Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blues / Blues Rock Jam in Dublin City or Dublin 15

• 07-09-2012 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭

Last chance saloon here as got no responses in other forums:

Hey there,

I know this is not 100% the right place for this but I've had zero response from the bands and musicians forum.

Looking for like minded classic rock, blues rock and blues fans to meet up every couple of weeks to share our mutual love of this genre plus jam out a few tunes.

We're talking Derek and the Dominos, Faces, Free, Any blues, Stones, Allman brothers etc.

Nothing serious but hopefully we could make this a recurring jam session.

I'm 34 and I play guitar and would love to meet up with like minded bass, drums, keys and other guitarists...

Drop a line here if interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭gerarda

Hey there,
    Where in D15 are you based? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Clonee...

Tyrrelstown here, im a guitar player too. Where did you have in mind to jam?

Anywhere man, any decent rehearsal places in D15?

I know of a good place in Cabra.

Got any mates who play bass and drums?

I think the blanch music school might have rehearsal rooms as I got lessons in there once, other than that its Dublin city centre

• Advertisement

I'll ring them later today to see what they have.

How long have you been playing yourself? Major influences?

If I don't get much interest I'm going to book a room myself, hook my iPod up to the PA system and jam along with some classic tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mydingaling

Hi there,
    Sounds interesting! I'm in Tyrrelstown. I had to leave the band I was playing with due to shift work and would like to play with other musicians on a casual level. I play acoustic guitar and can throw out a tune on harmonica. I like playing oldtime blues and other old stuff like Neil Young, Dylan, Crowded house, anything really! I'm 36 by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Jake the dog

I'm 42, a guitarist and in a band, but would be happy to jam along on bass if the details were convenient.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Keyzer wrote: »
    We're talking Derek and the Dominos, Faces, Free, Any blues, Stones, Allman brothers etc.

And Rory Gallagher!

Advertisement