Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Just got some 3ds games reduced to 5 euro and I asked the girl was there any more and she had some 3ds games for 1 euro. She was reducing the xbox games I didn't look as I don't have one. That was in tesco dooradoyle, limeri k

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭mac1961

maryk123 wrote: »
    Just got some 3ds games reduced to 5 euro and I asked the girl was there any more and she had some 3ds games for 1 euro. She was reducing the xbox games I didn't look as I don't have one. That was in tesco dooradoyle, limeri k
    What 3ds games, are they worth going to have a look,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

mac1961 wrote: »

I got

Paper Mario
    Fire Emblem
    Adventure Time
    Metal Gear Solid
    Starfox
    Nintendogs
    Streetfighter
    FIFA 14

for 32.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Nintendo_Wii_Blue_Console_feature.jpg

These are going cheap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

How much Shane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭zoeybelle

There was one display model compaq computer left last night in clearwater, 320gb hd, 4gb ram, 1.4hz amd processor 15.6" screen. had 200 written in blue pen on the sticker but i bought a different one marked 250 and it scanned at 150 so it could be cheaper. Loads of the cheap dvd's/blu rays, saw a couple of telly's been carted out but didn't see any displayed as been reduced maybe you have to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kildare2005

Naas store:
    Ps vita starter pack 5€
    Mod nation road trip ps vita 5€
    Realitty fighters ps vita 5€
    Everybody golf ps vita 5€
    Optical cable 2€
    Hdmi switcher 5€
    This what i got today:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

dunlaoghaire today-picked up navman satnav €25 and a philips bluray also e25

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

chrislad wrote: »
    I got

Paper Mario
    Fire Emblem
    Adventure Time
    Metal Gear Solid
    Starfox
    Nintendogs
    Streetfighter
    FIFA 14

for 32.

Where did you get these and was there any more Fifa, Fire Emblem or Paper Mario?

• Advertisement

Anyone spot Fifa14 or Paper Mario for 3ds anywhere in Dublin, would love to pick up either or both.

Can I add Fire Emblem to this too, would love any and all, sick at the fools on adverts selling loads of these games and others for €30 plus each, one guy even still has tesco stickers on his, only part of a sticker but even still, greedy fcukers. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

ShaneU wrote: »

Oh….interesting, takes me back to my youth - will that be national Shane? Thanks!

Oh….interesting, takes me back to my youth - will that be national Shane? Thanks!

Two years ago was your youth. :confused:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Two years ago was your youth. :confused:;)

I wish! Was thinking more Mr. Hedgehog on a different system - as I think you knew! What are we talking cash wise - even ballpark would be helpful before I decide to go out of my way to find now of these tomorrow! :rolleyes::D

Whoops - pricing question directed at Shane!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭anais

any ipods left in any Dublin store?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

ShaneU wrote: »

They were €25,maybe less now there were a few in Waterford in the first few days of the sale, gone now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

mac1961 wrote: »

Art Academy (several of them) the only 3DS game available in Naas, Maynooth, Celbridge and Lucan.......... Not sure how/why they seem to have so many of this particular game. Also no PS3 games at all in the area. Plenty of PES2012- for xBox.......

Art Academy (several of them) the only 3DS game available in Naas, Maynooth, Celbridge and Lucan.......... Not sure how/why they seem to have so many of this particular game. Also no PS3 games at all in the area. Plenty of PES2012- for xBox.......

:( Saves me a trip in the morning thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Where did you get these and was there any more Fifa, Fire Emblem or Paper Mario?

I got them between Tesco Coonagh and Crescent in Limerick.

Coonagh had Paper Mario and FIFA 13 left (no 14, but it's the exact same game anyway) - FIFA 13 is 2 quid, Paper Mario is 5.

There was one Fire Emblem left in Crescent for a fiver.

Bear in mind, that was at about 3pm today. There was a few others like Starfox, Ben 10. I also saw Zelda Skyward Sword for the Wii for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭shnaek

I called to Mahon looking for a Bluray player and/or headphones. Nothing left there except for printer ink and a few dvds. I did get a set of Duracell rechargeable batteries for 50c, so the trip wasn't a complete waste :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Naas have some vita games for €5,
    modnation racers, reality fighters & everybody's golf.
    gears of war3 for the 360 & darkness 2 for the ps3 also €5

wilser wrote: »
    Naas have some vita games for €5,
    modnation racers, reality fighters & everybody's golf.
    gears of war3 for the 360 & darkness 2 for the ps3 also €5

Where did you find these? I must have spent an hour going through 5 diffferent bins yesterday afternoon there- and only came away with 1 3DS Art Academy game- and only PES2012 and PES2011 :( I did get shedloads of Christmas and Halloween stuff though- including nice stockings for next Christmas @ 1.14 each.

Well done on your findings- damned if I know where you got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

The vita games are at the end of the games aisle maybe 2 or 3 of each one.
    about 10 or 12 gears of war on the 360 shelf.
    only 2 darkness 2 left.(hid 1 copy behind truth or lies for the wii)
    Naas monread road btw

wilser wrote: »
    The vita games are at the end of the games aisle maybe 2 or 3 of each one.
    about 10 or 12 gears of war on the 360 shelf.
    only 2 darkness 2 left.(hid 1 copy behind truth or lies for the wii)
    Naas monread road btw

Dammit- I was going through the bargain baskets- including the one on the car aisle and at kitchenware :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I went past the Bargain Bins and went down to the Games aisle. These were PS3 games I found for cheap:

The Darkness 2 - Not Marked Down €5
    Prototype 2 - Not Marked Down €5
    Tom Clancy Ghost Recon (Future Warrior) - Not Marked Down €5
    Dead Island Riptide - Marked Down on Shelf €5
    Lost Planet - Marked Down €5
    Final Fantasy Xiii-2 Not Marked Down €1
    Resident Evil 5 Platinum Edition - Not Marked Down €5

There was pretty much only one game of each on the shelves so I cannibalized the store (Edenderry) but maybe someone else might be able to find some copies in their stores.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

1Kg of Tesco crinkle cut oven chips - 89c

1.5Kg of Tesco crinkle cut oven chips - 2.29!

wtf lol. i actually had to get the lady to cancel two bags of 1.5 kg as they look virtually identical and were placed in the 1KG section!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

1Kg of Tesco crinkle cut oven chips - 89c

1.5Kg of Tesco crinkle cut oven chips - 2.29!
    Its quite common to see the family sizes being more expensive, it can cost more to manufacture due to economies of scale.

The 89cent bag also appears to be another one of their many unadvertised offers. Its way cheaper than most other tesco chips (bar the value chips).

I got those crinkle ones and had to add extra oil to them, too dry otherwise.

2 other things I would call "unadvertised offers".

20 battered chicken dippers 1.69
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=271024465

Trattoria Verdi Thin Pepperoni 345G €1.31
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=277942532

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Tesco nutgrove just put out Some of the cheap games. Got paper mario - 3DS, fire emblem - 3DS, sonic generations - 3DS, dirt showdown - 360 and silent hill hd collection - 360 for €25 for the lot. Lots of copies of gears of war 3 but not much of the other games. This was just 2 minutes ago so go go go! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

They were marking down the last of the Christmas stuff (crackers, napkins, decorations, cards etc) to 90% plus off this morning in Mahon. Sadly I was too late to get anything good and the shelves were mostly bare:( (I did get one pack of Hello Kitty Christmas Crackers for 11c ...I've 3 sons who Im sure will love them:rolleyes:) Also got a moustache travel mug for 93c and some other crap that I can't remember.

Got Dead Island Riptide (xbox 360 - in games aisle, not basket) for a fiver but couldn't see most of the other games that have been mentioned on the thread. (besides the COD, Football ones etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

just picked up a pair of adidas sennheisers in the crescent limerick for 10 euro, last ones and they were with the regular stock http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-PMX-680-High-Performance-Headphone/dp/B0034L3G8U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390229618&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+pmx+680+sports

also got guess who electronic for 2.50 and an MS Office key for 1 euro, think they were hidden by someone in a corner but they caught my eye ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement