Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

13-07-2017, 22:50   #1
Axwell

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match
The last thread was nearing the 10k post limit so here's part 4.

The same rules as the last thread apply here. People seem to have strong opinions either way when it comes to McGregor and threads here tend to get a bit heated from time to time. Please keep it civil and discuss all things Conor in a mature way.

Any name-calling, trolling, baiting, or being a general ass-hat will earn you a ban from the thread and possibly the forum.
If you have an issue with a post, please use the report post function.

Any off topic posts will be deleted.
Any "Do you even train Bro?" or "I'm an mma fan longer than you" type posts are not permitted either. They only make you look like a fool and as a result, everyone hates you. Yes everyone.

**Upate with Mayweather vs McGregor announced**

Lads consider this the one and only warning - big fight with a lot of hype around it. It brings new fans to the forum as well as the regulars so try and get along. Any trolling or nonsense and people will find themselves on a break from the forum and that applies to everyone.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-07-2017, 22:53   #2
D.Q

What time is conor fighting?
13-07-2017, 22:53   #3
hewhoscares

Well im up early tomoro but im kidding myself saying i wont stay up for this
13-07-2017, 22:55   #4
Gamebred
Banned

Will be interesting to see what material they come up with for tonight Roast, might be a duller affair.
13-07-2017, 22:58   #5
livelife

I'm not f**king leaving!
Advertisement
13-07-2017, 23:03   #6

13-07-2017, 23:03   #7
EagererBeaver

Can they keep this in any way entertaining for four straight nights?
(2) thanks from:
13-07-2017, 23:09   #8

Mark my words
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20170713-023041.png (99.7 KB, 368 views)
(2) thanks from:
13-07-2017, 23:13   #9
hewhoscares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Seduction View Post
Mark my words
They aren't even good odds.

This fight is the only time i'll ever have done a 3 figure bet, the value on Mayweather is insane.
Advertisement
13-07-2017, 23:14   #10

This is the first boxing match in Floyd's career where he knows his opponent would rip his head off in an unarmed fight.

It might count for nothing in a boxing ring but bear it in mind as the week unfolds because I expect Conor to ramp up that angle of attack.
13-07-2017, 23:24   #11
kwestfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagererBeaver View Post
Can they keep this in any way entertaining for four straight nights?
I think they can. The crowds tonight kinda but especially Friday will be predominantly Irish and in full voice. That alone will keep the entertainment aspect up I think, even if its in a panto boo hiss way.

I think there's a few intriguing points from last night that may come up. Will Floyd have a "new" contract stating Conor bets his purse and what will his response be? Will Conor's attack on Showtime continue? Will a slap get thrown in the face offs? Can Leonard Ellerbe stop smiling? These are the things that's got my interest piqued anyway.
Thanks from:
13-07-2017, 23:26   #12
Richard tea

Im up at 6am but I cant miss this. Hope it doesnt drag on
13-07-2017, 23:27   #13

Ellerbes smile is the most entertaining thing. I've never seen so much joy in my whole life.

Last edited by Ultimate Seduction; 13-07-2017 at 23:46.
Thanks from:
13-07-2017, 23:30   #14
LionelNashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwestfan08 View Post
I think they can. The crowds tonight kinda but especially Friday will be predominantly Irish and in full voice. That alone will keep the entertainment aspect up I think, even if its in a panto boo hiss way.

I think there's a few intriguing points from last night that may come up. Will Floyd have a "new" contract stating Conor bets his purse and what will his response be? Will Conor's attack on Showtime continue? Will a slap get thrown in the face offs? Can Leonard Ellerbe stop smiling? These are the things that's got my interest piqued anyway.
Now that he's had time to think about it, he has probably realised that he can get 6 to 1 from the bookies. No need to take even money from Floyd.

Edit: 5 to 1, if he shops around. I see the odds are dropping.

Last edited by LionelNashe; 13-07-2017 at 23:34.
13-07-2017, 23:33   #15
EagererBeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderfullife View Post
This is the first boxing match in Floyd's career where he knows his opponent would rip his head off in an unarmed fight.

It might count for nothing in a boxing ring but bear it in mind as the week unfolds because I expect Conor to ramp up that angle of attack.
I still don't get this angle. It is a boxing match, end of. Why do comparisons have to be restricted to "unarmed" fights? Why not compare how they might get in with samurai swords? Or bazookas?

McGregor's more rounded skillset in terms of fighting disciplines means nothing, either during the tour or when they meet in the ring.
Thanks from:
Thread Closed