Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Itchy Anus

• 10-10-2009 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

On Thursday morning after a bowel movement I kinda over did it with regards to cleaning as I put at a lot of pressure on the toilet paper while moving it up and down. I then walked into town and it got REALLY itchy and sore so I went into the toilet and wiped my anus again but this time there was a small red-ish stains on the toilet paper (blood [but it was very faint]). I sat down for about 40mins and then I had to do a 30min walk and it was sore again but not as bad as before. I did bits of walking again but wasn't really that bad.
    Yesterday I didn't go for a bowel movement till late last night and I didn't have any real pain or discomfort.
    Today I did have a bowel movement that did require some cleaning up and I walked into town again but once I was in the pain and discomfort was back and walked home but it was really unenjoyable walk home as I was in a lot of pain. That was about an hour ago now and I am very little discomfort.

I don't think it is anything serious or anything like I think my skin around my anus is a bit raw. If it doesn't go away in the next week I plan to go to the doctor about it but is there anything I can do in the mean time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

You really should go to the doctor.

Until then though, you can use baby wipes on your bottom, which will be less irritating than toilet paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Go to the doc, could be anything........piles\worms etc

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

Get anusol HC suppositories or cream over the counter from your chemist, this should ease the pain and itching, if it doesn't improve within a week see your GP, maybe you should be very gentle when cleaning yourself for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Go seek advice from a pharmacist - they will be able to recommend something to ease the discomfort. Obviously, if it continues, take thee to a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Xiney wrote: »
    Until then though, you can use baby wipes on your bottom, which will be less irritating than toilet paper.

you need to be a little bit careful, baby wipes can clog up your loo.. don't know if you are male or female but get some feminine wipes instead, these are flushable and have less irritants than baby wipes (believe it or not)...

also, as mad as it might sound try and get a mirror that you can sit over to see if you can spot anything unusual, this might help you when talking to a pharmacist too...

best of luck, i'm sure you're uncomfortable and hope you feel better soon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Darthhoob

you can get moist toilet wipes which are gentle and flushable. i tend to get this now and then, toilet roll can seem quite harsh these days especially if you have been constipated, have the runs or just a big poo :pac: aggravates the tear that may have happened and makes it sore.

cream would be a good thing, and if it does not improve after a while then go see a GP...nothing to be embarrassed about :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

OP go to a doctor

if doctor does not find a cure, try an alternative medicine practitioner, sometimes stomach yeast infections can cause itchy ass

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ill repeat what most labels say: If symptoms last longer than a week (or 4 hours. Depends on the label...), go see a doctor.

You're sure you didnt just eat something stupid, like really spicy chilly? Spoiler alert: That **** comes back to haunt you in a bad way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement