Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are you stressed?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

jester77 wrote: »
    You could tackle why you are so busy, anyway of moving things around to deal with that?

Do you exercise? It's great for energising, fit it in whenever. I'm fairly busy most of the time, but I still get to the gym 3 times a week, 2 of those are alway around midnight as it is the only time I can get it in during the week. It's tough when you know you have to get up at 6:30 the following morning, but I've never regretted going for a workout.

Yeah I run so that's really helpful, everything seems better after a run. I can't really do much about the rest, I have to work, I don't have to go to college but it's going to help me long term and I can't get rid of the kids. I do get some time to myself just not as much as I need and sometimes I'm overwhelmed with it all. But I keep telling myself it's not forever and I make the most of the time I do have to relax. I don't think stress is necessarily the issue, we all have to face it sometimes, it's how you react to it that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

Used to have a sales Job with deadlines targets, a lot of pressure, absolute relief if you made your target after weeks of worry, stress and dreading monday mornings.

Moved department into a less pressured role, still have targets but the workload is there , you don't have to create it or going looking for it.

Took a hit on wages, few hundred a month which of course would be nice in the back pocket. But i weighed it up. I can still pay the mortgage, go for a few pints when i want, take the family out at weekends and a small holiday in summer.

Life is too short to be worrying about the bottom line constantly at work because they sure as hell don't care about you if its a big company.

Get out of the rat race, Ireland, Dublin especially is losing sight of the important things in life. Yes it might cost u a few quid but I'm my experience its more than worth it. If they doubled my wages i wouldnt go back

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

bitofabind wrote: »
    Yup, fully aware of that. I'm good at what I do and am financially incentivised to be good, in addition to having some incredible colleagues. What makes me good is my tendency to take my work home and not give up until I've found a solution though, which makes it a catch-22 scenario.

Well whatever, you know the issues but you are obviously comfortable with the idea of your health being potentially compromised as long as you are being paid well enough... the only solution is to fûcking STOP taking your work home, STOP looking for brownie points off the managers, STOP creating the expectation that you are ALWAYS contactable, ALWAYS available, ALWAYS working...

Separate work and home life...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Not a bit

Worked flat out at a job I despised every day for 2 years with 100% effort and commitment. Handed my notice in this time last year to leave by the 1st March 2019.

Walked into my current job and have zero work stress even if it isn't long term or anything that I'm passionate about. All the while my relationship with my girlfriend has came on better than I could have imagined and I've never been happier.

Was a real eye opener that sometimes you have to put your own emotions and mental health first.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    Not a bit

Worked flat out at a job I despised every day for 2 years with 100% effort and commitment. Handed my notice in this time last year to leave by the 1st March 2019.

Walked into my current job and have zero work stress even if it isn't long term or anything that I'm passionate about. All the while my relationship with my girlfriend has came on better than I could have imagined and I've never been happier.

Was a real eye opener that sometimes you have to put your own emotions and mental health first.

Yeah. I can imagine that being the case. I had a breakup a few years ago and just nose dived into work, became really good at what I do by giving 110% and am now in the position of zero life balance. Zero love life as no time for it. I’ll hopefulyl find the courage to do the same at some stage. The success and ego rush of being good and huge bonuses is just bloody seductive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I used to be. Then about 8 months ago I had a long look in the mirror. Thinking I am 43 and look 60 made me draw the line, now I do not give a flying banana anymore. If someone does not like me... too bad. If the world is about to go up the crib too bad 2. I am finding content and that's that.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Mehaffey1 wrote: »

1000% correct, even further... ALWAYS..put your emotions, mental health and wellbeing and that of your family... FIRST.

Advertisement