Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liquidation Auctions?

• 14-07-2006 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭

Any idea where business liquidation auctions are usually advertised? Or are they usually a bit hush-hush and kept between those in the know?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

www.wilsonsauctions.com

They have a place out in tallaght with auctions every week of cars, commercial disposals, liquidation stock. They also have frequent auctions on site in commercial premises that are closing down. What were you looking to buy?

Have a look at the Scottish auctions they do on behalf of the police forces. Interesting stuff. All shoplifted gear that was not reunited with it's owners and similarly lost/stolen bicycles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Hey wyndham, thanks for the link.

I'd be looking for a few bits and pieces for a home office type thing. Maybe a few things I know I can flog elsewhere, while I'm there.

Maybe a car too, do you know what makes a rental company sell a car there? Is it after a certain mileage or when its a write off practically?

Is this the only place company liquidators offload stuff?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Rental companies always try and keep their stock of cars less than 12-18 months old. Be careful with the cars. Rental cars will have been driven by Americans who are used to automatic shift and the gearbox/clutch may be wrecked. It's the same with the ex-garda cars. They literally have the sh1t driven out of them at high speeds. Cars driven by people that don't own them will never be as well looked after.

Office furniture auctions are held by Herman/Wilkinson, based in Rathmines. They have an auction every Thursday morning in their saleroom in Rathmines. The stuff is usually as cheap as chips. Viewing on Wednesday afternoons. They also hold auctions on different premises if there is enough stuff and these are advertised in The Irish Times every Saturday. (Look at the art/antiques sales reviews) They recently sold the first tranche of stuff from The Central Bank and I think there is more due up soon. The prices for this stuff was quite strong though because of the history attached to it. For example you could have got the boardroom table and chairs at which the governors sat monthly and set interests rates, etc :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lanternman

The liquidators and receivers use specific auctioneers so keep a look on their web sites.

http://www.rocheassociates.ie/

http://www.eauctions.ie/

http://www.mckay.ie/mckay/auctiontender.asp

However, for pieces of furniture etc. you are best to go to the people that the above auctioneers load their stuff off onto! This is because the auctioneers will not auction off office furniture unless it is worth holding an actual auction. In most cases they just sell the stuff as a lot to a second hand furniture shop/contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kitesurfingbum

www.eauctions.ie (three sales at present)
    www.donedeal.ie (not liquidations, more like the buyandsell, but good value)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Rex Manning

This is for the UK but might be worth a trip over if you have a van:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008/feb/09/consumeraffairs

HTH

PS: Mods, not too sure what the story is with posting links but if it's not allowed, please delete

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kitesurfingbum

Liquidations auctions update

www.eauctions.ie
    contents of Dell factory, limerick
    1500 computers for sale:)

Dutch liquidation auction company entering the Irish market
    www.daanauctions.com
    3000+ items for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

I have been to numerous auctions at Wilsons Auctions. There are some great bargains to be had. I bought items from Office Furniture, Household Furniture and Bathroom Furniture. My house is nearly sorted now! Just need a new bed! Lucky they have another furniture auction coming up this saturday so maybe I will get sorted then! :)

Have a look at their website www.wilsonsauctions.com It is kept updated with what is happening. Don't be robbed in the High Street!! :P
    i popped "www.wilsonsauctions.com" into google & it gave a warning message:
    This site may harm your computer

I know wilsons auctions are a big reputable company, but I think you need to sort out your site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭conman

i popped "www.wilsonsauctions.com" into google & it gave a warning message:

I know wilsons auctions are a big reputable company, but I think you need to sort out your site.

it doesnt always means there are problems, it just means it was "reported" as an attack site...

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭scottyboy1973

wyndham wrote: »
    Rental companies always try and keep their stock of cars less than 12-18 months old. Be careful with the cars. Rental cars will have been driven by Americans who are used to automatic shift and the gearbox/clutch may be wrecked. It's the same with the ex-garda cars. They literally have the sh1t driven out of them at high speeds. Cars driven by people that don't own them will never be as well looked after.

Office furniture auctions are held by Herman/Wilkinson, based in Rathmines. They have an auction every Thursday morning in their saleroom in Rathmines. The stuff is usually as cheap as chips. Viewing on Wednesday afternoons. They also hold auctions on different premises if there is enough stuff and these are advertised in The Irish Times every Saturday. (Look at the art/antiques sales reviews) They recently sold the first tranche of stuff from The Central Bank and I think there is more due up soon. The prices for this stuff was quite strong though because of the history attached to it. For example you could have got the boardroom table and chairs at which the governors sat monthly and set interests rates, etc :)

A mate of mine in the insurance industry reckons that you'll actually get cars cheaper privately now than at auction. Lots of new people are going to auctions looking for a bargain and tend to get overexcited, pushing the price up. Also, ass obvious as it sounds, you MUST have a mechanic type person with you as you are literally buying the car as seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

conman wrote: »
    it doesnt always means there are problems, it just means it was "reported" as an attack site...
    Point taken, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Shaneod21

Yeah you also need to put a deposit of €500 aswell down at wilsonauctions! Also agree you really need a mechanic with you. There are some good deals there.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭marknoonan1974

here is another one, more industrial kind of stuff tho

http://www.b2bauctions.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 radioshuk

here is another one, more industrial kind of stuff tho

http://www.b2bauctions.eu/

That site is a joke i bid on it several times and even though was winning bid on items with no reserve still never won even though i had email to substantiate this so dont waste your time

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Fredddy

Shaneod21 wrote: »
    Yeah you also need to put a deposit of €500 aswell down at wilsonauctions! Also agree you really need a mechanic with you. There are some good deals there.
    .... :) ... you don't just need a mechanic with you ... you need a miracle worker... Wilsons are infamous ... do yourself a favour and don't stop and keep passing by..

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

After 9 years, he's probably gotten sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Chiorino wrote: »
    After 9 years, he's probably gotten sorted.

Though for those possibly doing more home working, Auctionxchange in Ballymount is probably the best place at present.

They do both a Buy Now and auction offering of office furniture, catering equipment and some general merchandise
    https://auctionxchange.ie/

Advertisement