Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2010 National Coursing Championships

• 25-11-2009 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

well lads the month is fastly approaching and the markets are taking shape have any of ye qualified anything for it?
    we are lucky ourselves this year we have a bitch and a dog qualified so hopefully with luck ya never know wat can happen in powerstown park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

good luck to you i have a feeling you will need plenty of it.Matthews seems to have a very strong hand in derby and oaks,wouldnt it be nice for him to get a visit from national vets association the week before clonmel.I hear the bitch that won Cahersiveen is very smart .this years all-age dogs have to be the worst ever,the amount of track breds doing so well.Watch out for Tarbert King in kingdom cup at christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭dahat

its getting very near alrite.based in clonmel myself,buzz around town for it is great.
    my dad n his team just got there first ever qualifier for the oaks this weekend.wons the trial stake in mooncoin, cant wait for it now

Idoubt if they get 64 dog and bitch.meetings need to run this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭butter13222

sting60 wrote: »
    Idoubt if they get 64 dog and bitch.meetings need to run this week.
    ya id say anyone who had a reserve will get in

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

lads would be anxious to hear of any accomodation leads for next week on the tuesday night - tks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Thousands of hare coursing fans are due to descend on Ireland for the annual three-day national championships.

The 83rd running of the National Coursing Meeting takes place at Powerstown Park, Clonmel, Co Tipperary from tomorrow.

Organisers hope the festival, which attracts supporters from Britain, continental Europe and the US, will generate up to €16m for the local economy.

Even though the greyhounds are muzzled and hares are released into the wild after the meeting, the coursing championship is not without controversy and animal rights protesters are expected to picket the meeting.

Around 30,000 fans will attend the three-day showpiece which has been staged at Powerstown since 1925.

But weather forecasters have warned the bitterly cold weather of the last few days threatens the start of the meeting.

Jerry Desmond, Irish Coursing Club chief executive, said a heavy frost is forecast for tonight.

“If the frost was hard the ground would get very hard. First of all the hares would not run well as they can’t grip and it would be likewise for the greyhounds,” he said.

“They would also be liable to injury, both the hares and the greyhounds.”

On Wednesday, as the meeting reaches it highpoint with the derby

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/mheyqlkfsnql/#ixzz0dq8EVYId

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭podsieboy

do u want to stay in the town?

lads would be anxious to hear of any accomodation leads for next week on the tuesday night - tks

This site may be of some use to you.

any fancies??
    i fancy colla aughadown and wise purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

would stay anywhere near clonmel , i would not be fussy

as regards fancies , i would go with the comrades kyle basil and go nina

• Advertisement

BANKER=KINGSMILL BLISS.SANDY SEA.HIGH AND MIGHTY,NEWINN ALLIN or the CAVAN WINNER ??

my buddies got accomodation yday the lady said there is plenty around as they think most people cant afford to cum this year

i think il change my derby prospect to drive on guest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I'm on Ibrickine Pat in the Derby and Helens Diva in the Oaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

My fancied dog is gone and my bitch is still there after the first days coursing. Going down this evening for tomorrows coursing.

podsieboy wrote: »
    well lads the month is fastly approaching and the markets are taking shape have any of ye qualified anything for it?
    we are lucky ourselves this year we have a bitch and a dog qualified so hopefully with luck ya never know wat can happen in powerstown park
    HOW DID THEY RUN.I HEAR REILLYS BITCH WITHDRAWN DUE TO SLIGHT NIGGLE BUT MORE IN FAVOUR OF THEIR GAMBLE.ROLL ON NEXT YEARS OAKES [MATT HYLAND-FORTHFIELD GIRL] SHES CURRENTLY BEEN REARED IN KERRY WILL COURSE AT AROUND 80LB.ALREADY TURNED DOWN TWO NICE OFFERS FOR HER.MY LUCK NEEDS TO CHANGE UP THE FIELD DUE TO INJURIES.I HAD FIRST REFUSAL ON THE EOIN BUI LITTER DUE TO HAVING A PUP IN EVERY LITTER PRIOR TO THIS ONE,I REFUSED.FRANCIE MURREY HAS A NICE PUP RUNNING MONDAY NIGHT ,DUNDALK I OWN A HALF SISTER [WESTMEAD HAWK-GIRL WITH GUITAR].WATCH PARNELL JO ON MONDAY NIGHT NOTHING WILL LEAD THIS DOG BUT KEEPS GETTING CAUGHT IN LAST FEW YARDS,NOT MONDAY NIGHT.

best watched was right

Slide show of some photos from the Coursing Championships available here.

Advertisement