Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing Snowboard with Aer Lingus

• 30-12-2019 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Myself and a friend are flying to Munich early February with Aer Lingus and looking at bringing our own boards with us as it's working out cheaper than renting them in the resort. I noticed that the Aer Lingus baggage policy now states one board per person with no weight limit mentioned, does anyone know how ruthlessly they enforce this? If we turned up with two boards in one bag weighing less than 15kg checked as one item of ski equipment would they call us on it?

We've always flown Ryanair with the boards in the past and as they say one item of ski equipment under 20kg we've always managed to get the two boards boots and even some gear in the one bag no problems.

Anyone brought multiple sets of gear with Aer Lingus recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭maddness

No problem at all with Aerlingus or Ryanair. I always bring my skis and all my gear in my bag and it’s usually about 20kgs or a bit above and I’ve never had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Stephen_C

Thanks, it was more the stipulation of one snowboard that concerned me more than the weight. We can get two boards in the one bag was just wondering if they check the bags to make sure there is only one board/set of skis in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Stephen_C wrote: »
    Thanks, it was more the stipulation of one snowboard that concerned me more than the weight. We can get two boards in the one bag was just wondering if they check the bags to make sure there is only one board/set of skis in there.

never been a problem for me. I always bring skis and 2 boards in my bag..

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Stephen_C

epopnomis wrote: »
    never been a problem for me. I always bring skis and 2 boards in my bag..

Great thanks think we'll risk it anyway.

Advertisement