Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2018.

• 10-12-2017 4:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭

Last season's thread here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057688002

Hopes for the 2018 season?

I'd like to see a closer end of season, Storm were never really threatened and it was a bit of a damp squib. Another close Origin series would be nice, and least likely wish would be the Warriors have a bit of spirit about them this year and not be the worst team in the competition.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yes a closer season would be nice. I'm interested to see what Cronk and Tedesco will mean for the Roosters. Hope to see the Knights have a better time of things too.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

Some teams are gonna be unrecognisable with new players. **** i cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Well these shirts are just lovely. :pac:
    https://twitter.com/NRL/status/940076603148611584

Manly have a nice big fine coming their way. Breach of salary cap over five years.

https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/2017/dec/11/nrl-club-manly-face-hefty-penalties-for-alleged-salary-cap-breaches

Bit of a sickener if the rumours turn out to be true that Sky have NRL coverage back. That would be fine except they're only going to show 3 games a week. They have enough sh¡t channels to put every game on if they wanted.

• Advertisement

Michael Maguire taking the top ref's job....good to see he may be able to clear up some of the awful calls.
    met him a few days after the broncos game last year when we were robbed blind. he was still fuming 72 hours later

Michael Maguire taking the top ref's job....good to see he may be able to clear up some of the awful calls.
    met him a few days after the broncos game last year when we were robbed blind. he was still fuming 72 hours later

There were some petty awful calls last year. I'd like to see the offside rule enforced a bit more too, couple of teams are nearer 5 than 10 metres at the play of the ball.

Bulldogs are the worst for that!!!!

Bit of a sickener if the rumours turn out to be true that Sky have NRL coverage back. That would be fine except they're only going to show 3 games a week. They have enough sh¡t channels to put every game on if they wanted.

Oh no, don't like this news. :(

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Oh no, don't like this news. :(

I'm hoping the NRL international streaming thing will either be cheap, or at least provide more options for dodgy streams.

I messaged Premier Sports and got not reply, so I'm guessing it's a done deal.

• Advertisement

forget Hayne , have you heard what Angus Crighton just did????
    Amputated his dodgy finger :D

forget Hayne , have you heard what Angus Crighton just did????
    Amputated his dodgy finger :D

Jebus.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/dec/21/angus-crichton-has-finger-amputated-to-ensure-fitness-for-new-nrl-season

Doesn't seem to be any announcement yet regarding Sky and the NRL.

49 days boys :D

Seems to be confirmed now that Sky will be showing NRL games next season:

https://twitter.com/rugbyleagueontv/status/955869684594864128

https://twitter.com/rugbyleagueontv/status/955885081003986945

https://twitter.com/rugbyleagueontv/status/956187883345514502

Looks like no more Friday games, no more Footy Show, no more Channel 9 commentary so no more Warren, Gould, Johns.

I hope they have a good highlights show at least if they're not showing everything.

you can stream with the NRL app this year surely. im moving to the US to be with my girl after grand final weekend , spewing this is gonna be my last season here :(

and origin 2 , the only Sydney game is on a Sunday .........but its Origin Wednesdays :(

Seems to be confirmed now that Sky will be showing NRL games next season

Looks like no more Friday games, no more Footy Show, no more Channel 9 commentary so no more Warren, Gould, Johns.

I hope they have a good highlights show at least if they're not showing everything.

All very disappointing. I'll have to try and search out some other way of watching them, (though iffy streams of NRL are few and far between) unless the official steaming site is nice and cheap, and then it'll still be fox coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

This is cool guys. I got back from Sydney last last June after 18 years and got to love the NRL (esp. the dragons). I had no idea I could find like minded people on an Irish message board. Roll on the new season.

This is cool guys. I got back from Sydney last last June after 18 years and got to love the NRL (esp. the dragons). I had no idea I could find like minded people on an Irish message board. Roll on the new season.

Not many of us, but friendly bunch mostly :)

Nothing wrong with the Dragons, decent team to follow. Welcome anyway!

• Advertisement

Big story as Bryce Cartwright quits the Panthers to join the Titans. Seems like he had some off-field issues and asked for his release.

Gold coast Panthers are after Cleary as well :D

Bryce needs out of Penrith in general after what happened with his Ex last year. he'll go good up there..
    Hodgkinson bailed on the knights and signed with Cronulla

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Gold coast Panthers are after Cleary as well :D

Bryce needs out of Penrith in general after what happened with his Ex last year. he'll go good up there..
    Hodgkinson bailed on the knights and signed with Cronulla

Rumours are he goes a bit off the wall when he's on the drink. If that's true maybe the gold coast isn't the right place. Having said he's very close to the coach up there from the Penrith u20s so he might get on well up there

Rumours are he goes a bit off the wall when he's on the drink. If that's true maybe the gold coast isn't the right place. Having said he's very close to the coach up there from the Penrith u20s so he might get on well up there

There's a lot less expectation up there too which should help.

The official lowdown on Sky's FIVE YEAR deal with the NRL...
    · Three NRL Telstra Premiership weekly matches per round

· NRL Telstra Premiership finals series and Grand Final

· Holden State of Origin Series

· And further action from the southern hemisphere including the Nines Tournament, NRL All Stars and Trans-Tasman, Pacific Test and Australian Test matches.

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12196/11240622/sky-sports-sign-five-year-deal-to-show-regular-nrl-matches

The official lowdown on Sky's FIVE YEAR deal with the NRL...

Three games a week is total sh¡te. Really don't like Sky.

I registered interest about the NRL streaming service but haven't heard anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Does anyone know if Eirsports will show the games that Sky don't have - as Sky only plan on showing 3 a week?

Danick wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Eirsports will show the games that Sky don't have - as Sky only plan on showing 3 a week?

Unfortunately I don't think so. I messaged Premier Sports (who eir take the coverage from) to ask if they had any NRL this year and their silence was deafening.

The official streaming service from the NRL will be €150 a year or €28 monthly or €17 weekly which is way too rich for my blood. So I'll be trying to find alternatives sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Hi Lads
    Its getting close now, going to be a very interesting season

• Advertisement

Storm the team to beat again this year do we think? Anyone want to offer up some predictions? I think Warriors will more comfortably avoid the wooden spoon, and Storm to win the whole thing again this year or Roosters. (not particularly inspired predictions I admit)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement