Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

10-12-2013, 21:34   #31
Gumbi

It depends. I take it as it happens because I know it's just his personality. He's just whacky, loves talking **** and being hyperbolic. That's 100% fine in my book - he's being honest. Whether you like it or not is up to you. Being honest, I think he's hilarious. His manic laugh is the best.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-12-2013, 21:59   #32
barry burp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbi View Post
It depends. I take it as it happens because I know it's just his personality. He's just whacky, loves talking **** and being hyperbolic. That's 100% fine in my book - he's being honest. Whether you like it or not is up to you. Being honest, I think he's hilarious. His manic laugh is the best.
love the way he fights and im a big fan but the pretentious laugh and constant ****e is getting boring now, I see hes rubbing off on young james Gallagher now, seen him running around thinking hes a mixture of joey b res with the glasses and rockin a primark suit thinkin hes mc gregor and talking in a Dublin accent , seriously, callin all the ammy fighters muck and having an attitude, saying how hes recovering from injury like hes superman, yawn , weve heard it all before james, stay humble
10-12-2013, 22:31   #33
SDTimeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry burp View Post
love the way he fights and im a big fan but the pretentious laugh and constant ****e is getting boring now, I see hes rubbing off on young james Gallagher now, seen him running around thinking hes a mixture of joey b res with the glasses and rockin a primark suit thinkin hes mc gregor and talking in a Dublin accent , seriously, callin all the ammy fighters muck and having an attitude, saying how hes recovering from injury like hes superman, yawn , weve heard it all before james, stay humble
I'm pretty much done with this forum now because of what's posted on it. This and the martial arts forum used to be such a hotbed of Irish MMA and Martial Arts. A lot of people just refuse to come here now because of how it's changed.

You've joined this forum with the intention of bashing fighters and people. I also notice you big up Tommy McCafferty in another post. I've trained with Tommy and he's a beast but you must be from that gym , an affiliate of the gym I train with, or the surrounding area. The Gym that James Gallagher trained with before moving up to live with John Kavanagh. Which I would guess you know him, have trained with him and more importantly said all of the nice things in the world to him face to face, but come on here and bash on a forum.
(3) thanks from:
10-12-2013, 22:42   #34
barry burp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDTimeout View Post
I'm pretty much done with this forum now because of what's posted on it. This and the martial arts forum used to be such a hotbed of Irish MMA and Martial Arts. A lot of people just refuse to come here now because of how it's changed.

You've joined this forum with the intention of bashing fighters and people. I also notice you big up Tommy McCafferty in another post. I've trained with Tommy and he's a beast but you must be from that gym , an affiliate of the gym I train with, or the surrounding area. The Gym that James Gallagher trained with before moving up to live with John Kavanagh. Which I would guess you know him, have trained with him and more importantly said all of the nice things in the world to him face to face, but come on here and bash on a forum.
nah I don't train with either or, just by reading his facebook and watchin tommy smash ben davis and also watching artem fight as well , this is where my opinions are from
10-12-2013, 22:44   #35
El Guapo!

Mod: The last thread on this was so much of a disaster that it had to be locked. I don't want the same thing to happen to this thread. We'd rather take a hands off approach in this forum and we'd like to think people in here are adult enough to leave the petty remarks away from the forum. But if that can't be done, then the thread will be locked for good. Don't start all the crap again.

And, @ barry burp, don't post in this thread again.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-12-2013, 01:25   #36
Chewabacca

I fully agree with what was posted above in regards to the bashing. This forum used to be the best place to post, full of intelligent, well thought out fight discussion, be it international or national. It's becoming like sherdog, everyone posts like they know better than the fighters and trainers and have no problem mindlessly insulting fighters or other posters.

What's the most amazing is that all logic and decency goes out the window any time the discussion points to Connor. Some threads are perfectly fine and some go completely out of hand.
Thanks from:
11-12-2013, 21:57   #37
Masked Man

He's likely going to be on the JRE next week. Be interested in seeing him on for two hours.
(2) thanks from:
11-12-2013, 21:58   #38
Be like Nutella

and at 34 I just felt younger than at any point in the last 5 years by understanding what you meant by JRE

yay me
Thanks from:
11-12-2013, 21:58   #39
MrStuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Man View Post
He's likely going to be on the JRE next week. Be interested in seeing him on for two hours.
I'll give it a listen. Hoping he has more than himself to talk about for 3 hours
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-12-2013, 02:33   #40
Chewabacca

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStuffins View Post
I'll give it a listen. Hoping he has more than himself to talk about for 3 hours
Yeah will be interesting to hear what they talk about, I have a feeling that the two of them operate on completely different wavelengths. Doubt that Connor has any interest in discussing Bigfoot or psychadelics.

As long as we hear anything other than 'positive thinking' and 'in my eyes I'm already the champ' I'll be happy. I have a feeling they'd spend a good portion of it talking about MMA, which is rarer than you'd think in the JRE.
(4) thanks from:
12-12-2013, 12:47   #41
MrStuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewabacca View Post
Yeah will be interesting to hear what they talk about, I have a feeling that the two of them operate on completely different wavelengths. Doubt that Connor has any interest in discussing Bigfoot or psychadelics.

As long as we hear anything other than 'positive thinking' and 'in my eyes I'm already the champ' I'll be happy. I have a feeling they'd spend a good portion of it talking about MMA, which is rarer than you'd think in the JRE.
Yeah I listen to JRE all the time and there's barely any MMA talk. Even when they have MMA guys on there they end up talking about no MMA related stuff. Particular highlights are guys like John McAfee, Victor Conte, Michael Ruppert etc. Great show!
Thanks from:
12-12-2013, 16:11   #42
magic_murph

Is Conor confirmed for the JRE?
14-12-2013, 16:08   #43
seiphil

Love JRE so looking forward to this one. Hopefully we see a bit more to Conor than what we see on the MMA hour and other short interviews.
15-12-2013, 14:04   #44
Xlami

Just wondering which one of you MMA masterminds made this video???

http://www.joe.ie/sports/mma/video-i...eve-ever-seen/
(2) thanks from:
15-12-2013, 14:33   #45
MrStuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlami View Post
Just wondering which one of you MMA masterminds made this video???

http://www.joe.ie/sports/mma/video-i...eve-ever-seen/
Sorry, I got a bit carried away
Thread Closed