Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

13-07-2017, 22:34   #8986

3:13 to 3:34

"I'm definitely going to carry the Irish flag, there's no doubt about it, that's what dreams are. That's what MY dreams are.... I know where I'm from and I'm going to go out there and represent my countrymen".

Advertisement
13-07-2017, 22:37   #8987
cloudatlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whelo79 View Post
What do you think of flags having pictures and 'witty' slogans daubed across them? What do you think of them being tucked into someone's back pocket and dragged through the mud, or draped across someone's shoulders and having beer spilt all over them and cigarette burns put into them? They are not flags, the are pieces of cloth resembling the flag. My flag flies above Aras An Uachtarain, Leinster House, Landsdowne Rd, Croke Park. My flag is not one that has been bought for €2 in a Carrolls gift store and brought to a press conference by some pissed up student.
I think you'll find that they are all pieces of fabric, the power with which you imbue them is your own creation and a narrative fed to us by groups in power. Nationalism by nature is also full of contradictions.
(2) thanks from:
13-07-2017, 22:50   #8988
Axwell

Lads, the thread is reaching the 10k limit..

New thread here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...#post104079963
(4) thanks from:
Thread Closed