Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sports physiotherapist

• 01-07-2020 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi

Could anybody recommend a good sports physio who has a good knowledge of hamstring issues, especially high hamstring tendinopathy

Thanks
    Joe

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I don't know about your particular injury, but I had a good experience with Pearse Street Physio for a dance injury, I found the consultation much more thorough than any other physio I'd been to previously and therefore got better results from the treatment plan (long term dancer, hypermobile, lots of injuries over the years!). They also do sports massages and dry needling.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Hi Joe, have you had any luck with this? I've the exact same injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I would second Pearse Street physio recommendation. Mine was a lower back issue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RunnerDub

Hi Joe, have you had any luck with this? I've the exact same injury.

Hi

No luck yet.

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

I used this one and they were very good. Did it all via zoom during lockdown:

this is their number, 0858726411 - ask for paddy.

Sports Physio Ireland
    29 Upper Fitzwilliam Street
    Dublin 2
    Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

RunnerDub wrote: »
    Hi

No luck yet.

Joe

Very annoying injury that does not seem to ever fully go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

I recommend mount Merrion physio on trees road or archview in Ranelagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Lisa Coffey of Glasnevin Physical Therapy..

She has worked with the touring New Zealand All Black rugby team and other sporting teams. Super nice, approachable and talented person who treats you in an ultra nice, relaxing home studio...

http://www.glasnevinphysicaltherapy.com/about.html

I’ve had several treatment sessions with her and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend..

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RunnerDub

Update

I decided to under go a scan on the hamstring. The results are, it's partial tendon avulsion. Tear from the bone. This condition rarely heals on its own, surgury is required. So I dont think a physio could help me. Maybe after surgery.

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

RunnerDub wrote: »
    Update

I decided to under go a scan on the hamstring. The results are, it's partial tendon avulsion. Tear from the bone. This condition rarely heals on its own, surgury is required. So I dont think a physio could help me. Maybe after surgery.

Thanks all

Ouch. Good luck with the surgery and recovery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement