's an army navy type store down that little laneway linking shop st to middle st (I think) really obscure location but worth a look maybe? There's a laundrette near them if that helps a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

jacobs-cornish-wafers-150g.jpg

The Missus likes Cornish Wafers but is having trouble locating them in Galway.

She's 100% certain they don't have them in Tesco (apart from a few in the 'Biscuits For Cheese' selection box)

Anyone spied any packets about?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I haven't seen them, but would suggest trying Morton's, McCambridges, or perhaps Marks & Spencer.

Eeden wrote: »
    I haven't seen them, but would suggest trying Morton's, McCambridges, or perhaps Marks & Spencer.

Cheers! She'll investigate next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

RichT wrote: »

M&S dont have them.

RichT wrote: »
    M&S dont have them.

Cheers! She won't investigate there.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

joyces normally have them il be in the one in tuam during the week so il look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Anyone know where I can buy a 23 x 2.5cm loose-bottom fluted flan tin?

Want to make a lemon meringue pie. I have had a look in dunnes and supervalu and no luck. I will try Tesco at lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

cowlove wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can buy a 23 x 2.5cm loose-bottom fluted flan tin?

Want to make a lemon meringue pie. I have had a look in dunnes and supervalu and no luck. I will try Tesco at lunch time.

Anthony Ryan on Market Street. Maybe even Dealz or Mr Price

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

bonzodog2 wrote: »

Thanks, I called Anthony Ryans and they have them. Going to pop in at lunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

bonzodog2 wrote: »

+1 for Anthony Ryan. TKMaxx is also good for bakeware. You could also try decobake in Eglington Street

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cory_Gaelic

I am looking for an irish speaking actress between 16-25 to be in a short film tomorrow (Saturday 22nd) in Galway City, this is for a student project, apologies for late notice, some actresses dropped out recently.
    if anyone is interested, or knows someone interested, there is a small amount of payment involved, please contact me via PM. thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I am looking for an irish speaking actress between 16-25 to be in a short film tomorrow (Saturday 22nd) in Galway City, this is for a student project, apologies for late notice, some actresses dropped out recently.
    if anyone is interested, or knows someone interested, there is a small amount of payment involved, please call on 083<snip>.
    Message the Galway Film Centre and Little Cinema Galway on Facebook and they'll probably post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭martin6651

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to get large quantities of berries (blue.black,straw,raspberry) i.e catering sizes if so where.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm looking for a chrome pole, the type commonly used as wardrobe clothes rails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Got one recently in jp Corry , imagine they are in brooks , woodies , b&q etc too though

• Advertisement

Got one recently in jp Corry , imagine they are in brooks , woodies , b&q etc too though

Thanks, I managed to get into b&q yesterday but they had none, will check out JP Corry when I get the time.

Advertisement