Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/12/22/16812948/conor-mcgregor-opens-up-about-fighting-career-there-is-still-a-lot-left-in-me-ufc-mma

Conor opens up on his future about damage he has taken to the brain ( not from coke/drink) and there "is still alot left in me"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

They need to strip him. He has no intention of fighting any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

They need to strip him. He has no intention of fighting any time soon.

It won’t accomplish anything now because neither will the interim champ. Unless they make Khabib Barboza interim champ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

El cucuy's xmas wishes to mcnugget :pac:

https://twitter.com/TonyFergusonXT/status/944123255907954688

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Hes a big cringe machine.

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    Hes a big cringe machine.

you can't blame him really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

glasso wrote: »
    you can't blame him really.

Cant blame him for being cringey? I compleatly agree about the defend or vacate but mcnugget, potatoe etc are 12 year old stuff. Cringey as ****.

0G4kAb9dwnS1VVdNi9oza7VcnDc=.gif

Love me some el cucuy mcnugget bashing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Reads as if he had too much eggnog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

“It is not necessarily a money thing for me,” McGregor said.

Sure Conor. Tell us another one. Like defending your title is your number 1 goal in life.:D:D

Man has a career in politics if he can keep up lying with a straight face like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

are we here to comment on his private love life here or what is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

I could be totally wrong here now, but is yer man on the far left not Graham "The Wig" Whelan? who is supposed to be murdering McGregor any day now? fqqcm

https://imgur.com/a/fqqcm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    “It is not necessarily a money thing for me,” McGregor said.

Sure Conor. Tell us another one. Like defending your title is your number 1 goal in life.:D:D

Man has a career in politics if he can keep up lying with a straight face like that.

Conor bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,980 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

D'Agger wrote: »
    Somebody pointed out recently during the Aldo Holloway fight that Max took a full uppercut from Jose, and clapped it off - they stated that the height difference is what helps here, Mendes or a shorter fighter than Max or Conor takes that hit and it's quite possible it's lights out. Height advantage means that even if landing flush, an opponent mightn't generate as much power behind the punch.
    Clapping off a punch like that is more a sign that it hurt than it didn't hurt tbh.

CM24 wrote: »
    I could be totally wrong here now, but is yer man on the far left not Graham "The Wig" Whelan? who is supposed to be murdering McGregor any day now? fqqcm

https://imgur.com/a/fqqcm

looks exactly like him compared to other pictures.
    are the others in the photo convicted criminals also?

Mellor wrote: »
    Clapping off a punch like that is more a sign that it hurt than it didn't hurt tbh.

Holloway made bits of aldo twice. Think max beats conor in a rematch due to a superior gas tank. Mcgregor is in for a rough night sooner or later due to his bad cardio. We already saw it happen in the first diaz fight.

mkdon wrote: »
    are we here to comment on his private love life here or what is this?

Well its not like he's been busy fighting or anything. His love life stopped being private the instant the papers reported 10 hookers going to his hotel room.

Though I'm sure the more deluded Conor fanboys believe he brought them up for Bible study.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Well its not like he's been busy fighting or anything. His love life stopped being private the instant the papers reported 10 hookers going to his hotel room.

Though I'm sure the more deluded Conor fanboys believe he brought them up for Bible study.

You've also got the situation of clowns believing everything they see in tabloid papers.

That report had 1 one woman entering a hotel with one of Conor's goon mates.

Then pictures of other random women (suitably dressed for the purposes of the article!), some going in when it was light outside, others when it was darks, some of the pics could have been taken days/weeks/months/years previously, all entering a 500+ room hotel, but the article said there was 10+ all going to a Conor party!

You've also got the situation of clowns believing everything they see in tabloid papers.

That report had 1 one woman entering a hotel with one of Conor's goon mates.

Then pictures of other random women (suitably dressed for the purposes of the article!), some going in when it was light outside, others when it was darks, some of the pics could have been taken days/weeks/months/years previously, all entering a 500+ room hotel, but the article said there was 10+ all going to a Conor party!

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah. you're right. He's clearly not the type to do such a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

hqdefault.jpg

That could be Dee for all you know haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Ye she’s probably just leaning over conor to strap the baby into the car seat

Conor fanboys in a nutshell.

Its-Still-Real-to-Me-Dammit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭cletus

Ah lads, will ye stop arguing and go to bed. It's Christmas Eve, and Santa's going to be here soon

• Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

cletus wrote: »
    Ah lads, will ye stop arguing and go to bed. It's Christmas Eve, and Santa's going to be here soon

Eddie Alvarez would like a word, he’s got some bad news for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,980 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

hqdefault.jpg

He clearly the type to hit the strip clubs..and the rest. But that doesn't mean every story/photo in the Sun is true. Come on, you know the craic with the tabloids and the level of fact checking they care about.
    I might be misremembering, but I think Dee was actually there for the above photo (Vegas UFC promo), as was some NFL Hall of Famer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Conor's year recap, Part 1:

January: Conor holds an event in Manchester saying his next fight will be in boxing and he will do it with or without the UFC. Dana responds, "When you do a PPV where you're charging people 5 bucks to hear you talk, you gotta say some crazy sh1t. If he wants to go down that road with us, it'll be an epic fall. The chances of this fight happening are about the same as me being the backup quarterback for (Tom) Brady on Sunday".

February: Conor appears on the cover of GQ magazine before randomly cancelling a speaking event at the Red Cow. Floyd gives an interview saying "If Conor wants this fight to happen his boss needs to talk to my people". Floyd Mayweather Sr. vows to KO "Conor's coach whoever he is", meanwhile Kavanagh says "In MMA you have to work on 7 to 8 skillsets, in boxing it's only one, so it will be a nice break for us to only have to focus on one".

March: Dana does a full 360 and says "I fail to see how this fight doesn't happen, there's just too much money on the table". The Sun report a world exclusive saying the fight has been signed and will take place June 10th. Conor posts on Twitter praising the Diaz 2 scrap and "looking forward to the trilogy down the road".

April: Conor attends the Grand National and places €20,000 each-way on Blaklion, which placed resulting in a profit of 20k. He embarks on a four-day bender including trashing hotel rooms, nitrous oxide cannisters, girls alleging he tried to get them into his car, random videos up a tree-house and attending various house parties around the city.

May: Conor Jr. is born May 5th, weighing in at 8lbs 14oz. Floyd gives an interview claiming he could lose a potential fight with Conor. "He's a heavy hitter in his 20's. I'm 40 and have been off for a few years." Conor claims to have signed his half of the contract on May 18th putting the ball in Floyd's court. He posts a photo meeting Katie Taylor for the first time calling her a legend. He gets a boat, names it the "188" and gets in controversy for some shenanigans with jet-skis and powerboats near swimmers.

June: Conor drops into Crumlin hospital unannounced and goes around various wards to speak to kids. He posts a photo of himself and Floyd Sr. saying "THE FIGHT IS ON" for August 26th. The tweet was the 7th most retweeted sports tweet of 2017. The Hollywood Gossip report some anonymous sourced allegations that Conor slept with a woman they refer to as Sasha on September 27th, 2016 while in NY for the UFC 205 presser. A competition boxing ring was installed in an adjacent unit in SBG, with a mural of Conor connecting with a left hand. A reaction video of Conor seeing it was released. John Kavanagh writes in the42.ie "Nothing other than victory will be acceptable". Black Rights Matter activist Shaun King writes a lengthy article for the NY Daily News calling Conor a racist and a bigot. Chris van Heerden re-emerges for 15 seconds more fame appearing everywhere to slate Conor's boxing ability.

July: The World Tour commences. The opening night in LA leaves Conor looking foolish standing on his own on the stage awkwardly dancing for a minute. His microphone is cut and is unable to respond to Floyd's quips. Lots of "Hard work!" and "YEAHHHH". In Toronto, in front of a raucous Irish crowd, Conor goes on the attack calling Stephen Espinoza a "weasel" and suggests Floyd can't read. He threatens to fcuk Floyd up on stage if he makes a move with the Irish flag. He opens Floyd's schoolbag to incredulously find "about 5 grand in 'ere". In NY, Conor claims he is 50% black from the waist down and calls Mayweather 'boy' again, sparking dozens of "he's a bigot" articles amidst the video of his "Dancing monkeys" comment coming out. The tour fizzles out on his 29th birthday in London with Floyd calling him an "eejit".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Great article.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Ugh ....how was Christmas on Lobster island??? ....the kid looks to be having a blast........few weeks ago her and the kid had left him on here maw yah

Fooooook off!!!!

• Advertisement

I wonder how much the Independent paid them to wear them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement