Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 2). **Read warning in 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

They're about to face off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Conor seems to be taking it easy on him...don't blame him...its kinda like picking on the slow kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Diaz kinda looks like his feathers have been ruffled already.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Diaz is so much bigger than McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Didn't realise there was such a height diff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Enjoyable watching the two of them but Nate talks like he's taken a few too many blows to the head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Conor looked much bigger than usual....

Yeah I felt sorry for Nate - he is a bit slow I would imagine...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Enjoyable watching the two of them but Nate talks like he's taken a few too many blows to the head

Always been like that its not from trauma.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

The ufc should spend a few quid on these pressers they re always having sound problems and ****, stupid reporters then getting to ask questions then... they need to sort that **** out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Really enjoyed that you know

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

A lifetime of weed and blows to the head. It would be amazing if he didn't talk like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Anti climax.

Conor giving him respect.

I think diaz was saying conor claims everyone is on steroids but conor thought he was accusing him of been on steroids!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Anti climatic if I'm honest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,305 ✭✭✭xtal191

That'll prob be better than the actual fight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Anti-climatic? Wtf? That was gold. They are going to fight in 10 days no need for stupid brawls. There is no animosity between them yet it is still gold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Diaz a foot taller than conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Diaz a foot taller than conor.

It wont help him. He'll dive in swinging and get caught.

To be honest, I've really disappointed that Dos Anjos pulled out. That was going to be really interesting to watch. This one is much more predictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Diaz is a legitimate 6 foot. Conor is 5'9" in the same way WWF wrestlers are 7 foot tall and 400lbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Kirby wrote: »
    It wont help him. He'll dive in swinging and get caught.

Like no Diaz ever...

• Advertisement

https://streamable.com/2yei

Diaz is tall but he also fights stooped over :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Really missed Nick cropping up to stir sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭kingcharles82

Bit of a boring presser really, can't see the fight lasting too long Diaz isn't fit and mcgregor is after a full camp and doest even have to cut weight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

darced wrote: »

nervous jesus christ

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭kingcharles82

I have to say Conor seemed nervous there, its pretty clear he is a fan of the Diaz brothers.

Crazy talk

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LurkerNo1

newbbieb wrote: »
    Can't blame him to be honest.If your clean you don't like someone linking you to steroids.

Ah come on, every doper gets animated with denial until they are caught. Lance Armstrong ring a bell ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I think Nate had the best one liners:

"You knocked out three midgets and now you are pumped up"

Can't say I agree.

I reckon Diaz is getting knocked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I have to say Conor seemed nervous there, its pretty clear he is a fan of the Diaz brothers.

This isn't a dig at you at all but Conor has "seemed nervous" every single fight in the ufc apparently, it's just nonsense at this stage.

Great press conference, dying for this fight it will be entertaining. Conor not having to worry about getting kod, can feel a hook kick or some form of capoeira kick finishing Diaz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

evo2000 wrote: »
    The ufc should spend a few quid on these pressers they re always having sound problems and ****, stupid reporters then getting to ask questions then... they need to sort that **** out

I’d agree in general but they had less than a day to throw this one together. It was supposed to be an open workout and then a media call before it was changed to a press conference.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement